Sign in to follow this  
Nur

At it again? click here for help

Nur   

States Of The Mind, and Soul Series

The Dhanb State ( Sin State )

(Please Note: Not To be Confused with US State Colleges )

The sin state is the result of a prolonged Ghaflah State (oblivion), when we park idly in a Ghaflah state, we become numb, our senses go to sleep, our reason takes a vacation, and presto, we find ourselves in the forbidden half side of the game of life. The referee (You are tagged, Angels wave a red flag to pull you to a miserable corner in life)

Sins are like gravity, if we let ourselves loose, it easily takes place, taking us down to lower layers of the soul, closer to the animal levels of intellect and uncontrolled desires, There are four major drivers for sins:

1. Anger

2. Lust

3. Greed

4. Pride

1. When we are angry and in the Ghaflah state, we abuse others verbally or physically proportionally to the annoyance that we felt, and at extreme situations we injure or commit murder. Therefore the way to control the result of the anger is to control anger itself according to the Hadeeth of the Prophet SAWS "Do not get angry"

2. When we are under the influence of the NICMA + Ghaflah states in the form of abundant food and drinks, good health and some money, and further, our desires are not safeguarded with Dhiker Control Systems, or fasting, our automatic desires pilot takes over our comprehension and we begin to use our hormones for thinking instead of our heads, this process of following the steps of Satan continues until Satan guides his victim step by step to commit a Haraam action (Forbidden), and later convince his victim that they are now worthless, hopeless and inherently bad, so Satan suggests to his victim to continue on this sinful track for a while. The sin here is a springboard to make a somersault to higher sins like shirk and kufr, acadanallaahu minhaa.

3. When we encounter the potential of making money, and we are in Ghaflah state, and we have dire need for money, we cross the decency line by stealing, cheating and in serious cases robbing or killing someone for the money.

4. The last case is the sin we committed when we are hallucinated with Pride, like gossip, disrespect, calling people @#&%$#&, or even a physical attack or Murder. This last category, all Nomads are familiar with, I guess, it is what caused the Uncivil war in Somalia, because everyone's tribe is the best blue blooded noble and superior lineage.

So, if we do not repent from our sins what happens?

Well, first the angels log an error message on your file which usually is sent to the heavens twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays, at Fajr and Asr prayers respectively, so if you fail to settle the sin by making Istighfaar or Tawbah, the Constables on Patrol ( COP) angels will be looking for your tags, you are WANTED. So, when your file is reviewed, and it is deemed that you are a Muslim, the angels are instructed to serve you a regimen of punishment much less in proportion to the sin you have committed " Wa maa asaabakum min musiibatin fa bimaa kasabat aydiikum wa yacfuu can katheer " meaning, " Any misfortune that happens to you is the (punishment) of you have rightfully earned with your bare hands, yet, Allah had forgiven you the most of it " just like a judge reduces a traffic ticket as a mercy, but you do PAY, because if you do the crime, you do the time.

So the way to handle your sins is first to be guardful, HAFEEDH , so you do not fall in it to begin with, however if you find yourself in the sin pit, don't just sit there, do something like repenting and istighfaar, so you become AWWAAB , that way you are like Muhammad Ali getting up from the canvas after being hit by an stray right jab to the jaw.

Now, Sins are two categories

1. Those we commit when we are well aware of what we are doing

2. Those we commit when we are not aware of what we are doing

In the first category; we must immediately repent, the longer we delay repentance, the more likelier that a misfortune will happen to us as a punishment for our sin, like a flat tire halfway between Ottawa and Toronto in mid January snow storm.

In the second type; we should always guard ourselves by saying " Rabbanaa laa tu'aakhidnaa in naseenaa aw akhda'naa" Our Lord do not hold us responsible if we forget ( and commit a sin) or if we mistakenly commit an error" we should always make Istighfaar, so that they wipe away ours sins since Allah SWT said, " Wa maa kaana Allahu mucadhibahum wa hum yastaghfiruun " meaning: Allah was not about to punish them while they actively seek His forgiveness ISTIGHFAAR . So, what do you have to loose Nomad? take my advice, continuously say Istaghfirullaah, I tried it myself and it works, you will always be safe inshAllah.

Our sins affect the following:

1. Wealth, money ; a sin logged on our record can earn us a punishment that hurts, such as a loss of our money or our possession being stolen in Shiilaabo. etc.

