Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Qabyaalad at Masaajid?

S halay (Khamiistii) oo aheyd maalin ciid ah oo dadka Muslimiinta ay meel kuwada dukanayeen ayaa waxaa ka dhacday dalka Kanada magaaladiisa Torono in ay laba meel ku kala dukadaan beelaha (qabiil) iyo (qabiil) tasoo loo aneynaayo qilaaf wiigagii ugu danbeeyey ka dhex jirey labada beel , kaasoo ku saabsan dhinaca Masaajidka ah ,qilaafka ayaa ka bilaawday Masjid siwada jir ah ay dhaqaalahiisa ay u wada bixin jireen Soomaalida oo idil taasoo keentay markii danbe in masjidka ay beelaha (qabiil) ay sheegtaan in ay ayaggu leeyhiin masjidka cidii wax ka aqrineyso ee beelaha kale ahna ay warqad ku soo qoraan waxa ay aqrinayaan kadibna nin iyaga ka mid ah uu jeedinaayo taasoo keentay in ay ka caroodaan culumadii kale oo aan ku beel aheyn iyaga ayadoona markii danbe keentay in qeybtii kale ay isaga hayaamaan majidka lacagna iska aruuriyaan si ay u sameystaan masjid kale .

Sii dhameystiro

A little background on what conspired Dayniile website to declare qabyaalad at the masaajidka Soomaalida in Toronto.

The first friction on that Soomaali masaajid broke a year and half ago. It wasn't qabiil, but the difference of religious doctrine. The difference was one group supported the right to have a political participation, particularly in Soomaaliya, including the possibility of arming to fight their cause; the other group stated being part of politics itself is sin enough. This ideological difference stems from Sacuudi sheekhs.

However the incident was Soomaalinized, for, coincidently or not, one individual, who was the founding members of the Masaajid, left or was "forced out," depending who you ask.

That individual belonged one clan, whereas those who remained, incidently, all happened to belong the other clan.

Soomaalis being Soomaalis and their love to "conspiracize" everything suddenly had 1+1=2 conclusion. The judgement was the guy was kicked because of his qabiil, because he was the only person who "diversified" the place to begin with and they got a chance to kick him out.

Then this Ramadaan another episode exacerbated the already heightened situation.

A famous Quraan teacher wanted his pupils--who used to lead sometimes tarawiix prayers before--to lead the tarawiix prayers this year as usual. He and his pupils were kindly asked to leave, immigrating to another masaajid. The Macalinka Quraanka, again coincidently or not, happened to belong the "other" tribe.

Skeptics had a field day and said it can't get more evident than this that qabyaalad is afoot.

Xoogsade   

lol, I wouldn't be surprised. I was in Nairobi in 1995 when consecutive lectures about "Jihad", prepared by two different Sheekhs who held different views about the commencement of Jihad was turned into tribal issue by the listeners. The lecture was about whether muslims should wait an "Imam" to start Jihad or appoint one/anyone among them anytime and can start "Jihad" that way. One sheekh was for waiting the return of "Imamah" while the other was "Any Imam, Any time, appointed by Muslims" will do.

Anyway, some supporters of the Jihad without "Imam" started accusing the sheekh who differed their views to be indifferent to their plight. Actually, one guy stood up while the sheekh he didn't like his opinion was lecturing and interrupted the lecture, called the sheekh ignorant when compared to the other Sheekh whom he supported his opinion.

Soomaalida qabiilka waa ilaahooda yar, Allaha weyna waa second. Qofkii ku dhaho warkaas ma jirana waa qof isaga dadka alla yaraha caabudo ka tirsan saaxib.

There were some other incidents about the leadership of the mosque itself. They removed the previous Imam from the leadership and a neutral young sheekh was elected to lead the prayer. Runta ilaahaa dadka ku jecel, Soomaali haddaan nahay, laba ilaahaan leennahay.

nuune   

ma ahan tani marki ugu horreeso ee qabyaalad wax ku saabsan ka dhacdo masjidyada.

Masjidkii caanka ahaa ee ku yaalo islii ee la yiraahdo 6ka ama 6 street ku yaalo wuu la kulmey waxyaalo sidaas oo kale ah walina ay hadda rabsho ku saabsan qabyaalad ay ka taagantahay.

