Sign in to follow this  
BiLaaL

Stories of The Sahabah: Fear Of Allah

I quoted the following surahs that show that intercession is permissible;

al-Nisaa 4.64...

"O Allah, indeed You have said, Had they, who had wronged themselves, come to you and asked Allah's forgiveness and the Apostle had asked forgiveness for them, they would have certainly found Allah Most-Propitious, Most-Merciful"

Viking, your testimonies that make Shafa’a justifiable, is to say the least fallacious given that Surah Nisaa is addressing the hypocrites and Surah Mariam is relevant to the day of Resurrection. One merely needs to revise the ayahs proceeding and those ensuing, to arrive at an unassailable insight.

SurAH NISAA!

(61)And when it is said to them: "Come to what Allâh has sent down and to the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)," you (Muhammad SAW) see the hypocrites turn away from you (Muhammad SAW) with aversion.

Then the next ayat

(62)

How then, when a catastrophe befalls them because of what their hands have sent forth, they come to you swearing by Allâh, "We meant no more than goodwill and conciliation!"

Then the next ayat

(63)

They are those of whom Allâh knows what is in their hearts; so turn aside from them (do not punish them) but admonish them, and speak to them an effective word (i.e. to believe in Allâh, worship Him, obey Him, and be afraid of Him) to reach their inner selves.

Then

“We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allâh's Leave. If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves, had come to you (Muhammad SAW) and begged Allâh's Forgiveness, and the Messenger had begged forgiveness for them: indeed, they would have found Allâh All-Forgiving (One Who accepts repentance), Most Merciful.â€

Clearly the ayah refers to the Hypocrites, who should have sought exoneration for their Baatil conduct, not the true believers as you assert!

Suratul Maryam 19:87

"None shall have the power of intercession except such a one as has received permission or a promise from Allah the Most Gracious."

In tafsir Ibn Kathir,

This ayah is made clear and comprehensible under the heading:

The Condition of the Righteous and Criminals on the Day of Resurrection

Thus intercession is only official on the day Of Qiyama!

The practise of grave worshipping or (permissible intercession as you would have it)

Some Muslims belief that dead awliyaa' ("saints") can fulfil one's needs or help at times of distress, and calling upon them for aid. They travel immense distances in order to worship tombs. They reason that the dwellers of the graves are righteous people who could intercede before Allah on their behalf and hence get their prayers accepted, WalCayadubillah,

however it’s to the highest degree of Shirk (associating partners with Allah) By what means do they embark on these concept when Allah the Majestic said the following

"Verily you cannot make the dead hear " [surah an-Naml 27:80]

Allah commanded the Prophet (PBUH) to say:

"Say: I have no power to bring good or avert harm from myself, It is only as Allah wills. If I had knowledge of the unseen, I would surely have accumulated only good and no harm would have befallen me. But I am only a Warner and a bringer of glad tidings for those who believe." (7:188)

Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet (saws) said: "Allah has angels who travel about the earth; they [do and will] convey to me the peace greeting from my ummah." [Authentically reported by Abu Dawud]

"May Allah’s curse be on the Jews and Christians for taking the graves of their Prophets as places of worship."

Visiting the graves is from the Sunnah, but there is the appropriate and the amiss form of visiting the graves. Grave visiting should be a reminder and good advice for us, to invoke Allah’s forgiveness and mercy for the deceased brothers/sisters, making invocation for them, and then departing. One should not seek help (whether is good or bad) from the dead! Its shirk(associating partners with Allah)

Women Are not allowed to visit Graves nor follow funeral procession because of their emotional weakness, The Prophet(saw) said to some women whom he saw going to visit the graves, He said(saw)â€GO back, Earning a sin rather then a reward, for verily you cause fitnah to the living and bother the dead.†And then he said to his daughter Fatimah,†If you Reach with them the to graveyard, you would not enter Paradise†Hadith Al-minbar

About the sheikh you mentionned, ibn Baz, and his rulings, didn't he say that the earth was flat? How could that be "in the best interest of the Muslims"? This is man who died a few years ago, after the invention of the satelite and numerous other scientific endeavors that refute his claim. These are things I don't understand.

