Sign in to follow this  
OLOL

The Mogadishu One Million Man March

OLOL   

Mogadishu, the capital city of Somalia has been hit with unremitting, negative propaganda by the adversaries of Somalia in the name of security and terrorism. The principal agent of these forces is President Col. Abdullahi Yusuf and the Addis Camp of the divided Somali Transitional Government. It is very clear that the Ethiopian government (the Wayani Regime) has decided that the defamation of Mogadishu and dehumanization of its inhabitants is the road that will lead them to dominate and effectively take control of Somalia.

The Somalis who are arguing whether or not Mogadishu is safe or where to relocate are missing the big picture. The most significant outcome from the two years of the Somali Peace Conference sponsored by IGAD is the loss of the right of Somalia as a sovereign independent nation and people in the eyes of IGAD. This outcome may have been a big surprise to most Somalis but it was, nonetheless, a calculated, deceitful, and deceptive act against the interest of Somali people. Those who closely followed the Mpaghati fiasco cannot easily overlook the humiliation of the Somali conference attendees, the rampant corruption and strong arm-twisting, and the manipulation of the process, rules, and procedures of the conference by IGAD members. With all its shortcomings, the Somali people accepted the outcome of the conference reluctantly hoping to regroup and regain their place in the world as a viable, free, and democratic nation in the near future.

Today, Somalis are waking up to a country that is more divided than ever and inching toward a new civil war, to a new dictator and tyrant with a bloody history, and to a larger and stronger neighbor who is determined to take control of their country and people. In order to legitimize the dictatorship of Col. Yusuf and the control of Somalia by the Wayanis of Addis, Mogadishu has become their punching bag and the last obstacle to their evil intentions. It is a fact that the Wayanis already control much of Somalia through their proxy Warlords but Mogadishu remains their biggest price and has been the most difficult to attain.

It is time all Somalis regardless of region, city, or clan to unite and face the possibilities of losing their freedom and country. In particular, the Mogadishu citizens should take the lead and fight against the negative bogus image presented by Ethiopia. It is never too late for one to reclaim their dignity and reputation. It is time for Mogadishu citizens and the rest of Somalis to speak out.

It is time Mogadishu to take its rightful place in Somalia as the capital city for all Somalis. It is time to point out the abundance of private schools, hospitals and universities in Mogadishu. It is time to remind the world how independent media such as radio, television, and newspapers is flourishing in Mogadishu. It is time to tell the world how business and commerce is thriving in Mogadishu. It is time to signify the real estate, small industry, and telecommunications boom in Mogadishu. It is time to tell the world that Mogadishu citizens are not criminals and terrorists but citizens like any another city struggling to better their city and people.

In order to face the formidable Ethiopian aggression of our country, I propose the following to the citizens of Mogadishu:

- To organize a major peaceful demonstration bringing all Mogadishu citizens to reclaim their city image and welcome the Speaker of the Parliament - how about calling it “The Million Mogadishu Citizens March†roughly translated to Somali “Isku soobaxa hal million oo qof oo reer Muqdisho ahâ€.

- To tell the world loudly and clearly that Mogadishu is not a city inhabited by criminals and terrorists as claimed by President Col. Yusuf and Meles Zenawi.

- To demand that Mogadishu leaders work toward lasting peace and local administration of the city and to support them wholeheartly with moral and material.

- To be vigilant and ready to replace the Mogadishu leaders if they fail to deliver their promises or fail to follow the leadership of Honorable Sharif Hassan Aden, the Speaker of the Parliament

- To lend a hand and support the Speaker and the members of the parliament who came to Mogadisho to save Somalia from extinction and to build democratic institutions from the ashes of the previous dictatorship.

- To appeal to all Somali sister cities to participate the “The Million Mogadishu Citizens March†event in their own ways.

- To plea directly to the United Nations, African Union, European Union , United States , and the Arab League to intervene and stop the arming of dictator and his warlords by the Ethiopian government and the illegal meddling of Somali affairs.

- To communicate to the International Community that Mogadishu is ready to host democratic Somali government but not dictatorship again and not for sure a surrogate government

- To repeat the “The Million Mogadishu Citizens March†once every month until there is no longer a threat from the Wayanis of Addis and their stooge.

