Sign in to follow this  
OLOL

Do you know good Somali leader?

OLOL   

For forty five years, pathetic Somali leaders were and still remain the main culprits of destroying our economy, society and country which became the text-book example of failed state.

In all these years, these so-called Somali leaders have indulged in a irresponsible clannish rivalry of corruption, nepotism, profligacy. Most of our leaders violated our rights with impunity and we actually cherished and rewarded these thugs because of clan allegiance. the consequence of this esteem is that we have now criminal worlords as president, minister or parliamentarian.

It is universally accepted that substandard leadership has a direct correlation to development of a nation. The root cause of Somalia’s endemic problems has partly been traced to leaders coming from clannish background. These appalling leaders are generally known to have created despicable conflicts, misused and abused power and driven their people further into poverty.

It is very important that for Somalia to reclaim its rightful position in the international community, it must do something about its “terrible so-called leaders.â€

So here is the question: Do you know any Somali person who could be a candidate, someone who could become our Mandela? Ghandi? Mahathir? who could get us of this horrifying disarray?

Just name few good men and women you could think of who could become great leaders if given the opportunity and could come up with a different solution to our tragedy?

Those you nominate must have good qualities. They must be educated, free of tribalism, have no criminal record, have good character and wisdom. They must be honest and good Muslims.

Please no warlords or the thugs we have known in the past.

Let me repeat this: no warlords, no one from the current politicians or past politicians....no clannish elder or anyone who supports them.

Leadership cannot just go along to get along. Leadership must meet the moral challenge of the day.

for this Quote c/y fits in quit well cause he does meet the moral challenge of the day that is facing our country

Jesse Jackson quotes

The leader shows that style is no substitute for substance, that creating an impression is more potent than acting from one's center.

Lao Tzu quotes

O philosophy, you leader of life.

Marcus Tullius Cicero quotes

A leader is the wave pushed ahead by the ship.

Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy quotes

A true leader always keeps an element of surprise up his sleeve, which others cannot grasp but which keeps his public excited and breathless.

Charles de Gaulle quotes

Volunteer activities can foster enormous leadership skills. The non professional volunteer world is a laboratory for self-realization.

Mae West quotes

Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.

John Maxwell quotes

The most important quality in a leader is that of being acknowledged as such. All leaders whose fitness is questioned are clearly lacking in force.

Andre Maurois quotes

The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the scrap heap.

Ayn Rand quotes

A leader has to lead, or otherwise he has no business in politics.

Harry S Truman quotes

Brother we have a leader their is no need to look for other's let us see what this one does let the leader lead and if he can do that he has no business in politics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

someone who could become our Mandela? Ghandi? Mahathir?

I swear your post would have be an excellent one (yep I admit) if you didn't include insults, and added Prophet Muhammmed (SCW) in your list of great leaders. smile.gif

OLOL   

ALLAH recognizes the prophet in the quran as:

" Wa-inaka lacalaa khuliqin cathiim"

- And verily, you (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) are on an exalted standard of character-

And Verily, You (Muhammad (PBUH) you have been created with awsome character "

so you want me to include him here? you have a twisted mind!

Nomadic- I love my beloved Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him and It will be a blasphemy to compare anyone to our beloved prophet.

No, I won't do that and I am talking about contemporary leaders and not prophets and meesangers of Allah. We have their example in our religious books and no one has ever managed to follow their foot-steps. It is impossible to compare divinely guided prophets with current world leaders.

so can you think of anyone who could be a good somali leader?

It will be a blasphemy to compare anyone to our beloved prophet.

I haven't stated in anywhere to "compare" these average men to the prophet Muhammed (scw), but I did mean that you should put the prophet Muhammed (scw) as a rolde model for our leaders and people.

Duufaan   

"Please no warlords or the thugs we have known in the past.'

stop worry man. just assume the old man is better Adeer Isbaaro, than probably you will do fine.

my grandpa use to tell me about the folks who fought and died for our independence! and they were super heroes!

and unfortunatley, they mostly passed away! may Allah guide them to heaven! they really worth it..!

other than that! all i have seen so far is qabil sucker or warlorad leaders! have u seen any good ones lately? :eek:

Nephissa   

Originally posted by OLOL:

Those you nominate must have good qualities. They must be educated, free of tribalism, have no criminal record, have good character and wisdom. They must be honest and good Muslims.

Unrealistic requirements! Care to revise?