Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Kismayu: Fighting kills 7

Gabbal   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Gabbal is wrong. Clan has nothing to do with this. The Kismayo admin that was set up before came to expire. It was commissioned for six months. It was between three Islamic entities; Alshabab, Caanoole, and Kambooni groups.

Now both Kambooni and Canoole groups are demanding a new admin be established. Alshabaab is agreeing in principle but is suggesting few modifications. This fight i have no clue how it started but the city was tense past few weeks.

Gabal as always is good at injecting tribal politics where it does not belong

I have said this and more in my second post preceding yours.

I will add this; Caanoole is irrelevant and Al Shabaab has not agreed even "in principal" to allow a change of administration.

Ras Kambooni has been licking their concerns until Madoobe came back into the city recently and this is the cause for the more "loud" opposition to the Al Shabaab administration. This is where the problem is emanating from and with the facturing of the Xisbul Islaam co-chaired by Turki, Kambooni is without more national players and this is the why recent contact between Kamboni and Caanoole and the other groups in the region has been taking place at the expense of Al Shabaab.

Wa billahi tawfiq.

Heshiis Ay Wada Gaareen Xoogaga Islaamiyiinta Kismaayo

Wararka naga soo gaaraya magaalada Kismaayo ee Gobolka Jubada hoose ayaa sheegaya in kadib markii maalhii ugu dambeeyay ay xiisado xoogan ka dhasheen is-faham darro xoogan oo soo kala dhex gashay Horjoogayaasha Maleeshiyaadka Shababka ee Ksimaayo & kuwo Dugsiga Raskambooni & Dugsiga Caanoole oo dhinac kale ah, xiisadani oo salka ku haysa maamulka magaalada & kan Gobolka oo markii horey lagu heshiisyay iney meerto noqoto.

Wararka hordhaca ah ayaa tilmaamaya in Heshiis guud oo hordhaca ah ay wada gaareen Horjoogayaasha Shababka, Dugsiga Raskambooni & Kan Caanoole, kadib markii muddoo maalmo kulamo adag oo dood adagi ay ka dhalatay dhex martay dhinacyadaani taasoo xiliayada gaartay hanjabaado & cabsi gelin dagaal oo ka dhaca magaalada Kismaayo, ayaa markii dambe la sheegay in heshiiskani guud ay wada gaareen dhinacyadani kadib markii ay tanaasulaad badan muujiyeen Horjoogayaasha Dugsiga Raskambooni, kuwaasoo u oggolaaday in shax cusub oo salka ku heysa saami qeybsi cusub oo ay soo diyaariyeen, hor dhigay dhinacyada kale, kuwaasoo oggolaaday.

Xogtaani ayaa sheegtay in Shaxdani cusub ay ka kooban tahay sidaan Horjoogayaasha Maleeshiyaadka Shababka ayaa la siiyay saami dhan 40% dhaqaalaha ka soo xaroonaaya Dekada, garoonka & magaalada.

Halka Dugsiga Raskambooni loo oggolaaday iney qaateen 30/% dhaqaalaha iyo maamulka Gobolka, sidoo kale Dugsiga Caanoole ayaa la sheegay in lagu maslaxeeyay iney qaataan 30/% dhaqaalaha iyo maamulka Degmada Kismaayo.

Go'aankani ayaa la filayaa inuu dhowaan hirgelo oo Maamulka magaalada ee uu gacanta ku hayay Ibraahim Xaaji Jaamac Meecaad (Ibraahim Akhani) uu wareejiyo, lamana yaqaano halka uu xil kale ka qaban doono, iyadoo warar hoose ay sheegayaan in loo xil saaray inuu madax u noqdo wixii ka haray maleeshiyaadka Muqdisho ee Shababka, iyadoo xiisado colaadeed oo xoogan ay u dhaxeeyaan iyaga & saraakiisha Maxkamadihii Islaamiga.

Gabbal   

Al Shabaab doesn't make concessions for 30%, 50%, 10% awoowe. They do not see themselves as a group, a faction. They see themselves as the administration, as the law. Before you start bombarding us with copy and past emanating from Somali rumor mills make sure you understand how these guys think. :D

Awoowe waqacta calaa khabirin when you are talking to me. Jabiso has never been part of this. But Caanoole deny as much as you want but are the principle architects of Kismayo admin. They are not clans rather they comprise various mucaskars and their presence is felt not only in Kismayo but in far away cities like luuq, Baardheere, and Xamar in different arrangements, just like the Kambooni mucaskars is. These are stuff that you may not understand or make sense to you brother. But it's happening right before your eyes. There is no Gedo in this as much as you would like to inject into this discussion. In fact clan politics has significantly diminished in Kismayo wal xamdulilaah.

It’s true that alshabaab team has all Somalis in it that includes folks who hail from Gedo region. But that should not be construed to mean those folks hailing from Gedo represent or defend perceived tribal interests,

Finnally, there is committe set up to mediate these groups to avoid war. And hopefully this will not result in war.

EDIT: I just saw Duke's post and it's not far from how things will be settled. The sticking point has been alshabaab demanding 50-50 split, conceding both governership and mayor. But Kambooni has vehemently rejected that proposal. Alshabaab also wanted both Caanoole and Kambooni come to the table as xizbul Islam as they are when in other regions like Xamar, but both rejected that proposal too.

