Sign in to follow this  
BiLaaL

Stories of The Sahabah: Fear Of Allah

BiLaaL   

An Extract from Fazail A'mal.

Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho) and The Fear of Allah.

According to our belief, Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho) is the most exalted person after the Prophets (may peace be on all of them). The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam) himself conveyed to him the glad tidings of his being the head of a group of persons in Paradise.

The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam) once remarked, "Abu Bakr's name shall be called out from all the gates of Paradise, and he will be the first of my followers to enter it."

With all these virtues and privileges, Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho) used to say, "I wish I were a tree that would be cut and done away with."

Sometimes he would say, "I wish I were a blade of grass, whose life ended with the grazing by some beast."

He also said, "I wish I were a hair on the body of a believer."

Once he went to a garden, where he saw a bird singing. He sighed deeply and said, "Oh, bird! How lucky you are! You eat, you drink and fly under the shade of the trees, and you fear no reckoning of the Day of Judgment. I wish I were just like you."

Hadhrat Rabiah Aslami (Radhiyallaho Anho) narrates:

Once I had some argument with Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho), during which he uttered a word that I did not like. He realized it immediately and said to me, "Brother, please say that word back to me in retaliation."

I refused to do so. He persisted, and even spoke of referring the matter to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam), but I did not agree to utter that word. He got up and left me.

A few people of my clan remarked, "Look! How strange! The person does wrong to you and, on the top of that, he threatens to complain to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam)."

I said, "Do you know who he is? He is Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho). To displease him is to displease the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihe Wasallam) and to displease the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam) is to displease Allah, and if Allah is displeased then who can save Rabiah from ruin?"

I went to the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihe Wasallam) and narrated the whole story to him. He said, "You were quite right in refusing to utter that word. But you could have said this much in reply: 'Oh, Abu Bakr, (Radhiyallaho Anho) May Allah forgive you!' "

Look at the fear of Allah in Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallahu Anho)! He is so anxious to clear his accounts in this world that no sooner has a slightly unpleasant word been addressed by him to a person, then he regrets it and requests him to say that word back to him in retaliation. He is so particular in this that he threatens to have the retaliation done through the intervention of the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihe Wasallam). We are in the habit of saying offensive words to others, but we fear neither the retaliation nor the reckoning in the Hereafter.

BiLaaL   

Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) and the Fear of Allah.

Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) would often hold a straw in his hand and say, "I wish I were a straw like this."

Sometimes he would say, "I wish my mother had not given birth to me."

Once he was busy with some important work when a person came to him and, complaining about some petty grievance, requested for its redress. Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) laid a lash across his shoulders, saying, "When I sit for that purpose, you do not come to me but when I am engaged in other important work you come with your grievances to interrupt me."

The person walked away. But Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) sent for him and, handing his whip over to him, said, "You now lash me to even the matter."

He said, "I forgive you for the sake of Allah."

Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) went home, prayed a Salaat of two rakaats in repentance and upbraided himself saying, "Oh, Umar! You were low but Allah elevated you. You were wandering astray but Allah guided you. You were base but Allah made you noble and gave you sovereignty over His people. Now one of them comes and asks you for redress of the wrong done to him, and you beat him? What answer have you to give before Allah?"

He kept on chiding himself thus for a very long time.

Once Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) was going on his usual rounds towards Harrah (a suburb of Madinah) with his slave Aslam, when he saw a distant fire in the desert. He said, "There seems to be a camp. Perhaps, it is a caravan that could not enter the town due to night fall. Let's go and look after them and arrange for their protection during the night."

When he reached there, he found a woman and some children. The children were crying. The woman had a pan of water over the fire. Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) greeted her with salaam and, with her permission, went near her.

Umar, "Why are these children crying?"

The Woman, "Because they are hungry."

Umar, "What is in the pan?"

The Woman, "Only water to soothe the children, so that they may go to sleep in the belief that food is being prepared for them. Ah! Allah will judge between Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) and me, on the Day of Judgment, for neglecting me in my distress."

Umar (weeping), "May Allah have mercy on you! How can Umar know of your distress?"

The Woman, "When he is our Amir, he must keep himself informed about us."

Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) returned to the town and straight away went to the Baitul Mal (House of Charity) to fill a sack with flour, dates, fat, and clothes, and also drew some money. When the sack was ready, he said to Aslam, "Now put this sack on my back, Aslam."