The above actions should be the start of long struggle not less than the struggle for the Somali independence in importance and intensity. The struggle for Mogadishu is not to be taken lightly by Somalis regardless of political view, region, or clan affiliation. We should not get confused the long-term agenda of the Wayanis of Addis with the disagreements among the Somalis. It is worthwhile to be noted that even during the struggle of Somalia independence there were those Somalis that sided with the colonial powers and advocated the continuation of the colonization based on security and Somalis not being able to govern themselves. We can say that history is repeating itself too often in Somalia to the decrement of the Somali people. Somalia is at the verge of re-colonization and dictatorship once again.

by: H. Warsame

Is this another schmooze and nightly gossip of the mouthers of have-truths? Are the tramplers of the city hiding behind the mist of nationalism? Where are you going with this saaxiib?

Ethiopia is an opportunistic foe whose prey happens to be tantalizingly easy to kill. But hey it’s not wayaane who suffocated and sucked the oxygen out of that city! It’s not they who continue to milk south’s fertile land. And certainly they are not the ones who illegally occupy (I am hitting a raw nerve here) cities and properties (yes in o-gaden, but not in Mogadishu) in that beloved city. The irony is that significant number of the potential demonstrators resides in ill-gained shelters (public or private).

Tell me some thing positive saaxiib like; tobonaan kun baa guryihii xaaraanta ahaa iskaga baxay ama salaatul istighfaar bay tukadeen.

OLOL   

Xiin Faniin -- my man is noticeably an embittered chap. We should all have compassion for him. There are so many others like him who are inflicted with this kind of clannish resentment. unfortunately his ilk can’t differentiate what is constructive and what is not. let this be his venting place lest it may heal these deep frustrations and Psychological wounds. the somali civil war has all impacted us severly and it is goin to be quite painful recuperate its tragic anguish.

:D @deep frustrations and Psychological wounds.

Not at all saaxiib. A political reality that can’t be eclipsed with that cheap talk you spewed on us. I smell fish all around it. I really do!

OLOL   

How so? Mr. Xiin?

Mr. Xiin; let us not pander to personal attacks. It is always good to challenge each other intellectually. for my part, I do apologize for my patronizing harangue above but it was a reaction to your derisive bout. but, whatever grievances you may have, it is perilous and uncivilized to smear those who hold a different view than yours.

Actuality on the southern theater:

-Bravo, Marka, and Kismayo are illegally occupied cities by either Xamar warlords or their proxies.

-The followers of these warlords illegitimately occupy public and private properties in Xamar.

Imaginary tale:

-Xamar is defamed and intentionally singled out by bunch of clannish haters.

Real intention:

-To retain and keep the booty of civil war (Xamar included) and delay governance in the hope that the defeated lot would just vanish or give up (xalaaleysi).

Smokescreen:

-Ethiopia is coming.

Inevitability and political eventualities:

-Relinquish and surrender what does not belong to you (cities & properties) or die fighting for the loot.

Alternative:

-Real reconciliation, where land (cities) and property issues are adequately addressed and resolved (demos wont do it saaxiib).

OLOL   

To whom the warlords and their proxies should reliqnuish these so called dynamic cities and fertile lands? ( the kismayo, merka and brava of yester years are no more - if you haven't been there... ) There are those who will argue that these cities are in the hands of their rightful owners and some enterprising settlers who already brought more prosperity and opportunities.

Xiin, what is shocking though is your calling for another senseless civil war. This seems unconventional for a punch of spineless defeatists who can’t engage their adversaries in any confrontation whatsoever. So who is going to fight for such a lost cause? Qoti farmers? I am sure the opposing faction ( the so-called occupiers) will be sarcastic and ecstatic about your naïveté “Bring it onâ€! Yeey & Melez!!

Rokko   

Originally posted by OLOL:

These cities are in the hands of their rightful owners and
some enterprising settlers
who already brought more prosperity and opportunities.

lool. I like that. Very direct. :D

OLOL

You are a very funny, who are you trying to convince us or yourself,I suppose yourself.Now you are trying to tell us that the occupied lands and houses belong to the occupiers.Seeing the mentality of people like you gives me the sign that Somalia is gone forever unless there is a miracle send down from Allah.And I do eagerly await for that blessed day.

'More prosperity'.If you call rape,drugs and kids that only know the gun as a way of life prosperity then I truely would like to know your definition of a doomed life.

So who’s going to fight such a lost cause, you’ve asked? Not me and certainly not Puntlanders.

But here’s the old man’s disarming/winning strategy:

Contain the conflict in the south. How? Move the government some where in the south (Baydhabo or Jowhar). Then what? Call in foreign troops (sacrificial lambs for the cause you deemed it lost); secure the endorsement of the neighboring countries and dry up the logistical support of Xamar warlords; extend government authority to the north of the city (Xamar that is), as it is teaming with supporters of the Prime Minster (Geedi) and therefore address the concerns of those who insist this government be in it.