2. Health , a sin logged on our record can earn us a punishment that hurts such as getting sick frequently at Iskushuban General Hospital without suspecting that you are being cleared of your sins which you take lightly, Allah SAWT says " Seek forgiveness from your Lord, ..He will further strengthen you with your current strength"

3. Family ; a sin logged on our record can earn us a punishment that hurts, for example,

your family and friends can drive you nuts as a punishment of your sins.

4. Happiness . A sin logged on our record can earn us a punishment that hurts, in the from of depression, we find ourselves depressed without an apparent reason, then we go to Pizza Hut for help just to get heartburn from the large vegie pizza we ate to feel happy.

So, if you continuously make istighfaar, you will wipe out your sins before you pay the price, so you will have a trouble free life, a little paradise on earth, you'll be smiling all day and your friends would wonder what are you up to, but as Allah SWT said, " Seek forgiveness from your Lord, ...He will make you happy" " Yumattickum mataacan xasanan"

Sins also withhold good things to happen to you (NICMA). So, if you continuously make istighfaar, your sins are reduced and good things begin to flow your way like rain, money , good grades, and kids if you like to have some little anarchists at home. Allah SWT says " Istaghfiroo Rabbakum innahu kaana Ghaffaaraa, Yursili samaa calaykum midraaraa wa yumdidkum bi amwaalin wa baniin wa yajcallakum jannaatin wa yajcallakum anhaaraa " meaning, seek forgiveness from your Lord, for He is the often forgiving, He will pour down the rain abundantly, and he will provide you with wealth and kids, and He will provide you with gardens and flowing rivers ( from the down pour)

See how many good things your sins are costing you? is it worth the price? take a pen and a paper and do Cost/Benefit analysis, list the value of the pleasure you get from business as usual scenario and how long it lasts, calculate the cost you are willing to pay and how long it lasts, then compare the two, ....that's right!, it is more economical not to commit a sin.

So, at this point, if you are smart, you will stop fantasizing about sins, if you still enjoy your sins, let us visit the exciting horror show next ( No munchies allowed at this theater please!)

If you get sick due to your sins, which you will while at it, and have a large file of sins logged on your account, you will realize that your time has arrived, moment of truth is at hand, you begin to shiver and shake as death approaches, now you are at your death bed and the angels are administering you with a punishment of pain before you depart, your bed sheets are like Lake Michigan from your sweat, but this punishment is really good for you because it wipes a portion of your sins, it is easier to pay here than over there, you know rude collectors can be!

Next, if you still have sins left on your file, Muslims will pray on your Funeral Janaazah, and the more people the better, so they will pray Allah SWT to forgive you, as a result Allah SWT will reduce your sins proportionally to the size of the attendants and their iimaan quality ( Watch out, your grandma in Garasbaalley sacrificing a camel to make a big funeral may not do the trick, if that was on your mind )

Next, you find yourself in the grave, this is not the executive suites of Marriott at Maui, or the Shangri-La Luxury Hotel in Dubai, you are in dark pit buddy, no air-conditioning, because there is no air, no smiling Filipino hostesses or Hawaiian Hula Hoop dancing girls welcoming you, here you will be met with scary faces of angry angels, you are accompanied by a Tera bit file that you never paid attention to, so the angels look at your file and when they see the remaining unpaid sins, the punishment of the grave begins, the real horror show, you are THE doomed actor, and accordingly a lot of yours sins are settled here.

Next, you hear the horn of the day of judgment being blown and you wake up, and follow the DAACEE, your leader angel, the driver and the witness ( Saa'iq wa shaheed) so you have to go throught the siraat highway, the straight narrow path, which is like the sobriety line test on which the police make drunk people walk on to see if they are balanced. So if you have been drunk with love of the worldly goods, you will fail this test and fall off to hell, otherwise, your sins will be waiting for you on the sides of the Siraat, depending on the severity of your sins, a corresponding hook bearing your name will be looking out for you, and will zap you when you pass by, either tossing you way below to hell or scratching you harshly to cause you agony and fear, here on the siraat super highway more of your sins will be wiped out.

Next, if you still have some sins left on your file, you will fall in hell and the torture sessions will cleansen you of your remaining sins.

Now you are all dressed up and ready to go to Paradise, in a dark suit, looking like like a piece of dhuxul , charcoal.

