Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Benazir Bhutto Killed In Attack

Fabregas   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

^^ Quite the contrary infact - Bhutto was leading the election race with majority of the population in her favour. Though it would not appear to be in Musharraf's advantage to assassinate her, yet her death indicates a clear victory for his party.

It is also imperative to state that she was killed before the explosion by a gunman.

How could it be a clear victory by his party when HE is accused of killing her? Surely that would mean most of her supporters will stick with their own Party and vote for her replacement rather than voting for the president's party!

Her death is a disaster for Musharraf's government.
This is Pakistan saxiib, you know there isn't gonna be a vote in the real sense of the word. The elections might be canceled and even if there was an election, Musharaf would come out as a majority winner with 85% of the vote! Musharaf will ask the Americans and the Western governments to support him and standby by him as the country is being attacked by Alqaeda, pointing to this assisination! They will have little choice but to keep supporting them and back his grip on Pakistan!That is, unless they can groom another leader with the same charisma and leadership like Bhutto! Which is highly unlikely.They can't afford for Musharaf to be killed too. So he has the privilege of being "ninki rerka u soo hadhey". I wouldn't exactly call this a disaster!

NGONGE   

^^ The days of having a woman Prime Minster in Pakistan were long gone, saaxib. One has to point the finger at the only group that openly threatned to kill her, Tora Bora that way >>>>> :D

N.O.R.F   

Hamid Karzai met with her in the morning. Now why would a leader of a neighbouring state meet with the opposition of another state?

Ngonge, Torra Bora boys? This is Pakistan saxib, you dont need to go too far to find a cousin :D

A.J.   

i heard about the blast before i went out and now i come back im shocked to find out the lady has passed away.

may she rest in peace and may god have mercy on her.

It's no suprise that she has been shot dead. I knew she was playing with death. Before her homecoming she was warned, but she defied those warnings and have paid the price. For sure, she had many enemies, from within her party and that of outside (secret services, military and last but not least from Mr. Musharaf's party). A very bad day for Pakistan endeed!. May Allah help Pakistan out of this political turmoil. The only muslim nation with the nuke.

Fabregas   

^^ The days of having a woman Prime Minster in Pakistan were long gone, saaxib. One has to point the finger at the only group that openly threatned to kill her, Tora Bora that way >>>>>
:D

That could well be the case, but you know blaming the C.I.A or some other conspiracy theory makes for better sales of books and movies ten years from now. Which wouldn't be any interesting to the masses if they were told some skinny Mullah with a walking stick planned it all from Torah Borah! Am sure someone is probably in the processing of designing a wesbite called "thetruthaboutbenazir.com". But I have to say her popularity amongst the people was being hyped up by the media! She appeared to be working for other peoples interests...

Ilaahay ha u naxariisto, dambigeedana ha dhaafo.

The essential move for Musharraf now is to get rid of Sharrif politely (No “sane” suicide bomber will assassinate Sharif because he himself is very popular with the Islamist and all Al-Qeida sympathizers). Unless Musharaf employs a "coward sniper" or a booby-trap, the easier option to get rid of Nawaz is to deport him back to Saudi Arabia.

As for Bhutto, she really didn't have as much support in the country as the western media was reporting. She was widely seen as a go-getting puppet “in the process” of being installed by America. Her party, however, has many supporters.

Musharaff on the other hand is really not a true “enemy” of Al-Qeida or the Islamists. He is the better option in this day of age. Aside from the military, Musharaf’s continued existence on Pakistan’s political stage depends on the Islamists as he is constantly engrossed in secret deals with Al-Qeida and other Pakistani Islamist groups. Osama lives in Pakistan and he will never be caught as long as Musharaf is in power. Al-Qeida and the Islamists are fully behind that game with Musharaf, and any other “puppet” that tries to "over-please" America will eventually be killed. In Pakistan, there is a limit for Musharaf and he better not cross that.

Fabregas   

Libaaxow, how did work that one out, ie Bin Laden, Alqaeda and Musharaf are all in cohorts? I mean the fact Osama hasn't be caught could well be explained by the tribal support and the allegiance to the Taliban in the NWF. I also seem to remember several hits on Musharaf by Alqaeda. Mullah Mohamed Umar was actually pleased that Musharaf had allied himself with the Americans, because he felt it would disprove the myth the the Taliban were just puppets of Pakistan. They might have been a time when the political leaders of Pakistan were allied to the millitants like the Taliban, but they are probably regreting that know and those days are likely to be over( in my opinion).

