Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

A remarkable leader has left; Mohamud Muse Hersi (Cade) leaves with head held high!!

Thankful   

Puntland has demonstrated that they can change leadership peaceful once again. This has eluded so many other regions. President Cade Muse definitely left his mark on the state. He refused to use intimidation and fear during his leadership and kept his word and had elections on time. During the first two years things were very promising and going smoothly and airport had began to be built. Yet soon enough the ICU came to power and threatened Puntland very existence, which forced the state to give considerable amount of resources (i.e. military, financial, training) to the Transitional Federal Government. This slowed the development of the state and the significant amount of soldiers that left resulted in security issues.

Mohamud Muse Hersi made sure that citizens of Puntland got along with each other and brokered many peace deals between feuding groups. He held the state together when those who wanted it destroyed tried to infiltrate it and put on his military uniform when they were at the gates of Gaalkayo, ready to die for the land. Some may say there is no security but I know, just like others who are actually live and visit Puntland, that there is no fear in the streets and it is definitely peaceful. Without a doubt the citizens of Puntland got long with each other very well and Mohamud Muse forced them to use dialogue when dealing with problems rather then violence. Even when a elder peace maker from his tribe was killed and those responsible did it in hopes of triggering retaliation and civil war, he refused to go the old Somali route of an eye for an eye. He instead made sure no innocent people were harmed

I have been to this state many times and during his leadership the state has grown significantly. I am shocked how large Garoowe has become, he spoke to as many people as he could from the Diaspora and said look at me, come back here and build your country.

I believe Mohamud Muse Hersi started a precedent and the number of the Diaspora running for pres this elections definitely proved it, people are returning to build their land from abroad. Many more have come back and built hotels and other infrastructure. Like I said earlier he showed that no one is bigger then the state and held elections on time and swore to shake the person hand who won the presidency's and would work with him. Now no leader can extend their term or refuse to step down.

With such arid land and poverty and meager resources he was able to keep the peace between the populations even when there was a war at its gates. He wanted to lead without violence and avoided it at all cost.

He has left a remarkable page in Puntlands short history.

President Cade Muse Hersi Boqor, the third leader of the state of Puntland is a remarkable man who was given little chance by those inside and outside the political game that is Somalia.

Today he left as he came with dignity and humility and will be remmebered as one of our founding fathers.

May Allah bless you in all that you do Mr President...

ElPunto   

Is everyone here high on crack?

Let's see, on his watch the following happened:

1- Inflation skyrocketed due to the mass printing of money

2- Piracy has increased to rampant levels

3- Security has deteriorated to alarming levels - because of non payment of police and soldiers

4- Las Anod is held hostage by a petty thug

5- Corruption and kickbacks have increased enormously - with Cade making a gratis 3 million plus dollar contribution to the UAE property sector

Seriously. What the! He is to be congratulated for leaving now? What the!

^^^He served his term, and lost an election. Nothing ded about the man, Che adeer Puntland is doing fine saxib it has not died and thats what hurts those who dont like us.

:D

Thanks somalipride. I agree with you, a remarkable man who fought A/Y and made peace with him and ruled Puntland peacefully, Despite his short comings, Puntland made progress. You can see that only if you have visited the land.

What I would to ask Che & the point when was the last you went for a visit to Puntland?

He lost a selection, not an election. Those who were allowed to select themselves were selected and hand-picked. A vote on SOL's members would've produced more democratic result than this.

A corrupt gone, another corrupt in. At least waxba ma qarin jirin Awuusbuur, for that kaga roonaa kuwa kale.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

He lost a selection, not an election. Those who were allowed to select themselves were selected and hand-picked. A vote on SOL's members would've produced more democratic result than this.

Well, I think LST's parliament would still have 31 Dukes and 9 Hunguris :D

de905cce82f88f070552326b67d20f98.jpg

The jury is still out on Fat Muuse. Let's see if he hands over the debit cards and car keys.