Now, that was some trip! init Nomad?

So, is it worth fooling around yaa geel Jirto Nomad?

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Softwaano Series

Contemporary Conveyer Of

Eteranally Conservative Content

e-Nuri Powered By Quran and Sunnah

Nur   

e-Nuri Old Editions

Imaan and Sins quanititaive Relationship Theory.

Developed while shopping at a supermarket.

I always look for a better way to explain the realtionship of iimaan with sins, sometimes I use analogy from the business world, sometimes from technology and science.

I once observed that our faith can be viewed like business profitability. To be profitable a busines has to:

1. Increase it's profit margin

2. Reduce it's costs

3. Sell more products or services

Today I will share with you my insights on how to reduce costs.

If Islam is our business, Hasanat are our profit margins, then sins are costs or liabilities that need to be reduced for a profitable business.

so yesterday, while day-dreaming between isles of a supermarket , I found the model of the relationship between iimaan and sins in order to control profitability of Islam as a business. Here is the model Alah SWT inspired me with:

Most readers would recognize the meaning of sins, but iimaan may be kinda difficult to define, so please refer to my old posts, or in case you can not find them let me know, I will repost them again inshaaAllah.

iimaan is inversely proportional to sins we commit, according to the following relationship:

iimaan = 1 / ( Total sins)

The higher your sins, the lower your iimaan reservoir gets.

The lesser your sins, the higher your iimaan reservoir gets.

Special case is when your sins are cleared on a daily basis by istighfaar and you have fractios left or decimals of sins in the denominator, then iimaan shoots up real high, so high, you begin to see concepts of iimaan much clearer like a soaring eagle.

Allah says:

" Inna Allaahu laa yahdii al qawmal faasiqiin"

So if you want to increase your iimaan, just reduce your sins, and enjoy the happiness of increased iimaan. A good business venture.

On the other hand, if your sins increase, they leave dark spots on your heart, your ( Truth Radar), Al BASEERAH, whose function is to help you see truth and follow it, and as they accumulate, they impair your judgement just like alcohol impairs your eye sight.

iimaan is also related to Hasanaat ( Good Deeds) by the following relationship.

iimaan = ( Ikhlaas coefficient) * hasanaat

iimaan is directly proportional to hasanaat times an ikhlaas coefficient ( Sincerity), the ikhlaas coefficient is a multiplier of the hasanat, the higher your level of ikhlaas, the higher yield on a given hasanaat action, for example, according to a hadith, a salat performed alone while travelling on the road can earn you 50 times hasanaat due to the ikhlaas factor, since no one is observing you perform this prayer.

So combining the two equations we have

iimaan = ((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / ( Total Sins))

So, what happens when your sins and Hasanaat (good Deeds) are equal?

Now if you find yourself at threshhold, the twighlight zone, you'd hope for another cooefficient to prod you up a little, I call it the heavyside coefficient, it is soo heavy, if you have a grain of iimaan, it will tilt your accounts towards the positive side ( MIthqala Dharra).

The heavyside factor is : RAXMAH

Continuation of Derivation:

We derived the general equation of iimaan as a relationship of sins and hasanaat.

we said that:

iimaan = ((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / ( Total Sins)) (1)

we further postulated that when your hasanaat and sins are equal, you need the Raxmah factor to kick-in so you can save your soul.

so the new equation becomes:

iimaan = (((ikhlaas cooefficient)*(Hasanaat) / ( Total Sins)) + Raxmah ) (2)

The Raxmah factor is NOT always active, ( we shall discuss what activates Raxmah later), that is why some people who may appear to you to be great Muslims may end up in hell, and vice versa. It is due to the Raxmah factor we are saved,not mere deeeds, because, without the Raxmah factor, no one will be saved.

Allah SWT says in suratul Faatir:

" Maa yursilillaahu linnaasi mir raxmatin falaa mumsika lahaa"

The Raxmah that Allah sends down to people can not be withheld by anyone"

It is with this Raxmah that everything good is possible, with Raxmah, our life becomes bearable, our worries reduced our good actions multiply and generally we become more successful witout apparent reason.

So how does the Raxmah factor play into this equation?