Are you probing the authenticity of the fatwa or affirming it? Because your strings of words seem to be doing both!

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Hey folks if you want to argue back and forth

ALL DAY and NIGHT then take it up on some other thread. You guys are already doing that in 3 or 4 other threads.

LETS GET BACK TO THE TOPIC

BILAAL_07 saxib, hit is up with more stories.

You know I'm a sucker for these stories

cause they put me to shame as a muslim

who considers coming on time to work more important than getting up for fajr (Psychologically, I make that mistake alot of times!) and also take many, many, many things for granted. :(

Fi Amanillah

BiLaaL   

Khayr it is my pleasure to do so. Posting these stories is as much a reminder for myself as for anyone else. One thing we should remember is that these are not just 'stories' or ancient fairytales, but actual happenings and circumstances. The beautiful ways in which our Prophet(p.b.u.h) and his Sahabah handled them may seem extroadinary to our sinful and weak hearts, but that doesn't make it just a 'story' for us to read and forget. We must ponder over them and train our hearts to react in the noble ways of our prophet(p.b.u.h) and his Sahabah in every aspect of our lives and in every situation or circumstance.

-The Prophet's (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam) reprimand on the Sahabah's Laughing.

Once, the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam) came to the Mosque for Salaat, where he noticed some people laughing and giggling. He remarked:

If you remembered your death, I would not see you like this. Think of your death often. Not a single day passes when the grave does not call out, 'I am a wilderness, I am a place of dust, I am a place of worms.' When a believer is laid in the grave, it says, 'Welcome to you. It is good of you to have come into me. Of all the people walking on the earth, I liked you best. Now that you have come into me, you will see how I entertain you'. It then expands as far as the occupant can see. A door from Paradise is opened for him in the grave and, through this door, he gets the fresh and fragrant air of Paradise.

But when an evil man is laid in the grave it says, 'No word of welcome for you. Your coming into me is very bad for you. Of all the persons walking on the earth, I disliked you most. Now that you have been made over to me, you will see how I treat you!' It then closes upon him so much that his ribs of one side penetrate into the ribs of the other. As many as seventy serpents are then set upon him, to keep biting him till the Day of Resurrection. These serpents are so venomous that if one of them happened to spurt its venom upon the earth, not a single blade of grass would ever grow.

After this, the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam) said, "The grave is either a garden of Paradise or a pit of Hell."

Fear of Allah is the basic and essential qualification of a Muslim. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam) advised the believers to remember death, off and on, and to keep the fear of Allah ever present in their hearts.

BiLaaL   

Here is one for the sisters...

Hadhrat Asma (Radhiyallaho Anha) Pacifies her Grandfather.

When Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho) emigrated to Madinah in the company of the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam), he took with him all his money, thinking that the Prophet might need it. It was about 6,000 dirhams. After his departure, his father Abu Quhafah (who was blind and who had not till then accepted Islam) came to express his sympathy with his granddaughters.

Hadhrat Asma (Radhiyallaho Anha) says:

Our grandfather came to us and said, "Your father has shocked you with his migration to Madinah, and seems to have put you to further hardship by taking all his money with him."

I said, "No grandfather, do not worry. He has left a lot of things for us."

I collected some pebbles and deposited them in the recess where my father used to keep his money. I covered it with a cloth. I then took my grandfather to the place and placed his hand over the cloth. He thought that the recess was really full of dirhams.

He remarked, "It is good that he has left something for you to live on."

By Allah, my father had not left a single dirham for us. I played this trick simply to pacify my grandfather.

Look at this brave Muslim girl. Strictly speaking, the girls needed more consolation than their grandfather. Judged by normal course of things, they should have complained of their destitution to their grandfather to win his sympathy, as there was nobody else in Mecca to extend them any sympathy or help. But Allah had given such a frame of mind to Muslim men and women of those days that everything they did was really wonderful and worthy of emulation.

Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho) was quite a well-to-do person in the beginning, but he always spent liberally in the path of Allah. At the time of Tabuk, he contributed all that he possessed.

The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe Wasallam) once said:

Nobody's wealth has benefited me so much as that of Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho). I have compensated everybody for the good done to me, except Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho Anho). He shall be compensated by Allah Himself.