Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Somaliland foils ONLF plan!

Liqaye   

Eritrea Providing Military Training For Hundreds Of ONLF Fighters

Hargeisa (SL Times)

An Operation for smuggling insurgents into Ethiopia foiled as Somaliland security forces arrest 34 Eritrea-trained ONLF Combatants and uncover infiltration route running through Djibouti and Somaliland.

Hargeisa (SL Times) – The Somaliland Security Forces have foiled an operation for smuggling a group of combatants with suspected ONLF ties into eastern Ethiopia. All the group’s 34 members were arrested by the police. The arrests were believed to have taken place between Nov 29 and Dec 1, 2003.

The 34 suspects were remanded in custody on Thursday (Dec 4) by a Hargeisa court. According to Somaliland Police Commissioner Mohamed Egeh, state prosecutors will deal with the case in front of a Somaliland Court. The arrested men were expected to be at least charged with endangering the country’s national security and violating the country’s immigration laws.

According to police sources, a number of suspects have already confessed that all members of their group belonged to the ****** National Liberation Movement, an armed militia group fighting the Ethiopian government in areas inhabited by the ****** clan in the Somali state of Ethiopia known as Zone 5.

Though police investigations are still under way, all those who had been interrogated so far, confessed that they underwent military training in Eritrea and came to Somaliland via Djibouti.

According to sources close to the police, the suspects were among the first batch of ONLF combatants to graduate from Kalena and Addis Maskal training camps in Eritrea. Between 700 and 1200 ONLF recruits were receiving training at the two camps. The batch consisting of 100 men divided into 3 sub-groups was planned to infiltrate into Ethiopia through Djibouti and then Somaliland. At least one of the remaining two sub-groups made up of 33 men each was confirmed to have left Hargeisa for the Ethiopian border by end of last month.

However, shortly after crossing into Ethiopia on the night of Nov 27, this sub-group was intercepted within the vicinity of Bali-Gubadle village about 80km south of Hargeisa.

In the ensuing fighting, 2 ONLF insurgents were reportedly killed while another 2 were taken prisoner. A group of nomads from the area were believed to have joined the fighting along side the Ethiopian Security Forces. One of the nomads was confirmed dead while another was wounded. It was not yet known whether the Ethiopian regular security forces had take any casualties as a result of the clash. The remaining ONLF fighters (30) managed to escape going south into Zone five's hinterland. They were again intercepted at Dusmo, about 200km south of Hargeisa, located between Aware and Dhagahbur. The Ethiopians were reported to have lost 6 men in this clash. Dusmo is located in an area inhabited by member of the ****** clan.

Ordinary Somalilanders were shocked by the news that the ONLF was using Somaliland territories for staging infiltration operations. They were also angered by the ONLF Chairman's statement on Tuesday, that his group will respond to the Hargeisa arrests by taking reprisals against Somaliland nomads in Zone 5. Though the ****** co-inhabit Zone 5 with other Somali groups, the ONLF chairman claimed that the whole territory belonged only to members of his clan.

Already a number of Isaaak men were reported to have been killed by Ogadeeni insurgents in various parts of Zone 5. The ONLF chairman (Mr. Mohammed Omar Osman) who lives in London was interviewed by the BBC Somali Service on Tuesday. He served under the regime of Somalia’s former dictator, Siyad Barre, in the position of Admiral of the Somali Navy.

measure taken by s.land goverment was pure and an act war against the brother s.galbeed,this is not the first time that s.land goverment had sold s.galbeed freedom fighter to ethiopian fuedlism.historicaaly snm was founded on the basis to stop the 77 freedom struglles.the consequence of their action will be absolutely devastating,in both economically and pollitacaly.in economy becuase somalilanders know that if somalgalbeed exercise sanction agisnt somalilanders the whole basis of their economy in somali will completely collapseswe s.galbeed people had restrain enough we can't continoue this policywe will retaliate soon if somaliland doest imediately free those freedom fighter.do s.landers feel shame of the complete egonism,don't they feel shame when eirtrea support s.galbeed freedomfighters and they (somaliland)hands them over to ethiopian dictatorship.do they think that by doing so they will gain somali support?

s.galbeed freedom fighter enjoyd the suport of ordinary s.land people but the so called somaliland goverment trys to buy ethiopian relation at the expense of losing s.galbeed regone. let somallanders know that s.galbeed will never forget that kind of action.huugaan> if u think ****** clan is the only people fighting against ethiopian colonial u got it wrong,or at least u turing blind eye,oromo.afar,ahmara and all other ethinic group want to get freedom from ethiopian backwardness.it seems to me that u are very happy of killing and death of s.galbeed freedomfighters, but ur opinion will not make dffirence,s.galbeed had alway been and remains too be the leader of freedom both in somalia and ****** regone.we will not stop untill we reach our aim which is free state of s.galbeed,prosprity.while somalilander louderly calling for separation s.galbeed alway stick to policics of greater somalia.they based their rules and constitutions on the S.Y.L ideal ideas.