Whenever we do a good deed, it is due a Raxmah from Allah that we :

1. Remembered to do it in the first place.

2. Were provided by the material means to earn such a reward

The Raxmah factor is a gift from Allah SWT. It was reported that Messenger of Allah SAWS said no one enters Paradise with mere deeds, even him, unless Allah SWT encapsulates him ( YATAGHAMADUHU) with his RAXMAH.

The Raxmah factor ® is the Magic number, it is stealthy, it does not always appear due to our instantaneous state of the iimaand, it is iimaan dependent, and like you've wittfully postulated, it varies from 0 fro zero iimaan, to infinity in the case of those with iimaan who tolerated the path of Allah all their lives, as Allah SWT described them : " Innamaa yuwafaa assaabiroona ajrahaum bigheyri xisaab" meaning that the tolerant believers are rewarded infinitely, which says that due to the pain they tolerated, Allah SWT gave them infinite Raxmah which earned them infinite rewarrds.

Allah further SWT says : " Wa Raxmatii wasicat kulla shey" meaning, " My mercy is infinite"

With a catch!

Allah continues in the same verse: " Fa sa ajcaluhaa lilladeena" I will make my Raxmah available for those who........" among many other conditions, follow the Messenger of Allah SWT, Muxammad, the illitrate whose name is mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel, "

So, here is strong case for following the model of Muhammad SAWS, The Sunnah model for seeking the Raxmah factor, because Allah SWT says about Muhammad SAWS : " Wa maa arsalnaaka illaa Raxmatan lil caalamiin" meaning : We have not sent you except for the purpose of Raxmah for mankind" ,

We are also asked to make salaat on his soul to qulaify for Raxmah, The Messenger himself was ordered to: " Wa salli calayhim, inna salaatuka sakanun lahaum" meaning " Pray for them, your prayers are Serenity for them" , or Raxmah in our case.

Now let us look at (2)

iimaan is therefore a variable quantity, Allah SWT says in suurat Muxamad:

"Wa ladiina ihtadow, zaadahum hudan, wa aataahum taqwaahum"

"As for those who responded for the guidance (of Allah SWT), (Allah SWT) increased their (level) of guidnace in addition to providing them with a shield of protection from punishment (TAQWAA)"

Here we find an amplification and feedback effect, good deeds result in elevated level of imaan, and conversely, an elevated level of iimaan results in better deeds and actions. (3)

Likewise, bad deeds result in reduced level of iimaan, and reduced level of iimaan result in earning less hasanaat and more bad deeds. Allah SWT says about the companions who found themselves in distress during the famous Uxud battle after disobeying the orders of the prophet SAWS to stay their grounds:

"Innamaa istazzallahumul sheitaanu bi bacdi maa kasabuu, wa laqad cafaa Allahu canhum"

" Satan only caused them to sin due some of the bad deeds they have incurred, and Allah has forgiven them"

So in general, humans are born with an imbedded level of iiman in the subconscious, it is called Fitra or like I coined it on this forum ( Default State) iimaan quantity. If a person therefore carries out good deeds, and seeks his maker sincerely (ikhlaas), his good deeds will finally lead him to Islam. A good example of this is when a Bedoun asked the prophet SAWS:

O Messenger of Allah, before I became Muslim, I used to do good deeds, are these deeds counting for me? The Messenger of Allah SAWS answered him:

" Aslamta, bimaa aslafta" meaning "It was those good deeds that led you to Islam". So good deeds are a ticket to finding out truth and Islam.

In this thread we shall discuss, ways to decrease sins, increase hasanaat, and as a result increase iimaan, so that we can be guided to the straight path.

Your questions and contributions are encouraged to make this discussion a success.

Nur

2003 e-Nuri Mind Capacity Expanders

-------------------------------------------------

We Attack Problems, Not People

Beard   

Bismillah,

Iman=(Ikhlas coefficient)* hassanat/total sins.

I think it should be subtraction.

The good deeds-the evil deeds.

I mean:

Iman=(ikhlas coefficient)*hassanat-total sins.

Ikhlas coefficient is a purity multiplier.

The ikhlas of the prophet(saws) is the standard.

It directly compares the individual to the prophet(saws), multiplies by the Hassanat(profit), takes away his liabilities(sins) and is left with the final figure which is not good enough to take us to jannah any way.Then the Raxmah of Allah(swt) comes in(insha Allah).

Iman=(ikhlas coefficient)*(hassanat)/(total sins)+Rahma.