Aslam, "No please, Amir-ul-Momineen! I shall carry this sack."

Umar refused to listen to Aslam, even on his persistent requests to allow him to carry the sack, and remarked, "What! Will you carry my load on the Day of Judgment? I must carry this bag, for it is I who would be questioned (in the Hereafter) about this woman."

Aslam most reluctantly placed the bag on Umar's (Radhiyallaho Anho) back, who carried it with a swift pace right to the woman's tent. Aslam followed at his heels. He put a little flour and some dates and fat in the pan and began to stir. He blew (with his mouth) into the fire to kindle it.

Aslam says, "I saw the smoke passing through his thick beard."

After some time, the pottage was ready. He himself served it to the family. When they had eaten to their fill, he made over to them the little that was left for their next meal. The children were very happy after their meal and began to play about merrily.

The woman felt very grateful and remarked, "May Allah reward you for your kindness! In fact you deserve to take the place of Khalifah instead of Umar."

Umar consoled her and said, "When you come to see the Khalifah, you will find me there."

He sat for a while at a place close by and kept on watching the children. He then returned to Madinah. On his way back, he said to Aslam, "Do you know why I sat there, Aslam? I had seen them weeping in distress. I liked to see them laughing and happy for some time."

It is said that Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) while leading Fajr Salaat used to recite Surah Kahf, Taha and other such Surahs in his Salaat, and would weep so much that his crying could be heard way back to several rows. Once he was reciting Surah Yusuf in Fajr. When he came to the verse:

"I only plead for my distress and anguish unto Allah," (XII: 86)

He wept so much that he could not recite any further. In Tahajjud, he would sometimes fall to the ground and would get indisposed with excessive weeping.

Such was the fear of Allah in Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho Anho) whose name struck terror in the hearts of the mightiest monarchs of his time. Even today, the people are filled with awe when they read about him. Is there any person in power today who is prepared to show such kindness to the people in his charge?

Mashallah thanks for the informative article.

Your right on talking about usage of offensive language it has become the order of the day. And when you act wisely and use not such language ppl assume your crazy or weird. Its a shame really.

Another problem we also face is people find apologising a very big load and a taint to their ego. Where it eases the soul as you put it behind yo and learn to be more careful in dealing with fellow human beings.

In short because people no longer fear the accountability of their actions thus we fall into such mishaps. Apart from that Islam loves modesty in conversation and behaviour.

May Allah keep us on the path.

Jazkhallah Kheir

Bro Bilal

look into this book " Fazail A'mal"

you find that it contains enormous kufr, stories like graveworshiping, seeking shafa'a(intersection) through others....and many more stories that deal with Shirk. The publisher of this book have recored all the errors and denounced it...So inshallah I advice you to look it that.

I'll give you one example:

Allah says in the Quraan, “Verily! Allah, with Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the womb. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows what land he will die. Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware.†[soorah Luqman (31): 34]

But the Fazaail Aamal says, “Abul Husain Maliki says that he associated with Shaikh Khair Nurbaf for several years. The Shaikh said to him, eight days before his death. ‘I shall die on Thursday evening, at the time of Maghrib Salaat, and I shall be buried on Friday after Jumuah Salaat.†Although, he advised me not to forget, but I forgot about it and, on Friday morning, a man told me about the Shaikh’s death. I immediately went to his place… asked people the details of the Shaikh’s experience of death. A person… narrated to me that the Shaikh swooned for a while just before Maghrib Salaat. Then, he recovered somewhat and said to someone in the corner of the room, who was invisible to others, ‘Stop for a while; you have been commanded to do a thing and I have been commanded to do a thing. That which you are commanded to do (viz. to take my life) will not escape you, but that which I am commanded to do (viz. to observe Maghrib Salaat) will escape me. Let me do as I am commanded.†He then called for water, made a fresh Wudhu and performed Maghrib Salaat. After this, he laid himself on the bed, closed his eyes and gave up his life.â€

[Fazaail-e-Aamaal, (Eng. Trans.) Virtues of Charity, Chapter.6, p.609, (2nd South African Impression 1414-1993. Published by Waterval Islamic Institute)]

This Story Promotes that certain individuals know the place and time of their death and even make the Angel of Death wait until they have finished their prayers. Clearily contridicts the Quran and Sunnah.