What about Kismayo and Marka? The sheer presence of the government in Baydhabo & Jowhar (North of Xamar) will sure beat the day light out of the settlers in those occupied lands. As for the actual fighting (if it comes to that), let the Sudanese and Ugandans do it(saaxiib reer magaal ma diriro ee waa loo dagaalamaa).

what about pseudo sheikhs and holy-worrier-want-to-bes, let Xiinfaniin show the holes of their argument and make them shiver in the nakedness (can’t fight for what’s not yours).

P.S; Sarcastic they may be, but the guilt of the wicked is still raw! and they're,well, just settlers.

OLOL   

even though this is no starter......and it is not good to scare people ...Yeey is an elderly feeble octogenarian (with transplanted expired liver and with some clannish hallucination.) He will soon give up the ghost and his days are numbered...man.... if he is all of your hope and deams .....then...your doom is so imminent...some have been inspired by this loonie! it may seem odd to some, but he is an idol to some. His clique (including you) is daydreaming of ridiculous conspiracies that hold no water.

the ones who woke up from that reverie are now deserting him in exile and in the wilderness of Nairobi/East Leigh and flocking back to Xamar Cadde - Morgan and Ina-Gabyoow's favorable reception and home coming would suffice to show how the fantasy is suddenly fading into nightmare.

We heard all the above farce. Come up with something ground-breaking.

No one can isolate Mogadishu and the primordial clan jesting schemes are...my friend...Completely obsolete... so before it is too late join your folks and come to your senses.

AU doesn't have the funding, ragtag, less skilled and starving Ugandans and Sudanese can't fight with fierce Somali forces.Distressing thing is there won't be no black hawk and copra birds to down.

Gabbal   

As for the actual fighting (if it comes to that), let the Sudanese and Ugandans do it(saaxiib reer magaal ma diriro ee waa loo dagaalamaa).

Reer Magaal hadaad tahay, you would have known that where Ugandan and Sudanese troops to be entertained in Somalia, then they would have their own mandate controlled by the international community independent of the whimsical wishes of the host nation and its ruling polity. ;)

Ogow adeer ( icon_razz.gif ) that they would be volunteered peace-keepers and not hired merceneries. icon_razz.gif

OLOL,

If you deemed the issues of Kismayo, Marka, and Bravo the tales of yesteryears and you depicted the tramplers and their vandalizing acts prosperity, you sure drawing a circle that can’t be squared. If you’re so convinced that the stance of Mogadishu warlords is for righteous and honorable cause you’ve indeed sunk your soul in the drainage’s ditch, saaxiib.

And unless you’re dwelling in the lower levels of this discussion, I can’t be possibly described as a clique of the old man. There’re (mind you) many active members in this forum who take pride in him and revere him. I, on the other hand, have passed beyond the politics of sheer personalities. Principles are the axes of my thinking, saaxiib. I looked at the issues and found that the heart of the southern problem lies in the matters of land and properties. Without a reasonable resolution to it, I’ve concluded, the south is forever doomed.

Now back to the politics of the old man. In a pure coincidence he happens to be on the right side of the fence in relative comparison with hoodlum gangs in Xamar. Xamar, I hear him say, is not suitable to be the seat of this government for security reasons. The government, he ads, can’t be a polite and behaving guest to the very capital it claims as its seat. Implicit in these statements, is a fundamental challenge to the notion of rewarding the illegal gains of the civil war. It’s a political stance that nulls the political capital built on the stinking loots of the war. It also, and rightly so, registers with my consciousness.

In that (the old mans political pronouncement) I’ve agreed with him (or he has agreed with me) as I’ve always held that Somalis have no significant (with exception of Somaliland) political quarrel. It’s all about the resource of the south. The politics of Xamar and its warlords is the stray pullet that killed many in far and near. The unguided missile, so to speak, that destroyed everything in its path. Someone in somewhere has to correct this. And it’s time to deal with this ramping ilk. Here I stand and can do no other (pardon the Christian expression) saaxiib.

Horn, I expect you more than mere dismissals. Throw at me something that’s worthy of a response.

OLOL   

Xiin, your whole comeback diatribe above is full of circular hollow interpretations and mystified self re-assurance with patterned lexis.

you have yet to come up with something original!

This whole victimization claim and finger-pointing fixture is just another smoke screen of your ilk , for an obvious clannish revulsion. It is so unpromising of a two-faced idealist like you!