measure taken by s.land goverment was pure and an act war against the brother s.galbeed,this is not the first time that s.land goverment had sold s.galbeed freedom fighter to ethiopian fuedlism.historicaaly snm was founded on the basis to stop the 77 freedom struglles.the consequence of their action will be absolutely devastating,in both economically and pollitacaly.in economy becuase somalilanders know that if somalgalbeed exercise sanction agisnt somalilanders the whole basis of their economy in somali will completely collapseswe s.galbeed people had restrain enough we can't continoue this policywe will retaliate soon if somaliland doest imediately free those freedom fighter.do s.landers feel shame of the complete egonism,don't they feel shame when eirtrea support s.galbeed freedomfighters and they (somaliland)hands them over to ethiopian dictatorship.do they think that by doing so they will gain somali support?

s.galbeed freedom fighter enjoyd the suport of ordinary s.land people but the so called somaliland goverment trys to buy ethiopian relation at the expense of losing s.galbeed regone. let somallanders know that s.galbeed will never forget that kind of action.huugaan if u think ****** clan is the only people fighting against ethiopian colonial u got it wrong,or at least u turing blind eye,oromo.afar,ahmara and all other ethinic group want to get freedom from ethiopian backwardness.it seems to me that u are very happy of killing and death of s.galbeed freedomfighters, but ur opinion will not make dffirence,s.galbeed had alway been and remains too be the leader of freedom both in somalia and ****** regone.we will not stop untill we reach our aim which is free state of s.galbeed,prosprity.while somalilander louderly calling for separation s.galbeed alway stick to policics of greater somalia.they based their rules and constitutions on the S.Y.L ideal ideas.

Riyaale's administration is desparate for world recognition which I hope they get soon so they might stop pleasing Ethiopia and licking Milazawe's butt. This is not the first time Riyaale and the midwife admin did such a despeacable acts of handing their somali brothers and sisters to ruthless dictator.

Liqaye, what is your point of posting this anyway?

i think the isolation that the somalilands governments sufures at the moment and their close relationship with the Ethios forces them to prove that they are worthy of support/friendship and if slands existance depends on this kind of service to Ethiopeans then ONLF (which i don't support) should sacrifice few of their members to help their hopeless brothers to survive.

These are some parts of an article I came across!

waxaa mudan in layswaydiiyo, ujeedooyinka ama hadafka ay Hargaysa ka leedahay dhaqankan foosha xun ay wali ku sii-socoto tan iyo intii ay samaysatay maamulka sida dilaalka u dhaqma. Hadaan, su’aalo toos ah is-waydiino maamulka Hargaysa ama hadaan carabkaba ku dhufano dadka sl oo ka gaabsaday inay cambaareeyaan Qab-qablayaasha hormoodka u ah, MA KA MAARMI KARAAN DARISKOODA? MISE IN LALA XISAABTAMI DOONO AYAAN QORSHA UGU JIRIN??

{“Hadaba, hadaan, wax yar oo gaaban, dib ugu noqono taariikhda, shalay ayey ahayd markii dadka sl, dadka dariskooda ku cambaaraynayeen qaxootinimo, af-lagaado iyo sumcad dil faro badan oo aan dadka ****** marnaba ka sugaynin ama ka malaysanaynin –1977. Waxaa taa xigay in dadkii Isaaqu soo qaxeen oo dhul iyo degaan ****** magan u soo noqdeen -1988. Xilligaa, dadkii ****** gacmo furan iyo walaaltinimo wayn ayaa qaxootigii dadka sl lagu soo dhaweeyey.Waxaa meesha laga saaray in dad soo baro kacay oo Somaliya oo dhaqan, diin iyo luuqadba la wadaago lagu wiirsado ama lagu jees-jeeso. Arrintu si kastaba haw dhacdee, waxaan ognahay in qaxootinimadu ayna ahayn shay dookha balse ay tahay musiibo Rabaani ah oo Eebe adoomihiisa cida uu isagu u garto ku salido,cidna lagu ceebayn karin. Hadaynu tusaale yar soo qaadano, Abwaan Dubad Hiirad, isagoo tilmaamayo waayo aragnimada Adamiga iyo sida marxaladuhu isu bedeli karaan, waa kii lahaa:

