Sign in to follow this  
Xarago

Somalia: After the luxury comes the hard work for new president

At least you answered one question! “The opposition by manyâ€, now tell me who are these ‘many’ and how did you quantify this number? I too can pull a number out of thin air but I won’t do that because it is dishonest and misleading. As far as I can tell the majority of the players in Somali politics were involved in this match and so they cant protest the results once they have agreed to the rules of the game at the beginning. So my question of these ‘many’ still stands.

“It is only a matter of time before it will be proven that he is on a warpath with the veryones who elcted him.â€

Since it is ‘a matter of time’, why don’t you give this government that time and let it fail and then say I told you so? So until your predication comes true I say, stand aside and let this government take its best shot at the problem facing Somalia, rather than just criticising (which is easy to do and anyone can do it!) and spreading propaganda here. If you believe in what you are telling us, you don’t have to wait long to gloat, so be a little bit patient! That is only fair (don’t you think?) for the sake of the poor Somalis who need this government most, unlike the majority of SOL members!

JustCause-People here are confused about us since having the same avator.Maybe one of us should pick something different....lol

Smith-So she just doesn't like the south being on its agian. I doubt that.

Xarago   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

She is against the idea of Somalia, because that would endanger her narrow clan beliefs.

Have you ever heard , 'it takes one to recognise the other'.

Since it is ‘a matter of time’, why don’t you give this government that time and let it fail and then say I told you so? So until your predication comes true I say, stand aside and let this government take its best shot at the problem facing Somalia, rather than just criticising

It is like saying 2+2= 5, while it is four and saying wait it will get to five. the fact is two years of trying to find a solution for Somalia has gone down the drain. Simple as that.

It is like saying 2+2= 5, while it is four and saying wait it will get to five. the fact is two years of trying to find a solution for Somalia has gone down the drain. Simple as that.

Is that a fact, or what you want to believe??

Dear, this government is only two weeks old, why jump the gun if its not out clan hatred. Why make so much fuss if its not out of fear for the existance of the phantom state.

Xarago, I supported Arta, as much as I support this initiave, because there is no alternative than to try and make things work.

Xarago, 2+2 will never equal to 5 and that is because this is ‘absolute’ knowledge and only a fool would wait for that day! On the other hand, what you are telling us here at best is an educated guess and at worst, your views are influenced (and blinded) by the hate you have for AY. So find a better analogy!

Now it all boils down to this simple equation, how certain are you in what you are telling us? Don’t just quote me numbers here but please base your numbers on something solid! Furthermore, even if you are 95% certain, then why don’t you give this government a chance for the sake of the poor, since even 1% chance is better than nothing which is what we have now?

“Simple as that.†Nothing is simple in this world and especially Somali politics and problems.

OG_Girl   

Ooo eedo xarago is back :cool: .

I thought you got heart attack eedo when you heard A/Y won the election.... any ways welcome back :D:D .

Salam

smithy dreaming is aigt as long u dont carry it to the real world, namean!

u is basically drunk with the euforia of your warlord being appted! but nothing more! and we all know that you support him not cuz u agree with ideas but simply cuz hes you clan!! right!

i rest my case!!

Som@li   

i came across an article on Jamhuuriya, i don't know who wrote it, maybe one of the editors, but if u read the article,u will see how pple like Xarago think, they are scared and don't want somalia ever to be stable, all they want is somalia to be in anarchy hoping that they may get recognition. redface.gif

WORLD LISTENS AND REWARDS MASS MUDERERS AND WARLORDS

We are delighted to welcome Mr mullin, Minister from British government and his delegation to Somaliland. It is good that you are here and we hope that you will enjoy your visit to our country.

We are pleased to be able to show you the progress that the people of Somaliland have made in organising our own affairs and the democratic institutions that we have nurtured. It is our fervent wish that you will observe the contrast between our development and the mess that is Somalia.

While we have achieved peace, stability and democracy, Somalia has degenerated into anarchy. The political process in Somalia is deeply flawed. The simple truth is that Somalia is not having a civil war. What is happening in that country is simply criminality. Different groups of criminals rape, loot and murder with impunity. They have no political differences to resolve. They are intent only on gaining power and profit. No peace conference can solve this. There have already been thirteen previous peace conferences all of which failed. This latest one is no different.

Yet the attention given to this latest pointless exercise in futility has placed Somaliland in a catch 22 situation. The world needs to realise the message that is being sent to Africa from the international community's response to Somaliland. The message that we percieve is that help and recognition is only accorded to those who commit outrages against human decency such as those perpetrated on an almost daily basis in Somalia. It seems that peaceful attempts to rebuild and fashion democratic institutions are not of interest to the international community.