Wa Allahu A'lim

BiLaaL   

Salafi, Fazail A'mal is a book by the late Shaikul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya Kaandhlawi (May Allah have mercy upon him), who strived his whole life seeking the pleasure of Allah. May Allah accept.

Many prominent scholars of today have praised his work and some have even travelled to him seeking deeper understanding of deen.

The books contents include:

Stories of The Sahabah:

-Steadfastness in face of hardships.

-Fear of Allah.

-Abstinence and self-denial of the Sahabah.

-Devotion to Salaat.

-Sympathy and self-sacrifice.

-Pleasing the Prophet (sallAllahu alaihi wa salam).

-The Women's Courage and spirit for Islam.

-The Children's Devotion for Islam.

--Virtues of The Holy Quran:

--Virtues of Salaat:

--Virtues of Dhikr:

--Virtues of Tabligh:

--There are ayats of the Quran concerning Tabligh.

--Virtues of Ramadhan:

--Muslim Degeneration and its remedy

This book is read by countless muslims around the world, including Tablighis'. 'Tabligh' is the work done by Muslims to call others to Allah. It is the same work that was done by the prophets and messengers (May Allah's peace upon them and His blessings), to their people like Nuh, Lut, Ibrahim, Ismail, Ishaaq, Yaqub, Musa, Isa, Muhammed, etc. (May Allah's peace be upon them all.) Since Muhammed (May Allah's peace upon him and His blessings) is the final prophet and messenger, it becomes a duty on every muslim to invite and call people to Allah. This is what the work of Tabligh is all about.

The views you hold about this book are not entirely new to me, i have heard them before. But what is interesting is that most of the critics of Fazail A'mal have an issue with the Tablighi Jamats rather than with the book itself. There are even some who argue that Tablighi Jamats are innovative and that their way of conducting dawah is a bid'ah.

The founder of this work of Tabligh is Abu AlQasim (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him), also known as Muhammed ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib ibn Hashim, who is not the father of any man and the seal of the prophets. After receiving the messengership, Muhammed (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) conveyed the message of truth to His companions (called the Sahabah), who then brought the message to the rest of the world. It is this work that is, by the grace of Allah, alive and active today. It is by their efforts, May Allah be pleased with them and have mercy upon them, that we are Muslims.

One other thing, if i may. I have noticed that you criticize more than you benefit in this forum. Anything that doesn't sound right to you is shirk, bid'ah etc.

Surely a book such as Fazail A'mal which places so much emphasis on the Lifes of the Sahabah, their sacrifice's for deen, thirst for knowledge and true civility, is something we should be careful to crticize outright.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path, The path of those on whom he hast bestowed his Grace.

Allah knows best.

Innalhamdulillah...

Bilal may Allah reward you, please tell what you thing about the following....keeping in mind this Authentic Hadith,

Prophet sallallahu alaihiwasallam that he said " Whoever lies on me intentionally then let him reserve his seat in hell ". (Sahih Bukhari. Vol. 1 Hadeeth no 106 and also by Imam Muslim in his preface to Sahih Muslim).

The following hadith are found IN Fazi'el A'mal!

QUOTE 1: Moulana Zakariyah mentions in Fazaail-e-Hajj, “Once one of the Abdaal met Khidr and inquired from him whether he had ever met anyone among the saints whom he considered higher in rank than himself. To this he replied, ‘Yes, I have. I was present once in the Masjid in Medina, where I saw Hazrat Shaikh Abdur Razzak directing Hadeeth to his students. On one side was a young man sitting with his head bent on his knees. I went to him and addressed him thus, ‘do you not see the gathering listening to the words of Rasoolullah. Why do you not join them?’ Without lifting up his head or turning in my direction the youth answered: “Over there you see those who listen to the Hadeeth from the mouth of Abdur-Razzak (the slave of the sustainer), while over here you see him who listens to Hadeeth directly from Ar-Razzak (Allah).†Khidr said to him, “If what you say is true then you should be able to tell me who I am. Who am I?†He lifted up his head and said, ‘If my intuition does not fail me then you are Khidr.’ Hazrat Khidr said, “From that I realized that among the saints of Allah there are such who are so exalted in rank that I cannot recognize them.â€

[Fazaail-e-Aamaal, Virtues of Hajj, (Eng. Trans.), Chapter.9, story no.9, p.171, (New Edition 1982, Published by Dini Book Depot - Delhi).]