Sababtana waa wax fudud, waayo hal qabiil ayaana ku faraxsaneyn maamulka uu Imaamul masjidka ama Sheikha ka hayyo masjidka 6ka, dhibaatada masjidkan ma billaaban hadda ee sanada ayey hadda socotaa, waxaan xasuustaa 2003/04 in uu ka dhacey dhibkii weynaa oon joogey aniga markaas, oo xattaa imaamka uu ka caroodey yirina "waan u deynayaa imaamnimada masjidka ee ha u imaadaan" balse dadkii reer nayroobi ahaa oo dhan ayaa ka wada xumaadey sheekha hadalkiisa marka dadkii baa taageeray, waxaa kaloo taageeray isu taga midowga muslimiinta ee Kenya oo iyagu aad uga danbeeyo Sheikha masjidka 6ka.

In case you are wondering who that Sheikh is, he is the Famous Caalim Sheikh Umal of masjidka 6sreet of Islii Nairobi

Salaan...

The situation became public tonight, no holds barred, when the local Toronto Soomaali radio, Codka Beesha, devoted to this sensitive issue.

Codka Beesha was interviewing one group's spokesperson about some future projects of opening a Soomaali school and what happened in this week's ciid. When the issue turned to ciid, the host had an opportunity to ask why were two places required for Salaada Ciida by Soomaalis, and also if it was qabiil-related.

The spokesperson downplayed it, saying something to likes of: "Fitnada waxaa wado nin ajnabi eh oo Soomaalida isku diraayo, meeshaas Ciida kalena Soomaalida iskugu yeeray."

Immediately, a senior member of other group listening the show called the radio station, on the open air, challenging that allegation and saying, (and it is a paraphrase): "Wax ajnabi la yiraahdo ma jirto, masaajidkaas Soomaalidana maamulxumo ayaa loogu soo cararay, mida ugu danbeysidna ahayd macalinka Toronto laga yaqaano dhan oo caruurta Quraanka u dhigo laga soo erye."

The caller also mentioned the initial rift that caused all of this: Allowing some political Canadian members to campaign on masaajidka property (which they used to ban), breaking a mutual code on the masaajid's bylaws. He also mentioned if the "gaalo" campaigners can be allowed, why didn't the provincial and munipical candidates, who happened to be Muslims, were refused to campaign there in the first place.

One thing they both agreed was the issue was not qabiil-related, which the host wanted to know repeatedly, I was told.

The host privately asked both sides to come back on next weekend haduu Eebbe idmo since waqtigii ka dhamaaday. And they accepted.

Next weekend ayaa la isa sugoyaa.

Xoogsade   

nuune, I had no idea there were still on-going problems with the mosque leadership after I left there in the late 1990s. Some of the charges brought against the previous Imam whom they wanted removed was about financial mismanagement, how much money he was earning as a salary and that he was a business man. The accusers seemed to belong to one tribe whereas the Imam hailed from another, and soon, before we knew it, it was a battle between two tribes lol.

Sheekh Umal waaba one of the best wadaads I have seen goormaa isagana ladaba dhigtay? The two Sheekhs I was talking about were him and Sheekh Cukaashe. They were friends last time I knew and still hear they remain so.

nuune   

Sheekh Umal waaba one of the best wadaads I have seen goormaa isagana ladaba dhigtay?

Xoogsade, sxb wixii best ahba yaa u ogol in uu xil hayyo, soomaali hadaan nahay waxba iskuma ogolin, I met Sheikh Umal many times in nairobi and he brought me to his home as well, he is great friend once you get to know him well, his other side apart from Sheikhnimo, he is funny wallaahi, maybe u noticed that in his khudbado and wacdiyada uu akhriyo ama kutubta.

One thing they both agreed was the issue was not qabiil-related, which the host wanted to know repeatedly, I was told.

MMA, good news that it turned out to be non-qabiil issue, but update us about their second meeting

Xargaga   

Its really sad to see that tribalism has overcome Islam within the Somalis.Especially in diaspora where need for religious values is the most important tool for sustaining of our identity and existance. In addition to those many mentioned incidence,I heard that there was one that happened in MN at a somali Mall whereby One Clan claimed that the mall belongs to them and the religious activities at the mall(The Mosque Wthin the Mall) should be led by none other than of their own.Eventually the Religious Leader OF Clan X was told to Park and Leave.

