Sign in to follow this  
BN

Supporters of New President Arrested in Borama

BN   

BOLIISKA BOORAME OO XABSIGA U TAXAABAY DAD KASOO HORJEESTAY MAAMULKA DAAHIR RIYAALE

Dad careysan oo ku dhawaaqayay ha dhaco Daahir Riyaale iyo maamulkiisa iyo ha noolaado Madaxweyne C/laahi Yuusuf ayaa saakay lagu xer xeray xabsiga deegaanka boorame ee Somaliland.

Dadkan la xer xeray oo u badnaa dharinyaro ayay wararku sheegayaan in banaanbaxaasi ay sameeyeen uu yimid kadib markii uu gubtay kaalin shidaal oo ku yaal magaalada Boorame gudaheeda, kadibna aan la helin wax damiya taasoo ka careysiisay dhalinyaradaa.

Boliiska Boorame ayaa isagu sheegay in xabsiga loo taxaabay 14 dhalinyaro ah oo ay sheegeen iney yihiin kuwo ka soo horjeeda jiritaanka Somaliland wax ay ugu yeereen.

Cali Muxiyaddiin Cal alisomali@hotmail.com

Midnimo Information Center

Xafiiska Midnimo ee Muqdisho wararka@midnimo.com

BBC Laanta Soomaaliga also covers this incident starting around 11:50 minutes into the report.

"Goobjoogyaasha qarkood ay ii sheegay inay maqlayeen "Riyaale ha dhaco, Cabdullahi Yusuf ha noolaado..."

-Axmed Siciid Cige

BN   

This government always seem to start conflict in Sool whenever there is unrest on the homefront.

And if Somali warlords can be reconciled, why not a people who share so much in common? I am very hopeful that we will be able to bring all on board and unite out nation.

n00bie   

It's not the first time this happened. When the Arta conference was going on, many pro Somalia demonstrations were held in Borama. The biggest of them was by the students of Sh. Ali Jawhar Secondary School. We were burning the S/Land flag and singing the Somali national anthem. Thats when S/Land troops were sent from Hargeisa (only 3 hours away). Many of us got arrested and were sent to the central prison in borame. We were there for a couple of days. We held another demonstrations when Igal (alle ha unaxariistee) was visiting borame.

When the Arta conference was over and everything was calm, S/Land troops were again sent from hargeisa. They captured over 150 dhalinyaro and sent them to the infamous madheera prison. They were held there for six months. Many of my friends were among the captured. They were beaten every morning for the first couple of months. Many of them came back to borame with TB. Luckily, I was in Mogadishu when most of this was going on.

Xoogsade   

Noobie, That was something! Stories like yours make me question the value to being a Somali ethnically if it doesn't translate into feelings of belonging to one another. Makes you wonder if what we had been taught about Somali history was actually a false concoction of ideologies that held no truth in them. Or the Somalis of Late are very CORRUPTED that they have no resemblance to their predecessors??. I like to think the latter and corruption in their hearts made them seem too alien in comparison to their forefathers who fought for the collective Somali good wherever they lived in Somalia proper in the early days(or so as I had been told). Somalis confused me.

BN   
Noobi,That puts a very good perspective on things. In 2000, after the government was formed in Arta, there were demonstrations and arrests in the northeast as well. It seems Somali governments share a collective disdain for public shows discourse among populous. Sad really.

Rahima   

This is just sad.

I remember being told of an incident (back when Cabdiqaasim was elected) where young Somalis were arrested for adoring t-shirts with the Somali flag.

I was flabbergasted to say the least, here in Australia i can walk around with such clothing with no hassles, but could expect problems on Somali soil. The world seems upside down.

Just a disclaimer though, this I don’t believe reflects the views of our brothers in the North so let’s not turn this into a SL bashing session. I can imagine the same happening in PL or the south if a SL walked around with a SL flag. We are all the same; we have our sick and good citizens.

truthful   

I suggest you all read this and stop believing the propaganda

Hashim Goth, ANN Staff Reporter

BORAMA, 31 Oct. 2004—The people of Borama today came out in a big demonstration against the aggression of Abdillahi Yusuf’s militia on Somaliland and expressed their full support for Somaliland government’s position.