NOTE: The Deobandi translator of Ikhmaalush Shiyaam defines an Abdaal saying, “Abdaal are a class of Awliya whose identities remain concealed. They possess miraculous powers and execute a variety of tasks under Divine Command in various places of the world.†(Astagfir-Allah) [ikhmaalush Shiyaam (Eng. Trans.) p.59.]

This Story Promotes that the false belief that someone can receive knowledge directly from Allah without the mediation of the Messenger (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) and to receive knowledge from Allah is something specific for the Messengers.

Or this one!

"Once a group of Arabs went to visit the grave of a very generous person and stayed there for the night. One of them in a dream saw the man of the grave who asked him to sell his camel for his Bakhti camel (Bakhti is a good kind of camel). The man agreed and the man of the grave stood and slaughtered the camel. When the man woke up, he found it bleeding. He slaughtered it and distributed the meat. When the group returned then at a stage, a man came riding a Bakhti camel and enquired whether among them was a man of such and such name. The man who saw the dream came forward and said he was that man. The man related his dream. The camel rider said the man of the grave was his father and he had directed him in a dream to give this camel to him. He gave the animal to the man and went away."

Fazaail-e-Aamaal, (Eng. Trans.), Virtues of Charity, Chapter.7, story no.16, p.193, (New Edition 1982, Published by Dini Book Depot - Delhi).

These Stories teach that the inhabitants of the graves can help the living. This belief forms the basis for Grave Worshipping.

Speech of the Scholars About the Tableegh Wal Jamac'a

Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez bin Baaz (rahima-hullaah) was asked about the Jamaa’ah at-Tableegh, so the questioner asked:

Q. we hear about the Jamaa’ah at-Tableegh and that which their da’wah entails. So would you advise me to join this Jamaa’ah (group). I anticipate your guidance and advice, and may Allaah reward you immensely.

So the Shaykh responded by saying:

Whoever invites to (the path of) Allaah, then he is a muballigh (one who conveys the message (of Islaam)), (as the hadeeth mentions): ((Convey from me, even if it be a (single) Aayah)); However, the Jamaa’ah at-Tableegh (originally) from India have many deviations. They have some aspects of bid’ah and shirk, so it is not permissible to go (out) with them, except for a person who has knowledge and goes (out) with them to disapprove of what they are upon and to teach them (the truth). If, however, he goes (out) to follow and adhere to them, then no.

This was extracted from the tape: ‘Fatwa Samaahatush-Shaykh ‘Abdul ‘Azeez Ibn Baaz concerning the Jamaa’ah at-Tableegh’ which was published in Ta’if about two years before the Sahykh’s death.

Fatwa of the Noble Shaykh Muhammed Naasir-ud-Deen al-Albaanee regarding the Jamaa’ah at-Tableegh

He (Rahimahullaah) was asked:

"What is your opinion concerning the Jamaa’ah at-Tableegh? Is it permissible for a student of knowledge or other than him to go out with them under the guise of inviting to (the path of) Allaah?"

So he responded: The Jamaa’ah at-Tableegh does not uphold the manhaj of the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger and that which our Salaf as-Saalih were upon.

Rahima   

It is true that we as Muslims should not read this books for it contains many daciif points, some even crossing the border of shirk. And anyway, it’s not like there is a shortage of correct Islamic books.

If memory serves me right, the shaykh who wrote this book actually sought repentance for this particular work of his- hence indicating its status.

BiLaaL   

Salafi if one looks for contradictions in anything, then he is sure to find it, and even when some don't find any contradictions they twist the words to make it seem so. As we are all aware Dhaif Hadiths can be found even in the most authentic of all books namely Bukhari, Muslim etc. So finding a Dhaif Hadeeth in Fazail A'mal does not disqualify it all together, in the same way it shouldn't in other books.

The only book that is without flaws is the book of Allah. When we come across Hadiths that are classified as Dhaif, we should ask Allah ask in an earnest and sincere manner to give us the good in it and to turn us away from the bad it contains. As long as the slave of Allah is sincere about his actions, then Allah is Al-Ghafoor. But to act as if we know everything and can tell instantly between that which is good or bad for us, is not the way to Allah.