Geeljire, when it comes to Al-Qeida and the Islamists, Musharaf's policy towards America and the West has been "Qawda maqashii, waxna ha u qaban". Don't be misled by "attempted attacks" against Musharraf or his "crackdown against the Islamists" as reported by the western media.

Hunguri   

^^ The government does not need the headache this will cause. This does not work to the benefit of Mushaaraf and therefore it is unlikely that he was behind the killing. He would have been happy to have her as his Prime Minster. Now this strengthens the position of Nawaz Sharif!

Benazir Bhutto marks a 3rd generation disaster,tragedy for her family.The death of her brother Murtaza in 96 Karachi. The death of her father (Zulfikhar Bhutto ) an out spoken,brave,charismatic political figure and one of the most respected Muslim leaders was deposed by General Zia and then later hanged, and to a big suprise General Zia was crowned by Zulfikhar Bhutto as the Chief of Pakistan's army. To me, there is no doubt that this act was a set up assasination behind by a Pakistani sucide bomber, be it from the PML of Nawaze's wing, Tahreek group of Imran, Jamiat Islami of Qazi Hussein, or Musharraf him self. Its still too early to judge. However, I doubt Musharraf. First of all, he gave up the Chief of army staff post to a mere civilian president. Mida kale, sow ma ogidin. Pakistan Constitution keeda, there is an article, that drafted and included by Nawaz during his tenure of his primier ship for he had the majority of the seats in the parlement. He introduced an article which is (Article (B) of 13th ammedment) which gives the prime minister the power to depose the president, haduu juuq juuq keeno. Waayo barigii hore, madaxwaynahaa ku shaqqaysan jiray article-kan. Waana sida Zulfikhar Bhutto ku dhintay. Markuu Zia meesha ku qabsady. Hence, an ellected prime minister will definately be a threat to Musharef. He can be deposed at any time. Laakiin, mid kalaa meesha ku jirta. What about the extremists. Who said in a day light, that Bhuttos days are numbered. And, this kind of act looks like the mentality of the young brain washed self sacrafice. Waayo, ninkani islaanta intuu madaxa ka toogtay ayuu is qarxiyey. Secondly, the notion of a female political figure is anathema to them. Wallahi, I remember in 2003 October-November, an abortive assasination sucide bomber targeted Musharef. His convoy was a Kilo Miter away from a kidney tranpalent hospital, where I was looking after a grand father of mine. It was a big time calculated set up self sacrafice. Which is very similer to this assasination attempt that Bhutto lost her life. Markaa dadka kale naftu waaku qaali smile.gif laakiin nimankan Jannaa loo sheegay! Allaw sahal!

(1)Taliban/Alqaeda

(2)Musharef

(3)PML (Zia Wing)

(4)PML (Nawaz Wing)

(5)Tehreek-e-Insaf (Imran Kha)

(6)Jamaát Islam

Markay intas noqoto. aniga waxan u malaynayaa waxay iila egtahay. Taliban iyo Al-Qaeda. Waana idiin sheegi doonaa later.

Thierry.   

Ina illha WA Ina Illah rajiun

May Allah forgive her sins.

Libax is right [resident Musharraf is a very clever man he is appeasing the Whitehouse while at the same time giving refuge to Al-Qeada and Taliban refuge in the Waziristan province of Pakistan.

I think he regrets stepping down from his military post now as his powers will diminish (slightly) once marshal law is imposed again.

What is it with Political dynasties they all end up dead for some reason, the Kennedy’s, the Nehru-Ghandi and now the end of Bhutto.

Those who intend to form a Somali political dynasty be aware the end result always seems tragic

Som@li   

Bhutto Campaigned Despite Risk of Attack

Benazir Bhutto had been warned by President Pervez Musharraf and others not to campaign so publicly, but she remained defiant. "I put my life in danger and came here because I feel this country is in danger," she said Thursday

she was playing with fire.