Rahma here is added to total sins and it is in opposition to the hassanat.So it is acting like a curse.

I think it should be:

Iman=(ikhlas coefficient)*(hassanat)-(total sins)+Rahma.

When Hassanat=total sins, you add Rahma to tilt the balance in your favour(to save your soul).

The formula could be further reduced to Rahma only and insha Allah, it will be infinite.

It goes down to the way of the prophet(saws).

"we have not sent you except for purpose of Raxmah for mankind."

Now I see I could be punished for my evil deeds ANY TIME from the time I commit them, in the grave and Qiyaamah.

Why do I link my evil deeds to Qiyaamah that looks far off?

they are affecting me now!

my view could be wrong and you could be right all through with this formulas.It is just a thought.

Jazakallhu kheyr.

I really had a great afternoon.

Beard   

Bismillah,

Sorry, sorry, sorry brother.

I think you are right.

Iman=(ikhlas coefficient)*hassanat/total sins.

This formula is perfectly right.

on the other formula

Iman=(iklas coefficient)*hasanat/total sins+Raxmah.

I think Raxma should not be at the denominator.

In my ((unreliable)) opinion, it should go like this:

Iman=(ikhlas coefficient)*hasanat+Raxmah/total sins.

Allah(swt) knows best.

Nur   

Beard Bro

is that you? from Somalinet? I couldn't tolerate the filth in that place, so I found this water hole and camel herders grazing their camels in this tranquil baraak.

The theory is under development, it is far from being perfect, I ask all mathematicians to participate to make it work, because the more we corect the variables to hold true in all situations.

The Raxmah factor is ellusive, it always puzzled my mind, also, imaan is related to taqwa, ihsaan, and many other variabkes that I ommitted for simplicity ( you know scientists always simplify things , then add complications later, to make money)

Nur

Beard   

Bismillah,

I had no idea where you disapeared bro.

The foul language has matured in somalinet.

The girls are at where you left the boys and the boys are three steps deep in filth.

I see this is where real muslim somalis are.

I have alot of relaxed reading to do.

Alxamdullillah.

Nur   

Beard Bro.

Dont relax yet Bro! Basra of Somalinet, has just joined SOL, she is next door at General Discussion boards, let us hope she has changed her language and style to fit the normal crowd on these pages.

LOL@nur live the girl alone adigana.I don't think somalinet moderators will tolerate any filth in here and if she does not grow up i guess she will be banned sooner than later(even though she hardly visits here). smile.gif , but the girl had had reasons to join here so hakaqasina.

Nur   

This is a reminder to believers, men and women who browse this site, Sins are the source of all of our miseries on earth and after death, its an injustice we do against our own wellbeing, we aid Satan by sinning, s Satan has a bet against Allah that we will follow his footsteps, and for some, his making good on his promise, Allah says: Wa laqada saddaqa ibliisa dhannahu fattabacuuh, ilaa qaliilan minal muminiin" Iblis,( satan) made good on his promise that he will mislead many, except for few of the believers.

Nur

hodman   

JZK Nur you truly have a gift in communicating with young minds of today and saying things in a way that makes sense. Thank you for reviving this topic for new people to see

Nur   

Hodman walaalo

The great thing about e-Dawa work for the youth in our day and age is that one can do it ubiquitously ( from anywhere), have it read leisurely as fits time of intended viewers, and finally, those of us who have some knowledge in Islam are entrusted to deliver it in a way that can be digested by a specific audience. In my capacity, I have adopted a special style in my delivery long time ago, it goes well with certain groups, but it kinda thorws others off balance as they raise eyebrows for my unorthodox ways, I hope that the message helps those who need it most, the youth and the young at heart.

Nur

Nur   

Baarkallahu feek sister Rahima, Alhamdulillah, a Muslim's condition is always well, like Ibn Taimiyah said, the only bad thing that happens is from ousrelves when we transgress Allah's bounds.

Nur

Nur   

Satan has finally dominated the last hope of freedom of thought in America, Now, from Harvard, the beacon of knowledge and wisdom, comes a new Fatwa, that TORTURE of Prisoners is KOSHER!