For a more specific answer to you're assertion that Fazail A'maal contains all fabricated shirk, refer to this link for an extended answer

http://www.tabligh.com/answers.html

Rahima i do not know where you got that from, but to the best of my knowledge, no the sheikh has not denounced this book after having compiled it. It must be stated first and foremost that the late Shaikhul Hadith Muhammad Zakariyya Kaandhlawi had memorized the Quran at an early age. He was a scholar of Hadith, that taught Bukhari and Muslim to his students for well over forty years. He devoted his life in the noble effort of propogating Allah's religion.

Again, Allah knows best.

sahal   

The only book that is without flaws is the book of Allah. When we come across Hadiths that are classified as Dhaif, we should ask Allah ask in an earnest and sincere manner to give us the good in it and turn us away the bad it contains. As long as the slave of Allah is sincere about his actions, then Allah is Al-Ghafoor. But to act as if we know everything and can tell instantly between that which is good or bad for us, is not the way to Allah.

Bilaal, this is the characters of the Salafu salih and you gave the NASEEHA, Jazaakallahu Khayr.

Viking   

Salafi Online,

I think it was really sad the way the Saudi Sheikhs you revere so much have used their powers to help sustain the immoral monarchy of Saudi Arabia for centuries. They make fatwas that have had negative impacts on the Ummah. They allowed American troops to be deployed in Saudi Arabia, thus helping the kufaar have a stronghold on Islamic soil. They have also killed of any other dimension of hajj, making it a purely spiritual journey. These sheikhs' symbiotic relationship with the (often immoral) Saudi royals have been very harmful to our Ummah and Deen because of the amount of leverage the monarchs have on them.

you find that it contains enormous kufr, stories like graveworshiping, seeking shafa'a(intersection) through others....

I have never heard of any Muslims who worship graves instead of Allah SWT. If you know of any such group, please feel free to share that information.

Unfortunately, some Islamic sects have deemed Tawassul to be unlawful, which has led to a lot disareement amongst Muslims. Muhammad al-Baghdadi saw Tawassul as a means of attaining nearness Allah SWT. Imam Malik ibn Anas was once asked by Mansur al-Dawaniqi whether he should turn towards the tomb of the Prophet PBUH for supplication and the Imam answered;

Why do you want to turn away from the Prophet (s) when he (Prophet Muhammad (s)) is the wasilah (means) for you and for your father Adam, towards Allah on the Day of Resurrection. Turn to him (the Prophet) and seek his intercession (shafa'at).

Al-Ghazzali writes in his book "The Revival of the Religions Sciences" regarding this subject...

The Prophet should be made the means (wasilah) and the intercessor (shafi'), and with face turned towards the tomb, the pilgrim should implore Allah for the sake and position of the Prophet with the words: "O Allah, indeed You have said, Had they, who had wronged themselves, come to you and asked Allah's forgiveness and the Apostle had asked forgiveness for them, they would have certainly found Allah Most-Propitious, Most-Merciful (Holy Qur'an 4:64);

^^^^ WalCayadubillah

As we are all aware Dhaif Hadiths can be found even in the most authentic of all books namely Bukhari, Muslim

this is not true! they are called the Sahihyans( the two sahihs)

Al-Nawawi said: "The two Sahihs differ from all other books only in respect to the fact that what is in them is sahih and does not require investigation."

But inshallah Bilal you can read whatever you Like ! it was just an Naseeha(advice) from my part ....Alhamdulillah

BiLaaL   

Salafi, Jazakallah Khayr for the advice, it is much appreciated. However, let us both take heed of the following Hadith.

The Messenger (SAW) said "The man who is most hateful to God is the one who quarrels and disputes most." Bukhari and Muslim.

Rahima   

I have never heard of any Muslims who worship graves instead of Allah SWT. If you know of any such group, please feel free to share that information.

Viking, akhi, just two small points. First and foremost, which world have you been living on brother? :D

You can't be serious when you say that you have not seen such Muslims. What do you call it when someone goes to the graves (considering that there seems to be so many) of say Shaykh Cabdulqadir Jaylaani and asks for health or wealth? Is this not a form of worship? There is a reason why in every rakah of salat we pronounce "iyaaka nacbudu wa iyaaka nastaciin" (You alone do we worship and You alone do we seek assistance from). This is an action of shirk and Kufr. However, we cannot call this person a kaafir for we do not know the reason that they are doing this action of kufr, it could be out of ignorance and hence will be excused for it inshallah. This, brother, is the caqiida taught to us by Rasuallah s.c.w taught to him by our lord Allah s.w.t.

