Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Bosaso Furious At BBC

In the last couple of months, muslim spiritual leaders known as wadads have raised $100.000s of dollars in the Mosques of Bosaso. The amount of money is very high and Somalis are known to be quick with the tongue. So it wasn't a surprise when some men were suggesting that the wadads were to take the money into their pockets.

It has escalated to a full war where the wadads whom are local Puntlanders are accused of being Xabashi and/or raising money for terrorist activities for the infamous Hasan Al Turki (Al Islah), one of Somalia's most wanted terrorists by the US along with Hasan Dahir Aweys (Al Itihad). These terrorists have had a bad experience in Bosaso, where they were humiliated and crushed by Col Abdulahi Yusuf's forces when they tried to impose a Taliban-like regime in Puntland and Somalia in general.

Now these wadads have raised all this money in Bosaso, because the Rer Bosasod have faith in them in name of Islam. The money is meant for East Africa University to expand and modernize and it was an event among the Puntlanders.

As a result there's a full-blown war betweenAllPuntland and Puntlandpost , two shabakads whom never liked each other anyway. The Rer Bosasod are angry at the BBC Lanta Af Somaliga and are demanding that the report will be rectified, because one city having raised $100.000s of dollars is something to be proud of, it has shown that the Somalis are coming back to normal. The Salafi wadads have shown amazing commitment to the development of Somalia and their Salafiyin community in Bosaso can be proud as well.

Journalism is not used properly by Somalis!!!!

bos1.jpg

UN representative for Somalia, Maxwell Gaylard and Sofiha chairman at Sofiha office, a Puntland organisation that trains student journalists.

bos2.jpg

Student Journalists trained by Sofiha.

bos3.jpg

BBC crew that were present with Bob Geldof in Bosaso touring through the Bosaso neighbourhoods and see the daily life of Somalis.

bos4.jpg

In sarta nabada in Bosaso

opening.jpg

President of Puntland, Abdulahi Yusuf Ahmed at ceremonial opening of Sofiha office years and years ago.

Rahima   

^ excuse me for my ignorance and lack of understanding brother, but are these two men terrorists? If you consider them to be as such, then how come you support money being collected for their cause?

I’m absolutely sure it is a misunderstanding on my part smile.gif , but please explain it to me.

When did I say I supported the money collected for their cause. The lies were that they were raised for those two terrorists, whom wreck tribal havoc in the banners of Islam. The money is going to East Africa University in Bosaso and Galkayo.

Rahima   

^ So, you don't support the money collection (like i said, i was sure i misunderstood, the post just wasn't very clear), but you maintain that these two men are terrorists nonetheless?

So how are the qaad plantations of Perth :D - i hear that the Somalis over there are very fond of sneaking into the backyards of their neighbours for a helping- at least that's what they say in Melbourne and Sydney :Dicon_razz.gif

BN   
I am at a loss; perhaps you can post links of the articles from allpuntland and puntlandpost.

Bari Nomad:

and BBC Somali, but it's audio.

AllPuntland

Boosaaso: Lacag Koox Culimo Ah ka Uruurinayso Boosaaso oo Shaki ka Taagan yahay

PuntlandPost

Beenin qoraal ay qortay Shabakada Wararka ee Allpuntland.com

Rahima:

My dear, these two men have nothing to do with the fundraising. There were suspicions that the money would go to them without the Rer Bosasod knowing it. But fortunately that's not true and it goes straightly to Bosaso's University EAU and it's expanding faculties in Galkayo.

loooool what are you saying about us! Well, Somalis here eat a lot of qaad compared to the rest of Ozzie, I must admit. But I don't know, maybe it has got to something to do with the fact that there's only water between Perth and my homeland Somalia. So things can get smuggled in easily.

I pity you guys in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney. We Somalis in Perth are reminded of our beautiful Somalia every single day by the African like environment here. They trees and everything look just like that of Somalia, we even have acacia trees. Only down side is I don't get to meet many Somalis I can disagree on things, since virtually everbody here's from Puntland.

I have a question; Do you study in LaTrobe University?

I wonder if they are collecting the money in a professional way. $100,000s is a big junk to be messing around with. If they are being professional and keeping records and documents of the money coming in and out, why don't they hire an independant auditor or something? These are just hypotheticals as there is not enough information for us to be coming to the wrong conclusions.

Personally, I would not be entrusting alot of money to an organization/mosque that is not dealing in a "professional" manner. Just cause I'd like to know where my money is going.

Rahima   

Nationalist,

But I don't know, maybe it has got to something to do with the fact that there's only water between Perth and my homeland Somalia. So things can get smuggled in easily.

No I think it has more to do with the fact that more and more folks (namely young single men) from Sydney are moving to Perth for the free qaad ;) .

I pity you guys in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney. We Somalis in Perth are reminded of our beautiful Somalia every single day by the African like environment here. They trees and everything look just like that of Somalia, we even have acacia trees.

Oh please, I’ve heard all about Perth :D . I have two friends, one who originally moved from Melbourne, who have both come to Melbourne, complaining about Perth. They say, the heat is unbearable, here at least, if you don’t particularly like the weather, just wait 10 min and it is sure to change :D . They say that Melbourne has four seasons in one day ;) .

Only down side is I don't get to meet many Somalis I can disagree on things, since virtually everbody here's from Puntland.

Come to Melbourne, you have almost every group you can think of smile.gif . We even have Somalilanders, although small in number, nonetheless even their voice is heard.

I have a question; Do you study in LaTrobe University?

No, but why do you ask smile.gif ?