We welcome Prime Minister Blair's setting up of the commission for Africa. Yet the Prime Minister does not need to look far to find a country that has fulfilled all that he asks of Africa. That country is us. Yet we are rewarded for our efforts with non-recognition and the ruination of our economy by unjust sanctions.

Britain's policy in Africa is schizophrenic. We applaud your government’s decision to put a stop to the murderous activities of the likes of Foday Sankoh and his RUF thugs in Siera Leone, but at the same time the British taxpayers are funding many similar unsavoury types as they preside over yet another meaningless "peace" conference for Somalia.

The deaths of hundreds of thousands of Somalis, the almost weekly drowning of desperate would be refugees in the Red Sea, the dumping of toxins in our seas and the cultivation of drugs are the ways in which Somali warlords campaign for political leadership. These are the Somali equivalents of leafleting in Sunderland.

Mr Blair has said that Africa is "a scar on the conscience of the World" this is indeed the case. We are trying to remedy our situation by playing our part in a new kind of politics. We have done the best that we can. But if the world only listens to, and rewards, mass murderers and warlords then how can there ever be progress in our continent. The scar can only fester if this is how the world treats it.

The world has spent $3bn on operation restore hope and its successor. Yet it has nothing to show for that money. The new government of Abdillahi Yusuf is already unravelling. It has no foundation in reality and no ability to enforce its power over the land it claims to govern. It exists neither de facto nor de jure. Its impotence is already apparent.

We have a functioning government that operates effectively within our territorial boundaries. We ask for international recognition so that we might continue our work to create a successful nation state that can be a model for the rest of Africa. Our future does not lie with the failed state to the south replete as it is with mass murderers and warlords. They have done everything in their power to try to drag us back down the pit with them. They have arranged the murders of those we considered honoured guests in our country, such as the British teachers, Richard and Enid Eyeington, or the Italian aid worker, Annalena Tonelli. Such barbarity is not our way. They seek to undermine our hard work. We will not let them succeed.

If the present policy towards Somaliland and Somalia does not change then Britain and the world will not only have failed the peoples of those two countries, but also the millions of poor and abused Africans all over the continent. Somaliland is an example to the rest of Africa. We have done all that has been asked of us: we have held presidential and local elections, brought peace to our land and repatriated our refugees. But our labours have been rewarded with only non-recognition and sactions. We have seen the rewards go to those who have broken every rule of human decency as they have dragged Somalia into a nightmarish cycle of violence and terror. This message resounds across Africa for all to learn: if you want to be recognised and funded by the international community, and stay at expensive hotels at the British taxpayers' expense, then you must murder indiscriminately, rape women in their thousands, cultivate drugs and make the country an ideal base for terrorists.

This cannot be right. This cannot be what Britain and the world stand for today. We demand to be recognised as an independent country, such recognition will allow us to move forward to the peaceful, prosperous future that is our birthright.

Thank You.

The People of Somaliland.

Jamhuuriya Online

People of Somaliland have already rewarded those that took part in the real mass murder of Somalia.

Dahir Riyaale Kahin comes to mind, he worked for the NSS, at the time, Egal was also working for Siyad Barre but hey lets blame a man who was in jail at the time.

Rudy, bro Abdullahi is the President of Somalia, he was chosen by a Parliment which comprised of both his enemies and allies in which his clan had only 12 members out of 275. But hey you and others on SOL are smarter, more informed and honest than those 275 MP's.

I support Abdullahi cause he can get things done, he did in Puntland and Insha Allah he will do it in the rest of Somalia.

The argument about clan is baseless I did not vote for him, Somali's voted for him.

He has a clear vision, to fix that country which you thought did not exist.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

The argument about clan is baseless I did not vote for him, Somali's voted for him.

He has a clear vision, to fix that country which you thought did not exist.

Isnt that a bit of exaggeration? Which Somalis voted for him? Unless you are saying the 275 non-elected members of parliament are a proportional represantatives of the Somali citizens.

The president was elected by a reconciliation parliament, period. Whether he has the vision to bring back, lets hope he does, Somalia back to a nationhood only time will tell. And for you info my dear friend Smith, Somaliland will be a big task for the president and the parliament and they know that. You cannot simply ignore it and dismiss it as a non-existant and force them to come into fold just like that. IT requires great skill of negotiations to form a union with them, and remember it should be of their own accord as it should be of ours, mutual.