Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Nomads: Don't Forget to Fast on Aashuraa

Blessed   

Assalamu Alaikum, just a reminder that.. the day of 'Ashoura has come upon us once again. Giving us ample opportunity to fast and work for rewards and insha Allah increase our reltionship with Allah.

`Aashuraa' is the tenth day of the month of Muharram, fasting is recommended on

this day. The tenth of Muharram will be Saturday the 19th of February 2005. It is recommended fasting on the 9th and 10th Muharram or the 10th and 11th Muharram; Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.

Ibn Abbas reported: "The Prophet came to Madinah and found the Jews fasting the day of Ashura. He asked them: "Why are you fasting this day?" They said: "This is a great day. Allah saved Moosa (Moses) and the tribes of Israel from their

enemies on this day and therefore Moosa fasted on it. "The Prophet said: "We have more of a right to Moosa than you ." So he fasted on that day also and ordered the people to fast on that day." [al-Bukhari and Muslim].

When the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa salam, fasted the day of Ashura, the people told him that this day is a day that Jews and Christians honor. The Prophet said: "When the following year comes, Allah willing, we shall fast both

the ninth and the tenth day of Muharram (that is to be different from the Jews and the Christians.)" The Prophet, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, died before the following year."[Muslim]

Abu Hurairah reported: "I asked the Prophet: "Which prayer is best after the obligatory prayers?" He said: "Prayer during the middle of the night." I asked: "Which fast is best after the fast of Ramadhan?" He said:

"Fasting during the month of Muharram." [Muslim].

10th of Muharram is also said to be the day Noah's Ark came to rest. The day the Prophet Abraham (as) was born and the ka'ba built.

NB; Those of you that do fast, remember me in your prayers smile.gif

ameenah

jizaakumulaahu qaayaran big thanks to you.

I always got covused the islamic clander and the westren clander. thanks since you made very clear 02/19/05 February and so on.

Blessed   

Salaams

Waa iyaakum and your welcome smile.gif

Warrior, Thanks for the link hon, the part on the misunderstandings is particulaly useful... and you for the duca Mr Rendezvous.

Wiil Duco,

I've had the same problem.. till I just couldn't takeit no more!

I usually pick a calendar from my masjid.. but I've also got this really cool calendar software on my computer. Not only does it tell you the date, it also highlights significant dates and lets you go back in time to find out what the hijri date was on your b-day or any other date.

And, mansha Allah it’s free. There's someother cool sw freebies - so check em out!

smile.gif

You can down load it from http://www.divineislam.co.uk/DivineIslam/Software/

Click on the Hijri calendar.

I've had the same problem.. till I just couldn't takeit no more!

And, mansha Allah it’s free. There's someother cool sw freebies - so check em out!

Ameenah

Qabrigaaga waa in aan siyaartaa :D that is very nice of you. indeed it is wonderful web....

Again I thank you very much.