"A Brilliant Turn of events"

Cag Bakayle, the Somali Anarchist Declaration ( SAD)

Harvard’s Kangaroo Law School

The School for Torturers

By Francis A. Boyle

05/16/07 "ICH" -- -- Not surprisingly, the newly released January 2007 issue of the American Journal of Imperial Law — otherwise known as the self-styled American Journal of International Law but founded and still operated by U. S. State and War Departments’ apparatchiks and their professorial fellow-travelers — just published an article by Harvard Law School’s recently retired Bemis Professor of International Law Detlev Vagts (who only taught me the required course on Legal Accounting) arguing in favor of the Pentagon’s Kangaroo Courts System on Guantanamo despite the fact that they have been soundly condemned by every human rights organization and every human rights official and leader in the entire world as well as by the United States Supreme Court itself in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld (2006).

I am not going to bother to recite here all the grievous deficiencies of the Gitmo Kangaroo Courts under International Law and U.S. Constitutional Law. But suffice it to say that the Gitmo Kangaroo Courts constitute war crimes under the Laws of War, the Four Geneva Conventions of 1949, and even the U. S. Army’s own Field Manual 27-10, The Law of Land Warfare (1956). Field Manual 27-10 was drafted for the Pentagon by my Laws of War teacher Richard R. Baxter, who was generally recognized as the world’s leading expert on that subject, which is precisely why I voluntarily chose to study International Law with him and his long-time collaborator Louis B. Sohn, and not with the bean-counter Vagts. For the entire post-World War II generation of international law students at Harvard Law School, Louis Sohn shall always be our real Bemis Professor of International Law and never the False Pretender to that Throne known as Detlev Vagts.

Since those student days I have personally appeared pro bono publico in five U.S. military courts-martial proceedings involving warfare that were organized in accordance with the Pentagon’s Uniform Code of Military Justice (U.C.M.J.) — which still does not apply to the Gitmo Kangaroo Courts despite the ruling by the U. S. Supreme Court in Hamdan that the U.C.M.J. should be applied in Guantanamo — on behalf of five U. S. military personnel who each acted as matters of courage, integrity, principle, and conscience at great risk to their freedom:

1. U. S. Marine Corps Lance Corporal Jeff Paterson, the first U. S. military resister to President Bush Sr.’s genocidal war against Iraq;

2. Army Captain Doctor Yolanda Huet-Vaughn, the highest ranking U.S. commissioned officer to be court-martialed for refusing to participate in President Bush Sr.’s genocidal war against Iraq;

3. Captain Lawrence Rockwood, who was court-martialed by the U.S. Army for trying to stop torture in Haiti after the Clinton administration had illegally invaded that country in 1994;

4. Army Staff Sergeant Camilo Mejia, the first U.S. military resister to be court-martialed for refusing to participate in President Bush Jr.’s war of aggression against Iraq; and

5. Army First Lieutenant Ehren Watada, the first U.S. commissioned officer to be court-martialed for his refusal to participate in President Bush Jr.’s war of aggression against Iraq.

As I can attest from my direct personal involvement, each and every one of these five courts-martial under the U.C.M.J. were Stalinist show-trials produced and directed by the Pentagon that predictably and readily degenerated into travesties of justice. These five U.C.M.J. courts-martial involving warfare each proved correct the old adage attributed to Groucho Marx that military justice is to justice as military music is to music. By comparison, the Gitmo Kangaroo Courts will not even be run in accordance with the U.C.M.J. despite the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Hamdan that they should be.

Whenever they are up and running the Gitmo Courts will constitute Stalinist Show Trials as well as Kangaroo Courts, and their preliminary proceedings have already proven them to be Travesties of Justice. Even worse yet, fully-functioning Stalinist Gitmo Kangaroo Courts will quickly become conveyor-belts of death for alleged and already tortured terrorist suspects along the lines of the Texas execution chamber operated by George Bush Jr. when he was the “governor” of that state and tortured to death 152 victims by means of lethal injection. But today under the Four Geneva Conventions of 1949, executing persons detained as a result of armed conflict without a fair trial before a regularly constituted court constitutes a grave war crime. To be sure, under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution Professor Vagts has the freedom to advocate war crimes so long as he does not participate in their commission, or incite them, or aid and abet them. But precisely where is that line to be drawn for law professors?