^^^What are you on about saxib, you are contradicting yourself. The admin that exists came about a sharing system where different groups shared the admin, this included the ones that are negotiating right now. Thus if they shared before now that they are not so powerful they will share again. :D

But you know better, like how Hiiraale is coming back with militias, when he is naked sitting under a tree complaining his mothers farm was robed by Al Shabaab. :D

Gabbal   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^lool. Barre and his militia will never come back to Kismayu, that’s an old redundant dream , the mans mothers farm was looted a few days ago and he has no more militias. also Turki is under pressure from the local population to make changes as the remit for the admin has long seized and Al Shabaab are under great pressure in Mogadishu and also there is a growing rift in Baidoa and hence do not have the stomack to lose their allies in Kismayu. Turki has sided with his deputy and companion in Hizbul Islam Shiekh Mohamed Mire chief of the growing power that is Canoole.

As always juvenile banter but you should cease remarking on mothers. That is a very inappropriate thing to politicize.

With that said, head Al Shabaab have brought back the equipment and have apologized for the gaffe promising justice against the misguided youth who undertook that action.

Maamulka Alshabaab ee Degmada Baardheere oo dib u celiyey Qalab Matooro Iyo Alaabo Kale Oo maalmo ka hor laga soo qaadey Xerada Muuri

Gabbal   

Awoowe waqacta calaa khabirin when you are talking to me. Jabiso has never been part of this. But Caanoole deny as much as you want but are the principle architects of Kismayo admin. They are not clans rather they comprise various mucaskars and their presence is felt not only in Kismayo but in far away cities like luuq, Baardheere, and Xamar in different arrangements, just like the Kambooni mucaskars is. These are stuff that you may not understand or make sense to you brother. But it's happening right before your eyes. There is no Gedo in this as much as you would like to inject into this discussion. In fact clan politics has significantly diminished in Kismayo wal xamdulilaah.

It’s true that alshabaab team has all Somalis in it that includes folks who hail from Gedo region. But should not be construed to mean those folks hailing from Gedo represent or defend perceived tribal interests,

Finnally, there is committe set up to mediate these groups to avoid war. And hopefully this will not result in war.

That is your problem. Your achilles hill is your own inability to comprehend a simple fact because of a cannotation it might hold for Gedo groups. Sometimes I think you believe the Gedo groups are more capable of things even they do not believe.

I think this was the first point I made:

Originally posted by Gabbal:

Not at all Nuune, because the clans themselves are not central to the picture. It is the Islamist groups who are challenging each other (what we would call "xiniinyo-taabasho") . Naturally Ras Kamboni has its supporters, for clan reasons or not, on one side and Al Shabaab has been taking a very pro-active move to ally themselves with the Gedo side recently.

^^I am not blind to the primary actors but whether there is contact between the clans mentioned and actors specified and why they have those contacts is for those who have access to it to confirm. Continue observing.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

I have a feeeling in Caanoole meesha lagu riixayo ee uusan actorska Kismaayo big ka hayn. what do I know I am badow.

You are not as badow as you seem to think. :D

looooooool@Gedo being my achilles hill

Gedo we love it, but it's no Kismayo. Add that, today Kismayo politics has nothing to do with a warlord who once dreamed creating a Jubbaland centered in Bardhere. That you still mention Barre as a potentail contender for Kismayo rule is quite telling...

Gabbal adeer : No one is politicizing the dudes mother it was him stating and crying that "Al Shabaab" looted his families farm, it showed how far he fell down to earth.

As for the locals and their demands and this admin issue, I support the admin to get an extension since this admin came about the locals have made a great comeback in terms of number and business. The militias from left by JVA senior groups are no more , no more roadblocks and no more madness of the Barre Hiiraale, Taano days, thus lets keep the good days rolling.

Gabbal   

looooooool@Gedo being my achilles hill

Gedo we love it, but it's no Kismayo.
Add that, today Kismayo politics has nothing to do with a warlord who once dreamed creating a Jubbaland centered in Bardhere. That you still mention Barre as a potentail contender for Kismayo rule is quite telling...

It is as scary to you as it was in 2006. Like I said, your achilles hill but you should learn how to deal with. Whether it is Barre or not, the city will forever have Gedo's fingerprints all over it whether now or later. smile.gif

Gabbal   

Originally posted by General Duke:

As for the locals and their demands and this admin issue,
I support the admin to get an extension
since this admin came about the locals have made a great comeback in terms of number and business. The militias from left by JVA senior groups are no more , no more roadblocks and no more madness of the Barre Hiiraale, Taano days, thus lets keep the good days rolling.

I agree, I think the administration is doing a superb job running the place. There is no reason to oppose them.

^^^Reer Gedo do reside in Kismayu and will continue to do so. Those from Abu Mansuurs clan and the lesser numbers from Hiiraale's clan both from Gedo will forever have a footprint.

Anyone who has confidence does not need to prove he is there, Kismayu's locals have taken over and thats the good thing saxib. The city is peaceful and booming.

Gabal, if Gedo fingerprints means how the city has been for the last year or so, I will be the first to welcome it :D . However if you are referring to the inadequacy Hiiraale showed when he was the militia head in Kismayo then that will be no more saaxiib. The sooner you come into agreement with that, the better.

Maybe the next time the Shabaab boys launch a raid they will get another 10% of the overall pot, hmmm?!

Question : How does the civilian population of the area feel about the continuous skirmishes? Who are the civilians, and I don't mean the elite merchants? Have they been content with the current administrative practices compared to the Barre Hiraale era? The only thing that publicly came out regarding that was the stoning of the young Somali girl...