“Adoo xalay dib jirey caawa, waa lagu durduuraaye

Dayr iyo xagaa laydhu, ways daba maraysaaye

Hadduu doobke buuxsamo inuu, daato waw halise

. Durbana wuu kibraa sedo, ninkay dacasha saartaaye””}

“Maadaama, sl hada uun ay is-moodsanyihiin inay salka dhulka dhigeen, wuxuu caqliga habooni ‘conventional wisdom’ ku talin lahaa nabad iyo is-xaqdhawr inay ka shaqeeyaan oo “daan-daansiga” iyo “danaystenimada” ay ka guuraan. Waxaynu la wada soconaa, in maanta aduunku isu wada baahanyahay oo lagu jiro xili lagu tilmaamo “global village age” oo lagu macaamiltamo: qaado ana isii –quid pro quo. Xaqiiqada se markaan u leexano, siyaasiyiinta gobolada Waqooyi Galbeed, waxay dan moodsanyihiin inay dariskooda kula dhaqmaan siyaasad faashil oo dhiig-miirtenimo iyo danaysi asaaskeedu ahaa. Hadana, is-qafaalasho iyo is-iibsi lagu sii qurxiyey.”

Qore: Qamaan

Gabbal   

if slands existance depends on this kind of service to Ethiopeans then ONLF (which i don't support) should sacrifice few of their members to help their hopeless brothers to survive.

Sooyaal you might as well just say you are an ardent supporter of the Riyaale "administration".

Despicable walee, to even begin to think over of handing your freedom fighting brother to raw-meat eating habeshas.

If "Somalilands" existence depends on Ethiopia then why seek recognition? Recognition means that you are a sovereign nation,capable of running your state.

If you're not ready to jump a bridge, why jump?

The dominant image I have of Riyaale is that he is just another president loosing grip on domestic issues. This latest developement, if true, proves that a support from a powerful neighbour like Ethiopia is all necessary for the survival of any regime in the horn.

OLF is not and was never the enemy of Somaliland. Infact such instance of rebellion gets sympathy from the average lander who sees Ethiopia as nothing but a centuries old amxaaro gumayse.

Soyaal, saxib check the following remark from a "die-hard separatist".

Cusman9.jpg

"Caqliqa caafimaadka qabaa ma liqi karo ONLF baa hawlgallo ka fulisa Somaliland, Diblomaasiyadda Siyaasadda, dhaqanka Soomaalida iyo diinka Islaamkaba waa ku ceeb in dhiigga socotada iyo maganta laga dayo saaxiibtinimo cid kale. Itoobiyana si’ sidaa ka suubban oo ka sharaf badan ayaynu xidhiidhkeeda ku hagaajin karraa”

May Allah bring freedom to the Somali people under the Amxaaro rule.

Observer   

Isnt it peculiar when the so call somaliland regime want an independent from thier somali brothers/sisters, on the other hand; handing the to poor people who really are oppressed and persecuted on daily basis to historically well known enemy of ISLAM and somali? This is dark history which is norm for somaliland regime. If being "dabodhilif" to amxaro worth it, so be it.

Soyaal

I understand your ambition to be recognize but not in SUCH A DISGRACEFUL WAY SXB. I know this is a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't think I stand alone when I tell you that, be it your previous posting which is removed by admin. is full of "gutter-trash" and are hovering inch-close to complete worthlessness. Your bigotry and norrow mindness, which I abhore, will not get you or anyone else anywhere.

I AM AFFRAID REYALEE AND ALIKE MIGHT EVEN SELL THIER RELIGION MERELY TO PLEASE AMAXARO. FALSE?

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

May Allah bring freedom to the Somali people under the Amxaaro rule.

Amiin!

I AM AFFRAID REYALEE AND ALIKE MIGHT EVEN SELL THIER RELIGION MERELY TO PLEASE AMAXARO.

Haven't they already? I mean what else is left when you expose your brothers and sisters in ISLAM merely fighting for their freedom against kuffars (true meaning of jihad). I wonder when they will stop kissing the A$$ of the kufars...what will they get out of it?..anything more than a little pat on the shoulder and a job well done...your the best dabadhilifs Ethiopia ever had, now go on and get us some more of your people to make the prey list of the day?? Subaxanallah.

The end might justify the means to these people for now, but Allah (swt) is just and they will surely get their jazaa!!!

Sayfulaah...very well said walal!

Liqaye   

Walaal Xarbi War la'aani waa dhego laaan.

Markas na rer-somaliland waxay garteen, Waa baahan tahay bakhtiga looma cuno.

Somaliland can not be built upon somali galbeed repression.

But on the other hand the ONLF is not and never will be freedom movement for somali galbeed.

why remove the W from WSLF to O for there own clan.

As well as all the nonsense about the hawd.