Secondly akhi, i don't believe anyone here was speaking about the Saudi culimaa' and some of their fatwas on world affairs. As much as many Muslims (including many other Saudi scholars) disagree with these fatwas, remember that the scholars of Islam receives two rewards when they are correct on the ruling of a particular issue and one reward even if they are wrong. This is the difference between the defenders of Islam (i.e. the scholars) and lay men/women like ourselves. It is for this reason that these noble human beings who are the inheritors of the prophets should be safe from our tongues even more so than the average Muslim. IT IS for this reason that we MUST revere them even if we disagree with some of their rulings. You can disagree with someone and still hold them in the highest regard- this should be our position as Muslims smile.gif .

Brother Bilaal,

I could be wrong about the shaykhs repentance of the book; I believe I am confusing it with Imam Ghazzalis Ihya Uloom ad Din. Walaahu aclum.

As long as the slave of Allah is sincere about his actions, then Allah is Al-Ghafoor.

But is it not the responsibility of the slave of Allah to seek accurate and authentic knowledge to ascertain whether or not his beliefs and actions are those prescribed by Allah?

Let’s just say that in two weeks time you had an examination on Organic chemistry- would you get from your library the most authentic books concerning this topic or books which you knew had some proven points on this topic, some still at the stage of theory and some found since its publication in 1979 as been completely false? I’m sure that you would undoubtedly opt for the first option for you know that by reading the first type of books your chances of not only passing but getting good grades will be increased. Therefore, is not your search for Islamic knowledge worthy of such stringent methods of sorting? More authentic and accurate Islamic books covering the topics covered in Fadaa-ilul-acmaal are so many, go and search for them and inshallah the risks of taking on board unislamic information will be minimised.

BiLaaL   

"But is it not the responsibility of the slave of Allah to seek accurate and authentic knowledge.."

Sister Rahima, you're right, it is the responsibility of each and every muslim to seek correct knowledge. I was simply pointing out that after undertaking this crucial first step, that we should once again turn to Allah with sincere intentions to accompany the knowledge gained.

Viking   

Rahima,

What do you call it when someone goes to the graves (considering that there seems to be so many) of say Shaykh Cabdulqadir Jaylaani and asks for health or wealth? Is this not a form of worship?

I believe that is what is ususally referred to as intercession (shifa'ah). There are Sunnis and Shi'a who practise intercession and followers of the teachings of Muhammad AbdulWahhab have been trying to stamp it out for centuries now by referring to it as 'worship', thus making it shirk.

Shifa'ah is only the right of Allah SWT, but He (whenever he wishes) extends it to certain people in his creation. There are numerous verses in the Holy Qur'an that talk about intercession and here are just a few;

"None shall have the power of intercession except such a one as has received permission or a promise from Allah the Most Gracious." (Qur'an 19:87)

"No intercessor can plead with Him except after His permission." (Qur'an 10:3)

"On that Day, no intercession shall avail, except the one from whom Allah the Most Gracious has given permission and whose word is acceptable to Him." (Qur'an 20:109)

"And they cannot intercede, except for him with whom He is pleased." (Qur'an 21:28)

This is the difference between the defenders of Islam (i.e. the scholars) and lay men/women like ourselves. It is for this reason that these noble human beings who are the inheritors of the prophets should be safe from our tongues even more so than the average Muslim. IT IS for this reason that we MUST revere them even if we disagree with some of their rulings. You can disagree with someone and still hold them in the highest regard- this should be our position as Muslims

I understand what you are saying, but where do we draw the line? When Napoleon invaded and took over Cairo, he even had influence on the revered scholars of Al-Azhar. It is said that he even made them release a fatwa claiming he was the long awaited Mahdi.

When Saddam invaded Kuwait, the saudi Ulama made the decision to invite Americans on to our holy lands and fight a fellow Muslim. The Saud monarchy uses the scholars to reach their means and that has been demonstrated since the days of Muhammad AbdulWahhab till today. The scholars have tolerated alcoholics, gamlbers and utterly immoral characters rule the Holy Land. They issued a fatwa some years back that makes the Hajj only a spiritual journey (killing off the social role the hajj has always had throughout histoy).

I am not calling them names or anything, but please don't tell me that they are beyond critisism becasue it doesn't take a nano-tech scientist to see what is going on.