Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Benazir Bhutto Killed In Attack

NGONGE   

Updated:13:44, Thursday December 27, 2007

Pakistan Opposition leader Benazir Bhutto has died after a suicide attack at a political rally.

"At 6.16 p.m. she expired," said Wasif Ali Khan, a member of Bhutto's party at Rawalpindi General Hospital.

Source

Her family have paid a hefty price, two of her brothers were also assassinated in the past,and her father was hanged.

Scipio...She made unfortunate decisions by appearing in public without any governmental security detail. One must understand also Pakistan's security is itself infiltrated by Taliban and Al Qeidi sympathizers who sees little benefit in the return of Bhutto and Sharif. It is also worthy mentioning Musharaf himself has survived eight attempts on his life, interesting fact since he enjoys the support of the military, but it just shows no one is safe.

With the hundreds who perished when she arrived in Karachi, and with the general situation in the country,

It was very unwise of her to refuse the government's offer. She must have thought it would either be a farce or that it would seriously impede her strong public performances or both.

Then again this happened in Rawalpindi, apparently a garrison city, so it would be interesting to know how much the regime knew about this.

NGONGE   

^^ The government does not need the headache this will cause. This does not work to the benefit of Mushaaraf and therefore it is unlikely that he was behind the killing. He would have been happy to have her as his Prime Minster. Now this strengthens the position of Nawaz Sharif!

Laba-X   

^^ Quite the contrary infact - Bhutto was leading the election race with majority of the population in her favour. Though it would not appear to be in Musharraf's advantage to assassinate her, yet her death indicates a clear victory for his party.

It is also imperative to state that she was killed before the explosion by a gunman.

It is aimed to start anarchy in the country ,,, this is America. The usage of Musharaf against Taliban ended and the time to destablize Pakistan has come. I wonder how they will seize the Nuclear system.

ZOLA   

R.I.P Banazir... i guess this time she didnt esxcape. i could imagine her getting attacked in a place like Karachi but not Rawalpindi military headquarters of pakistan's armed forces.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

^^ Quite the contrary infact - Bhutto was leading the election race with majority of the population in her favour. Though it would not appear to be in Musharraf's advantage to assassinate her, yet her death indicates a clear victory for his party.

It is also imperative to state that she was killed before the explosion by a gunman.

How could it be a clear victory by his party when HE is accused of killing her? Surely that would mean most of her supporters will stick with their own Party and vote for her replacement rather than voting for the president's party!

Her death is a disaster for Musharraf's government.

N.O.R.F   

I saw the scroll on AJE that a bomb went off at her rally. Came back from the park and she is dead! Allah yarxmha. An enigmatic woman through the years.

Those with the most to lose would have been behind this in my opinion but who are they?

Who would kill himself like that for politics?