Safullah maybe we will debate it more indepth on another day.

first of all i'm not somalilander and i'm definitely not Reyale supporter but i can totally understand why they did what they did.

Horn

politics is far from emotional nor has any moral bases. its only calculating what is working for you and how to survive. sland kick out and some times put in jail many people from somali proper ie. Konfor because they consider them as foreigners what about those from Western somalia, they definitely consider as Ethiopians. People from western somalia and ONLF in particular must understand these new realities and act upon it. Every muslum country is doing same thing working with any body else to get help and support. its not reyale the first person who did this cooperation with Ethiopeans Egal did, so A/lahi yusuf, mohamed dheere and so forth. and when they get the recognition then sovereign nations change course as they please.

Libaax thanks for your advice but does your friend "die hard" have any better way to get recognition?

Observer

Soyaal

I understand your ambition to be recognize but not in SUCH A DISGRACEFUL WAY SXB. I know this is a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't think I stand alone when I tell you that, be it your previous posting which is removed by admin. is full of "gutter-trash" and are hovering inch-close to complete worthlessness. Your bigotry and norrow mindness, which I abhore, will not get you or anyone else anywhere.

after all you're one of conspirators who hide behind moral high ground to censor the opinions of other people. I'm sorry but you're far removed from the reality of what is happening in the horn of africa. whether you like or not the lion ie. amxaaro as you may call it or more appropriately Ethiopeans are running the show. they are pulling any one in the region and no one is cabaple of doing anything they oppose. And about the ONLF they better sign peace with Ethiopeans or find alternative way to fight may be using comercial planes to hit Hotel wabi shabeele etc.

Observer   

SXB, I amm not far from reality as you neither think nor delude myself in state of illusion as Reyalee and his admin. Two things you and many of us here in SOL should understant are, first, for Amxaro Somaali waa u Somaali whether one is their puppet or not. Expecting any mercy from them is as anything but believing in SANTA CLUAUSE. If Reyalee or anyone in this matter believe they will get a sympathy by merely showing such a high level of submissivness and by tetaining innocent people because they are from "certain" qabil is WRONG. In my ethincal boundary such a dabadhilifnimo is shameful not mention sharafdhac to the entire somali poplation.

Second, the truth is, your "lions" as you claim them to be are on a verge of dying. Soon the we will witness Ethiopia is divided into many part. And that is not my fantasy it is real. It is a matter of when. Being born and raised in Addis Ababa i deeply know what is going on in that part of the world far better than most in here.

About signing peace with weyanee, thank you for you advice, intaas may-san garanwaayin. No one detest peace, whereas, we a diginified peace. It seems, you recall the wabi shabele tragedy huh? And sadly you care less to what is happening to those helpless women and children suffering under Weyanee.

My last word to those dabodhilifs.. god khyayano ha qodin hadaad qodana ha dheereyn.

INSHA ALLAH WE WILL BE FREE SOON

Observer   

SOLIDARITY COMMITTEE FOR ETHIOPIAN POLITICAL PRISONERS (SOCEPP)

POSTFACH 61034010925

BERLIN, GERMANY

P.O.BOX 21526 WASHINGTON DC 20009

U.S.A.,

SOCEPP-CANADA, P.O.BOX, 413, STATION E ,

TORONTO, ONTARIO,M6H 4E3,CANADA

E-MAILl: Socepp@aol.com

December 15/2003

DISAPPERANCES

A number of refugees from the ****** region, handed over to the EPRDF by the authorities of Somaliland, have disappeared while in custody. The government of Prime Minister Meles Zenawi, denounced previously by SOCEPP for its gross violation of rights in the ******, has once again refused to give account of the "disappeared".

The following are some of the people handed over by Somaliland to the EPRDF at a border post called Baligubadle. The detainees were taken to Jijiga and consequently to Harar before being "disappeared". We have the names of the following:

1. Mukhtar Moalin Yusuf

2. Khadar Abdi Haji

3. Mustafa Sheikh

4. Hussein Moalin

5. Abdiaziz Ahmed

6. Badel aw Ahmed

7. Ahmed Dahir

8. Abdi Haji

The authorities in Somaliland have now detained many refugees from Ethiopia and there are reports that as of December 4/2003 a group of EPRDF security men are in Hargeisa trying to pick those they want from the detained refugees. It is to be noted that the authorities in Ethiopia and Somaliland have close relations on matters of security cooperation. Reportedly, at least two anti-EPRDF organizations, the ****** National Liberation Front and the Oromo Liberation Front have sympathizers amidst the refugees in Somaliland. There are also some officers and soldiers of the former military government of Mengistu Haile Mariam and most fear for their lives if they are to return to Ethiopia.