In this regard, the Harvard Law School Faculty currently has at least five professors who have advocated torture and war crimes:

1. Vagts himself, who supported abusing the then recently captured President of Iraq Saddam Hussein despite his being publicly acknowledged to be a Prisoner of War by the Bush Jr. administration itself and thus absolutely protected by the Third Geneva Convention of 1949 and the Convention against Torture;

2. the infamous Alan Dershowitz, a self-incriminated war criminal in his own right. Dersh publicly acknowledged being a member of a Mossad Committee for approving the murder and assassination of Palestinians, which violates the Geneva Conventions and is thus a grave war crime;

3. the Con Law non-entity known as Richard Parker;

4. Another one of my teachers, Waco Phil Heymann. Previously Waco Phil had been Deputy to U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno, the Butcheress of Waco. Reno ordered the Waco Massacre, while Heymann orchestrated its cover-up and thus earned his well-deserved sobriquet of Waco Phil. All those incinerated women and children!

5. The war criminal Jack Goldsmith who while working as a lawyer for the Bush Jr. administration at both the Pentagon and later its Department of In-Justice did much of the legal spade-work designing, justifying and approving the hideous human rights atrocities that the Bush Jr. administration has inflicted on everyone after 9/11. Goldsmith and his co-felon legal colleague from the Bush Jr. administration Professor John Yoo — now desecrating Berkeley’s Law School where my friend and colleague the late, great Dean Frank Newman had taught Human Rights — are functionally analogous to Nazi Law Professor Carl Schmitt, who justified every hideous atrocity that Hitler and the Nazis inflicted on anyone.

Despite my best efforts to prevent it, the Harvard Law School Faculty and Deans hired the war criminal Goldsmith right out of the Bush Jr. administration knowing full well that he was up to his eyeballs in the Gitmo Kangaroo Courts, torture, war crimes, enforced disappearances, murder, kidnapping, and crimes against humanity, at a minimum. And when Goldsmith’s proverbial “smoking-gun” Department of In-Justice Memorandum was published by the Washington Post, Harvard Law School’s Dean Elena Kagan contemptuously boasted in response about how “proud” she was to have hired this notorious war criminal. Previously Kagan had also publicly bragged that the future of International Legal Studies at Harvard Law School would be in the “good hands” of their resident war criminal Goldsmith. How tragically true! The Neo-Conservative Harvard Law School Faculty and Deans deliberately set out to hire this Neo-Nazi legal architect of the Bush Jr. administration’s bogus and nefarious “war against terrorism” because they fully support it together with all its essential accouterments of torture, kangaroo courts, war crimes, murder, kidnapping, enforced disappearances, crimes against humanity, and Nuremberg crimes against peace.

By contrast, after the terrorist bombing of the Murrah Federal Building by Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols in alleged revenge for the Waco Massacre and Cover-up by Janet Reno and Waco Phil Heymann, to the best of my recollection I do not remember that the Neo-Conservative Harvard Law School Faculty and Deans advocated kangaroo courts, torture, war crimes, and racist profiling for America’s White Judeo-Christian Males. Yet after 9/11 the fundamentally White Racist Harvard Law School Faculty and Deans have no problem with inflicting torture, kangaroo courts, war crimes, and racist profiling upon Muslims/Arabs/Asians of Color, which is exactly why they hired the war criminal Goldsmith to teach such criminal practices to their own law students and thus someday turn them into racist U.S. governmental war criminals in their own right. This is because for the most part the Harvard Law School Faculty and Deans have always been viscerally bigoted and racist against Muslims/Arabs/Asians and other People of Color since at least when I first matriculated there in September of 1971.

The Harvard Law School Faculty and Deans are no longer fit to educate Lawyers, Members of the Bar, and Officers of the Court. They are a sick joke and a demented fraud. Groucho Marx would have had a field day with them: Harvard is to Law School as Torture is to Law. The Harvard Law School Faculty and Deans torture the Law. Do not send your children or students to Harvard Law School where they will grow up to become racist war criminals! Harvard Law School is a Neo-Con cesspool.

Francis A. Boyle, Professor of Law, University of Illinois, is author of Foundations of World Order, Duke University Press, The Criminality of Nuclear Deterrence, and Palestine, Palestinians and International Law, by Clarity Press. He can be reached at: FBOYLE@LAW.UIUC.EDU

Nur   

Nomads

Here is another reminder to keep Satan at bay during the upcoming holidays in which many Nomads ramp up their liability and mindlessly spend their assets for a temporary fad.

Nur