Sign in to follow this  
Garyaqaan2

Somalia: Puntland leader invited to Washington, d.c failed

Thankful   

^^^ Generaaaaale not so fast. TFG and somaliland leaders seemed well organized then the poor faroole and his team. One thing this entire African leader have income are, they love power. Faroole brought with him His oldest son as spokesman lol. Genaraale i am here and I am sure I know more marka ha iga hadalsiin. They where treat as criminal pirates. Farool's son was under surveillance since he was former pirates’ member. The use has strong case against (INA FAROOLE) That is way he was told he could not leave the hotel, could not attend the meeting with the president. Note The US are the once who Invited these group so everything is on them. General Duke remember cade muse faild as leader and faroole is is headed in the wrong direction . Is it impossible to effect positive change from below? I ask you that Question Duke? Why would puntland leader always humiliated themselves. You know cade muse gave the highest position witch he could not handle it to Leebaan muuse boqor , because he was his son that is what happen here in Washington DC. He brought with him family member as adviser and so on. Lol that it is realy joke.

You know it will take much more effort. It will take building a network of like minded people in many places to lobby for you not your son who no nothing in the us you need power brokers, educate to win ordinary folks to our side and galvanize them into a force to reckon with a force to say NO to Business As Usual! Because this approach depends largely on ordinary folks saying "we are sick and tired of being sick and tired it stands the risk of things turning nasty. Faroole showed poor leader ship and he was treated the way he deserved.

Wasn't there a thread on SOL clearly staying the rules and that if you are going make comments and present them as fact you need to provide some sort of a source? Now you are saying President Faroole's son who has Austrlian citizenship is being subjected to this? Former President Cade Muse's son is Liban boqor? Should I make up stories about what Riyaale is doing in Kuwait like you are? You expect us to believe the US allowed President Farooles son into the country but then effectively forced him to stay in his hotel as your claim? They wouldn't have even let him in the country. How could you possible know whether he is under surveillance? Because you are there? THE NUMBER ONE REASON THE MEETING IS TAKING PLACE IS BECAUSE OF PIRACY. These groups have never been invited all together like this, not even during the ICU days in 2006, it is piracy and only piracy. If Puntland didn't show up, the meeting would have been cancelled I BET! How can Cade Muse Hersi BOQOR, be the father of Liban BOQOR? Stick to your opinions and don't present them as fact.

Puntland's image was never stellar with the Western world. The leadership has too often been associated with criminal activities.

Qaryaqaan, from previous postings, seems a Puntlander who's simply bothered by the weaknesses of the current leadership.

To quote popular Western perceptions of the region, here's a quote from the Economist;

Some 30 lethal suicide-bombs are thought to have exploded since five went off more or less simultaneously in October in Somaliland , which has managed to remain de facto independent (and fairly well-run ) for several years, and in the semi-autonomous Puntland region, where various warlords , few of them jihadist, hold sway.

Economist Link

^^^So is the economist the word of god? Give us a break, well run? a region that trully has a powerful warlord [to the SNM] and former NSS comander running the show, in comparison to Faroole an MBA and PHD student, a career banker? :D

So is the economist the word of god? Give us a break, well run? a region that trully has a powerful warlord [to the SNM] and former NSS comander running the show, in comparison to Faroole an MBA and PHD student, a career banker?

oouch, war ka daa DUKE.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^So is the economist the word of god? Give us a break,
well run?
a region that trully has a powerful warlord [to the SNM] and former NSS comander running the show, in comparison to Faroole an MBA and PHD student, a career banker?
:D

Apparently those you're asking for aid (for an indigenous coast guard) are not too impressed with those credentials. Nothing personal, as usual, just quoting how the rest of the world views the differences in the region ;)

Secondly, even you, Duke, have hopped on the latest Puntland ploy to couple Puntland's failures with Somaliland's successes by referring to them as the 'functional Northern regions'. This also shall not work, especially when one partner (Somaliland) refuses to acknowledge a partnership exists.

^^^The Norther states are a reality, bith doing quite well. However one is run by a former Qad merchant and NSS operative and takes leads from men like Warrabe who want to call the region Shankaroon. The other has an educated, hard working man of vision named Faroole who is making waves [Pirate pun intended] :D .

Thats the difference. Now go hold an election and have a smooth transfer of power like Garowe did. ;)

Thankful   

Somaliland , which has managed to remain de facto independent (and fairly well-run ) for several years

And you take this as a positive comment? Fairly well run for several years? you claim to be independant for almost 20 years now and you have managed to stay fairly well run for only several years? I didn't read the link, but assume that there is no democracy talk, that facade is over with; and the west knows what kind of politics is going on their. It's a land run by a member of the same previous regime they claimed abused them, and who continuously pushes back elections....SOMETHI NG THEY HATE!!!

On another topic,

This is the former president Abdullahi Yusuf's reception when he arrived in Kuwait(one of many might i add)

Kuweyt1.jpg

Show us the reception your leader received in Kuwait? Just one Pic and that's all.

lool. You hit them hard Mr Pride. Let all the secessionists and their sympithisers show us a single Pic of Riyaale's visist to Kuwait. Fake Shankaroon nonsence.

somalipride

leebaan muse boqor and cade muuse waa wiil iyo adeerkiis. Having said that. the point is that they related! and here we have aka pirate president faroole and his son runing the show. thruth hurts guys. Let's tell the truth. shicibka reerpuntalnd ayaa ah dad nabada jecel aan wax faar faarin ee meesha ceebaa ka jirta.

Duke

Bro I understand your point. You are not getting my massage here I guess. We are not talking a luxury hotel. We are witnessing a bad leadership again and again in punt land’s leaders. I am here Washington dc where faroole is today and I can really report what I see. An organized, an presidential let those who have experience help you out not your son or your cousin.

Duke shankaroon iyadee jirtaa but we are here to fix puntland for good. We have to walk the walka and talk the talk. looma baahana in indhaha laga xirto reality

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^So is the economist the word of god? Give us a break,
well run?
a region that trully has a powerful warlord [to the SNM] and former NSS comander running the show, in comparison to Faroole an MBA and PHD student, a career banker?
:D

Should we believe the bitter/full of jealousy Dukey over the economist?

Will you make your guest that you invited pay up the hotel bill? :D . You took another L.

Originally posted by somalipride:

quote: Somaliland , which has managed to remain de facto independent (and fairly well-run ) for several years

And you take this as a positive comment? Fairly well run for several years?
You had the benefits of staying with the "union" at that same time span, surely you should be doing 100 times better than those lousy seperatist atleast correct?

Originally posted by Garyaqaan*:

Peace Action

leebaan muse boqor and cade muuse waa wiil iyo adeerkiis. Having said that. the point is that they related! and here we have aka pirate president faroole and his son runing the show. thruth hurts guys. Let's tell the truth. shicibka reerpuntalnd ayaa ah dad nabada jecel aan wax faar faarin ee meesha ceebaa ka jirta.

Duke

Bro I understand your point. You are not getting my massage here I guess. We are not talking a luxury hotel. We are witnessing a bad leadership again and again in punt land’s leaders. I am here Washington dc where faroole is today and I can really report what I see. An organized, an presidential let those who have experience help you out not your son or your cousin.

Duke shankaroon iyadee jirtaa but we are here to fix puntland for good. We have to walk the walka and talk the talk. looma baahana in indhaha laga xirto reality