Sign in to follow this  
SomaliThinker

World Bank, EU Official talk with Somaliland leader on Reconstruction of the country

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

of course it is the contrary ,,, you read and believe the online propoganda

call it secessioists or whateve they say on the net, i would like to invite you to see the facts on the ground.

Jacayl, If you can provide legitimate news like Reutors or AP.

Brother, World Bank is a major financial institution.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Caamir:

If World Bank is to extend loan to Somalia on the reconstruction of its devastated infrastructure, it would give it to the TFG , the transitional federal government under which both "Somaliland" and "Puntland" are part of its system.

The article had nothing to do with the above. Matter a fact it was written at a time not so long ago when the TFG still didn't have official international recognition before the courts came along and gave the TFG the legitimacy it seeked in the eyes of the west. So where is the proof? Do you really understand the meaning of the word propaganda?

NASSIR   

I fully understand what it means but saxibow I am demanding a further proof contrary to what I mentioned in my analysis.

"the TFG still didn't have official international recognition before the courts came along and gave the TFG the legitimacy it seeked in the eyes of the west."

Even before the courts emerged, TFG widely enjoyed international recognition. Remember the president was invited and went to New York for the Annual General Assembly that was held in New York.

Somalia’s Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, President of that country’s new Transitional Federal Government, said the history of United Nations involvement with Somalia was a good example of its invaluable role in helping the world’s emerging nations. Despite momentary setbacks, the Organization had been present at each juncture of the country’s history, from colonialism to independence and nationhood.

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2005/ga10386.doc.htm

Suldaan, you know the world recognizes Somalia as one country.

Asalamu Aleykum

I believe the TFG has been recognized as a government even before the ICU was established ,,,, and they still have that chance.

But somaliland has been always different in terms of development programs and international donations even before the TFG.

Things are now changing a bit further that the EU, World Bank, etc are willing to directly involve somaliland throught the JNA program.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

quote:

the transitional federal government under which both
"Somaliland"
and "Puntland" are part of its system.

Since when? :confused:
Since the last closed-doors "Yeysters only" meeting. ;)

Jacaylbaro, i have come use to people regardless not veiwing in the right light somaliland improve ments up, and are always looking disregard its postive gains. Blind hatered is a to way street, if they cry somaliland does it then why on earth are they doing it lool.

RedSea   

Jacayl,here is what is written on there:

Somali Reconstruction and Development Framework

Clusters and Cross-cutting Issues

Priority Clusters:

Governance, safety and the rule of law

Macro-economic policy framework and data development

Infrastructure

Social services and protection of vulnerable groups

Productive sectors and environment

Livelihoods and solutions for the displaced

Cross-cutting issues:

Peace building, reconciliation and conflict prevention

Capacity building and institutional development (public and private) plus anti corruption initiatives

Gender and human rights

Somali Reconstruction and Development Framework Deepening Peace and Reducing Poverty-Volume I

Somali Reconstruction and Development Framework Volume II South-Central

Somali Reconstruction and Development Framework Volume III Puntland

Somali Reconstruction and Development Framework Volume IV Somaliland

Somali Reconstruction and Development Framework RBM South-Central

Somali Reconstruction and Development Framework RBM Consolidated Costs Summary

Somali Joint Needs Assessment

United Nations & World Bank

Coordination Secretariat

P.O. Box 28832, Nairobi, Kenya.

Tel No: (254-2) 418 3640/2/3/4; Fax No: (254-2) 418 3641

Email: Louise.cottar@undp.org

1, November 2006

Dear Colleagues,

After months of intensive work including extensive consultations with Somali stakeholders ranging from civil society groups to national and local authorities and parliamentarians, and drawing on information from existing sources, consultation workshops, selected field visits by cluster team members, and questionnaire-based field work in all regions, the Somali Joint Needs Assessment Team are herewith circulating to you the draft Synthesis Report (Volume I) of the Reconstruction and Development Framework (RDF). The RDF has been produced by an integrated team of Somali and international technical experts.

At this stage, the synthesis report should not be thought of as a final output of the Somali Joint Needs Assessment. Prioritization is a two-part consultative process, first technical and second political and this draft Synthesis Report is primarily concerned with a technical assessment of needs and the development of reconstruction and development initiatives to respond to these needs.

As you will see from the preface, this synthesis report is only one of five volumes being refined as the complete Somali Reconstruction and Development Framework. We will circulate the other volumes as soon as possible but even now we look forward to feedback from you and your colleagues on this key volume and with reference to this feedback, please find attached the review process guidelines. A three week period for feedback is provided.

Please send copies of your feedback to the JNA Secretariat: Louise.cottar@undp.org, copying in skulaksiz@worldbank.org.

The Somali Joint Needs Assessment is funded by DFID, the European Commission, Italy, Norway, Sweden, the United Nations and the World Bank.

Draft Reconstruction and Development Framework Synthesis Volume Review Process

Draft Guidelines

Review by the Senior Technical Coordinators & UN & WB Institutions

The Synthesis Volume has been prepared and reviewed by the Senior Technical Coordinators and the respective UN & WB team members and institutions for substance, prioritized needs and sequencing of recommendations of actions to be taken, sensitivity, and balance.

Quality Assurance Review

The process for the simultaneous distribution, review and validation of the Synthesis Volume (Volume I) draft report is as follows:-

(I) English versions of Volume I of the RDF will be distributed by email to:

a) CSG

b) CISS Ex Com and Technical Committees

c) UNCT

d) SDG

e) IGAD

f) LAS

g) TFG Line Ministries, via the Office of the Prime Minister

h) TFP Committees

i) TFG Office of the Presidency

j) JNA Zonal Coordinators

k) Somaliland and Puntland via the respective Ministries of Planning

l) ICU

(II) An executive summary of the RDF will be translated during the coming 2 weeks and circulated to:-

m) TFG Line Ministries, via the Office of the Prime Minister

n) TFP Committees

o) TFG Office of the Presidency

p) Somaliland and Puntland via the respective Ministries of Planning

q)