Sign in to follow this  
BN

Supporters of New President Arrested in Borama

nationalist, i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say. i was merely implying the article posted by truthful shows that the people of adwal hate the ideas that are being 'forced' upon them by cabdilaahi yusuf and his militia. now the fact they have never met him has nothing to do with anything at all because i myself hate george w bush and the ground that man walks on but i have never seen him, never met him and never wish to do so. i hate what bush is doing in iraq and all over the world and justifies my hatred for him. now i am not comparing cabdilaahi yusuf to bush for a second i am just trying to show that you dont need to meet someone to hate them and their ideas.

ORGILAQE, i see what you trying to say but even that wouldnt work. lets take somaliland for a example. there are about three major clans that occupy territories within somaliland. now i dont know for sure but i am pretty they are no too pleased with having a member of another clan leading 'the state' they are living in. i believe even those three major clans withing somaliland should have the chance to rule themselves. eventhough somaliland at the moment seems to be the most peaceful place within the former demcoratic republic of somalia, i dont think every clan is completely happy with the idea and problems could arise in the future.and as we already know some problems have already arisen in the eastern parts of somaliland and already people have been killed and captured becuase of this. now this sort of thing will never stop until the somali people realise that the idea of a greater somalia or somaliland for that matter wil never work.

What would you rather have Dharbaxo 40 little tiny nations instead of Somalia?.What good will that do and how sustainable are they going to be?.At least with this system in place we have an option which is let's take it and then mould it into something we are all happy with.Running away doesnt solve anything.That is the coward's way out.The brave thing is to takle the problem head on and solve it via peaceful negotiations.Even the clans within somaliland should be able to solve their issues within this framework.Bottom up is the only way.No one should impose un to others their system.Not happy with it?. do something about it without destroying the common goal of the greater Nation.Together we have a stronger ability economy wise,politicaly etc.Imagine 40 little states all along tribal borders.Imagine Awdal as a Nation how big an economy will it have and how serious will it be taken in the international stage.The same can be said to every division till you reach the One Somalia.That is where we can thrive.Think bro THINK THINK.Dont let emotions rule you on this issue you need to look at it objectively

ogrigale,i agree with some of the things you have just said but i feel that even with this new federal system a lot of anger and hatred will start to build towards who-ever leads the country and a lot of people will feel misrepresented or not represented at all. now i know that they have tried to iron this problem in the last coneference and they made good stead but i feel they haven't really solved the problem completelty.

what i suggest is for there to be a democratic referendum to be done on whether the somali people agree with this new federal system or not. the system shouldnt be imposed on the somali people just because the warlords have agreed that they think this is the best system for the country that should be up to the somali people.

Dharbaaxo the federal system was agreed via the only form of referendum tat we could possibley have at this point in our hisetory with the participation of our elders and i do mean ALL the ELDERS.We cant hold a referendum now due to logistical and financial reasons.Are you saying that because we cant hold a referendum we shoudnt have a government? because that is what is going to happen.Are you saying that just because you are not a mechanic you shouldnt use your jumpstart leads to kickstart your car after it stalls in the middle of nowhere?.That is what i read into your statement and I dont agree with it.Rome was not built in DAY and yes there are a lot of things that need to be sorted before we can claim our system is perfect but in order to get there we need to take this imperfect system as you put it and finetune it into a perfection itself.it wont happen if you stay in the sidelines

it needs each and everyone of us to take part and help mould it into perfection so bro I do like your arguments and they make sense but whatever view we each hold and i am glad we have different views because the day we are all of the same view that is the day of our downfall however whatever happens let us become each others right hand and left hand front guard and back flank guard.Let us argue until we get it right not with guns not by bloodshed but by peaceful means.This warlords messed up our country let us use them to get what we want out of them then retire them!!.We can then have something in place to inherit or maybe our children can inherit.Destruction never leaves anything for our children to inherit only progression and that can only be achieved if we do the hard work now so our children can rest later.