Carrying placards and pictures, the people shouted slogans such “down with the warlord Abdillahi Yusuf and the world should know the lies of the BBCâ€. People of Borama were angered by a report of the BBC, claiming that some Borama people have shown Anti-Riyale sentiment and support for Abdillahi Yusuf in a recent skirmish between the police and some youth.

Sultan Suleiman Ali, one of the elders who spoke to the demonstrators who gathered at the Khairiya square, expressed the people’s support for the government.

Chief Hassan Dahir Haddi denied the report of the BBC, calling it a fabrication which based on innuendoes taken from vagabonds and drunkards.

All speakers one after the other expressed their unconditional support for the government both morally and materially.

The people of Borama followed the developments in the war zone with great interest through the Radio and Internet news sites.

LANDER   

Truthfull,

It’s called wishful thinking by these people whom are well rehearsed in the misinformation techniques of abo-Siyaad. How sad these little attempts of divide and conquer make them look is of no consequence to them. Guess it is true what the latin say: "No one ever lost his honor, except he who had it not."

Rahima   

To quote my good friend HA smile.gif

I guess it is that time again Just warning you nomads to get prepared.

We thank-you for the warning :D

people's ignorance these days has no bounds. when are the somali people ever going to realize that they cannot reconcile with eachother and should not waste their breath trying to show people otherwise. take for example this two dimensional vieuw that is being created by people on this thread. one group is saying that people living in adwal are proclaiming their support for the newly elected president of the democratic republic of somalia and the other group are ridiculing that by posting an article showing how much people in awdal detest cabdulaahi yusuf and his pro-somalia militia. now they cant both be right can they. of course not. this is one of many examples that shows the fact that the somali people will never be able to reconcile with each other.

i know that most people on this forum proclaims that they all support the new president but we all know that is anything but the truth. only some people of cabdulaahi yusuf's clan want him as the president and lead somalia everyone else would jump at the chance of seing him replaced with someone of their own clan. whether that person is capable of doing the job at hand does not matter to them only that he is from their clan matters.

is their a solution? to this i dont think so. i believe that every clan should have the right to rule itself and not have to listen to no 'president' of any kind. with this i mean somalia and somaliand should be split up between the major somali clans(and we all know who they are) and let these clans rule themselves and no-one else . this i belive would stop this idiocricy that has destroyed this country

Why on earth would Awdal detest Abdullahi Yusuf? He probably never met an Awdalian for God sake, nor did he ever set a foot in Awdal!

How can one detest somebody who has got nothing to do with you?

Dharbaaxo Jin you forget that the mechanism for each clan to rule itself is already in place in the federal charter and all it needs is to implement it.This will be through the states that are either in place such as Somaliland and Puntland and other states that are now forming under the clan borders such as Jubaalaand and Midland Banaadir and Hiiraan.This should be the case. The President's job is at the federal level where each state sends it' representatives and there argue for an overall federal needs.He is responsible for overal representation of Somalia to the international community is responsible for the defence of our borders not i might add the local defence as this is the jobs of the presidents of the states.He cannot interfere with the local representations cannot appoint the state presidents only the local people can.Local police and courts come under the local states denying the federal government of opportunity to simply ask a court in a town somehere in the country to lock someone up.Why because the judges are appointed locally with the approval of the local people who will be paying his salary.He has to abide by the consitution of the country but so does the federal goverment.The local state presidents have to stand up for the people of the state as they are the ones who can either keep them in power or simply kick them out.As i said the mechanisms are already in place they simply need to be implemented.The baaa haaa of the media cloud the facts.The warmongers do not want the people to know least they accept and they do not get a lions share .We are pawns and we need to read up on the charter to know what is our rights.Local states will be able to address local problems on their own without the need for authority of the federal state such as change the law to meet the demands of the local state.An emergency taking place in Banaadir eg with regards to bandits night not be the case for say puntland or somaliland and that state(banaadir)can then make the necesaary changes to address that emergency.Another example is that the armed forces apart from the disaming process will not interfer with local security.This will come under local state National Gurd type forces under the command of the state president and only ordered by the state presidents unless the country is attacked by outside enemy at which point we are all at war.This is to deter the Federal government yet another power base to subjugate the local people as the last regime of Barre did all over the country.Read the charter Brother