Ill not be specific which Mall In particular but Its one of the two largest Somali Malls in Minneapolis

Salaan...

Nuune, Sheekh Umal was here this past summer (June-July) as was in 2004, coming for the annual Soomaali Islamic Conference at summerka. Tii ka dhacday Eebbe ayaa ogaa.

His staying in the city coincided at the same time qaraxyadii London ka dhacay. One of his last days, in a private meeting at a masaajidka Soomaalida, he was asked what was his personal opinion of qaraxyada Muslimiinta is biimeeyaan in general, regarding to Islaam.

Sheekha refused to express his own opinion, but directed those seeking an honest answer to scholarly sheekhs' works, which happened to be in two disputing groups. He equally explained each group's reasoning and unreasoning (he later told us), but still refused to express his own opinion, or which group he leaned.

The meeting was intended to be private, with some invited guests at a dinner; however, his answer was misinterpreted to mean he advocated qaraxyada la is biimeeyo. The misinterpreted version reached other senior sheekhs at the masaajid, who, without prior knowledge, condemned it. The next day the rumours reached him, and was equally mad.

The next night was his farewell khudba. (Which was devoted about qabyaalada and the importance of brotherhood, and why we destroyed our nation because of this sickness, incurable qabyaalad that even wadaada couldn't escape from. I could sense Umal too realized and knew qabyaalada reached wadaada because that was the first khudba aan waligeey arkay devoted wholly to qabyaalad issue.)

After the khudbada, in a visible dissatisfaction tone of the innuendo, he narrated what happened the night before that was supposed to be private and how his answer was ominously misinterpreted liberally. He reiterated--bringing a book, including, that was devoted to the issue--mab'dayada ee qabaan the two groups in Islaam, mentioning some famous sheekhs in both groups--and still refused to slip in his own opinion.

Sheekh Cukaash too was here this past summer, invited by the other group, who had their summer gathering as well. I don't know if Sheekh Cukaash or Sheekh Umal is qilaafsan yihiin since both live in Neyroobi, laakiin the invitation of Cukaash by the other group says something.

Eebboow noo gargaar. Aaniga gaar ahaan marhore ayaan ka quursaday reer Surwaalgaab. Dadkii islahaa dadkaan ayaa Soomaali samatabixin u eh, ha arkaan.

By the way, Nuune, runtaada waaye, I personally like Sheekh Umal's khudbooyin, because Soomaaligiis is unique, even reminding me some words I long forgotten. He also adds in his khudbooyin some interesting and amusing stories, a rare breed considering other sheekhyo whose khudbooyin are strictly constructive.

Khayr   

^^^

Is one of the nairobi sheeks young looking?

Saaxib, maa sheek shareef baa laaga saarey

masjidka :confused:

SOL's NUR war aa lagaa duuno!!!

Rahima   

You would think that Islam would be safe from such garbage; alas these people have no boundaries.

I’m pretty certain that each group has it’s sincere Muslims but are unfortunately been ruined by the wicked amongst us- even so-called wadaado (and believe you me we Somalis everywhere have many of them).

As for the two scholars, Sheekh Umal and Sheekh Cukaasha, they are brothers in Islam (including same manhaj and caqiidah mind you) first and foremost, but also friends. People can disagree on a matter and remain friends, it just so happens with Somalis though that if these two individuals are from two different qabiils, it will be misconstrued and misused to create disunity. What these people fail to comprehend in their sick minds is that the true Muslims are a one brotherhood protected by the Almighty.

Inshallah both these scholars will be coming to visit us in Australia early next year- and are invited by the same group of Somalis.

Jacpher   

Originally posted by
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Eebboow noo gargaar. Aaniga gaar ahaan marhore ayaan ka quursaday reer Surwaalgaab. Dadkii islahaa dadkaan ayaa Soomaali samatabixin u eh, ha arkaan.

Hadaad mar hore ka quusatay why bring up all these? Do you get a kick out of digging their dirt? Wiiloow warkaaga wuu wanaagsanaa intii hore balse your last comment tells me something else. I was under the impression you were trying to help find a solution to these problems.

