Sign in to follow this  
guraad

Puntland In Laascaanood, Victory for Somali Unity

guraad   

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the leadership of the Puntland State of Somalia and the people of Sool, Sanaag and Hawd region for the tremendous resolve, determination in confronting and repelling the recent moves by the breakaway Somaliland adminsration to extend their authority into the land of the Drawiish.

Although this is a first round of what is bound to be a long and protracted struggle with the forces of secession and anti-Somalism in Hargeysa, it is quite clear that the victory has been ours in this first engagement. A victory that has sent a clear and forceful signal to the entire world that the people of Sool, Sanaag and Hawd are firm in their conviction and belief that their future lies within the Puntland State of Somalia and under the Glorious Blue Flag of Somalia( until such time as the State of Somalia is re-established, that is).

By their actions and words they have demonstrated that on this grave and fundamental issue of Somali unity there will be no compromise and accomodation with Somaliland.

And deserved Kudos to the Puntland administration for taking the belated step of bringing the historic city of LaasCaanood firmly under the authority of Puntland. The enthusiasm with which they were welcomed and the fact that their operations in the city were so well-received belies the empty rhetoric coming out of Hargeysa of an invasion by Puntland.

We look forward to the continuing expansion of Puntland initiatives throughout the ***** Lands and speedy implementation of the government's security initiatives as well the rebuilding of the social and economic infrastructure of the major cities, most specially in the area of water, health and education.

But these initiatives will take a back seat to the military needs of the government in the case of an outbreak of active hostilities. Such an outcome is entirely dependent on the Somaliland administration and whether they want to proceed with this quixotic notion of enforcing an imaginary British demarcated "Somaliland" border.

If they insist on that course, war becomes inevitable and it would be considered an invasion and a crime against the peace we have enjoyed for so long while the rest of the country endured the harsh and bitter and seemingly endless civil war of the last 13 years.

The choice entirely lies in the hands of the Hargeysa Administration of Daahir Riyaale, President of so-called Somaliland and former Secret Policeman of Siyaad Barre

Maxamuud Axmed

[ February 23, 2004, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Warmoog   

Tensions still exist between those two regions and there's a dangerous possiblity of more serious conflict in the future. So if you care the least bit about the well-being of Somalis everywhere, you should encourage a peaceful resolution to this conflict instead of offering premature applause to this side or that.

PS - I'm surprised the moderators haven't noticed your use of tribal names. If you were unaware, let me inform you that it's against forum rules.

Salaamz.

Deeq A.   

Guraad, please edit the qabiil names from your post before you submit. This is not acceptable on our site.

This is a warning.

Admin

Somalia Online

guraad   

Horn , its all good bro. ;)

Brother Bari_Nomad , Thanks my dear brother. smile.gif

Admin : i am sorry if i slipt and used some wrong words , i ap,ologize. :rolleyes:

Salaan...

Originally posted by Danger:

Admin

i dont see any clan names at all wher are they

Macalinka, it was edited by the Admin. after it was posted and before you had a chance to view.

[ February 23, 2004, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Jaaw.

Assl All Wr Wb

Isn't it a fact that all this 'X'-Land, 'Y'-Land thing is another way of covering Qabiil. Isn't that the case in SLand v Pland? It is all crap. If they want peace, and that means anything to either entity, they should consider what people of the land want.

bottom line is, let us all support PEACE and forces of PEACE. It is time we realise our power as the people and get our priorities right. PEACE, after all, is what we need as people and country, NOT bloodshed and hostility. Let the people decide NOT the will of the so-called guys at the top. They had enough chances, now should our turn.

P.S. Good job to the Admin brothers.

LANDER   

Originally posted by guraad:

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the leadership of the Puntland State of Somalia and the people of Sool, Sanaag and Hawd region for the tremendous resolve, determination in confronting and repelling the recent moves by the breakaway Somaliland.......

Although this is a first round of what is bound to be a long and protracted struggle with the forces of secession and anti-Somalism in Hargeysa, it is quite clear that the victory has been ours in this first engagement. A victory that has sent a clear and forceful signal to the entire world that the people of Sool, Sanaag and Hawd are firm in their conviction and belief that their future lies within the Puntland State of Somalia and under the Glorious Blue Flag of Somalia( until such time as the State of Somalia is re-established, that is).

Guraad keep tomping your chess saxiib, remember though

"

A coward boasting of his courage may deceive strangers, but he is a laughing-stock to those who know him. [Lat., Virtutis expers verbis jactans gloriam Ignotos fallit, notis est derisui.]

A cowardly cur barks more fiercely than it bites. [Lat., Canis timidus vehementius latrat quam mordet.] "

bottom line is, let us all support PEACE and forces of PEACE. It is time we realise our power as the people and get our priorities right. PEACE, after all, is what we need as people and country, NOT bloodshed and hostility. Let the people decide NOT the will of the so-called guys at the top. They had enough chances, now should our turn.

Thats the simple truth

guraad   

S/LANDER YOU SAID(( A cowardly cur barks more fiercely than it bites ))

ISNT THAT WHAT SOMALILAND ARE ? , THREAT,ING ALL THE TIME BUT NO ACTION . LOL.