I think qabiil plays little or no role in these conflicts. The problems with some of the people who manage the mosques are arrogance and ignorance. It seems these guys were never taught of AKHLAAQ of DAACI and they lack the skills to be the head of mosque/madrassa. Their knowledge of Islam is more than the average person and yet they are at times after power and fame. In almost all the cases, their personal interest comes before that of the community and the mosque. Some of these guys publicly claim to be part of some Muslim ‘group’ sects but you never see a Sheikh making such claims. I have been to Khalid Mosque years ago when it was under construction and sheikh Bashir Shiil remains to be one of my favorite Somali sheikhs. Whatever is going on there, I’m praying that Allah reward their effort and forgive their wrongdoings. At least they’re trying to benefit us and we, the public don’t need to alienate them further into groups but work on the solution.

We Somalis like to disagree and cause division in the community. I don’t know why but it seems as if it is in our gene. If two friends disagree, it’ll result in disrespect and fight and then a third person will translate it to some type of qabiil conflict. This happens in almost every place Somalis live. Qabiil is the only card we can play and play it well. It’s the only tool available to us that enables us to win.

A while ago, I was invited to partake a project at a mosque and was glad for the invitation. I knew this was not a new project and asked what happened to brother that was running it. I was told that he’s no longer in the administration. That respond gave me a hint something is wrong. I went and spoke with the brother who’s being replaced. He expressed dissatisfaction that few brothers were rooting him out and asked to resign. He said he was good at it and volunteering his time. I confronted the brother who invited me and told him that the other brother is much qualified and more knowledgeable to the project than I am. He tried to persuade me but he didn’t’ succeed. I advised him the interest of the mosque rests what’s good for the project and not few individuals. We exchanged heated words and I declined the offer. To this day, we call each other and pray together at the mosque. Disagreement should not mean division. Though I don't regret my decision, I sometimes feel I should have joined them and later resign in protest but that would not benefit the mosque or the community.

STOIC   

Boy do i long for those days when we used to pray in any masajid without caring what sect or tribe the Imam belonged.I remember praying in eight street, section three and Jamia mosque in Nairobi .We have never been inured to secretarian Islam till the sweat of my brothers in Islam from Saudi and Somalia satiated us with their secretarian idealogy.

^^

Salaam,

People should realise that, anyone who believes Allah (SWT), and the judgment day need not bring arguments or even raise his voice and talk about worldly things in the mosque let alone start to sparate and divide Muslims into tribes and sects.

رَوَى الضَّحَّاك عَنْ اÙبْن عَبَّاس عَنْ النَّبÙيّ صَلَّى اللَّه عَلَيْه٠وَسَلَّمَ : كَانَ Ø¥Ùذَا دَخَلَ الْمَسْجÙد قَدَّمَ رÙجْله الْيÙمْنَى . وَقَالَ : [ وَأَنَّ الْمَسَاجÙد Ù„Ùلَّه٠Ùَلَا تَدْعÙوا مَعَ اللَّه أَحَدًا اللَّهÙمَّ أَنَا عَبْدك وَزَائÙرك وَعَلَى ÙƒÙلّ مَزÙور حَقّ وَأَنْتَ خَيْر مَزÙور ÙَأَسْأَلÙÙƒ بÙرَحْمَتÙÙƒ أَنْ تَÙÙكّ رَقَبَتÙÙŠ Ù…Ùنْ النَّار ] ÙÙŽØ¥Ùذَا خَرَجَ Ù…Ùنْ الْمَسْجÙد قَدَّمَ رÙجْله الْيÙسْرَى ; وَقَالَ : [ اللَّهÙمَّ صÙبَّ عَلَيَّ الْخَيْر صَبًّا وَلَا تَنْزÙع عَنّÙÙŠ صَالÙØ­ مَا أَعْطَيْتنÙÙŠ أَبَدًا وَلَا تَجْعَل مَعÙيشَتÙÙŠ كَدًّا , وَاجْعَلْ Ù„ÙÙŠ ÙÙÙŠ الْأَرْض جَدًّا ] أَيْ غÙنًى .

72:18 "And the places of worship are for Allah (alone): So invoke not any one along with Allah.

Waxaan noqay kaalay ila muran inaadeerkaana so kaxayso oo kalay muranee.

this is not a only disgrace but We can have a great punishment from Allah(sw)as a community as a whole... and muslims shouldn't use mosques as a place of arguments and divisions like a teashop. we can end up like the old communities the Qu'raan has told us about them, who earned and endedup by the wrath and curse of of Allah just by been arrogant.