Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Was Djabouti a PR stunt?

Emperor   

No, infact this Shir is coming to be one of the most effective peace talks thus far, think about it, the Asmara group are no more, divided and more isolated as ever... the intial agreement was successfully signed and two Shariif have made themselves ready for May 31st...

It has been a success and all going too well, so far as the TFG and the Somali people are concerned.

But will the secess know about the Somali politiking... you have been locked in a room for many many years

Thierry.   

There is a meeting to be held at the end of the month and we shall see what will be agreed upon.

The Ethiopians are becoming weaker and will agree on anything their wild dream of ruling the horn has hit a brick wall and their puppets haven’t delivered what they promised them on 2004.

So in that case the ICU have a strong bargaining power. However the dis-inclusion of Al Shabaab is what will make any agreement null and void, and I think Sheikh Sharif should have sought at least a majority consent amongst those who are resisting this occupation.

However it is still not late and ICU can reconcile all the division within itself.

The TFG have absolutely no say in this that is why the negotiation was between the ICU representatives and the UN.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Emperor:

But will the secess know about the Somali politiking... you have been locked in a room for many many years

:D:D:D

Originally posted by Northerner:

Nothing has come about, none of the main players were present,,,,,,

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o :

Ruwaayad baa la isu dhigayay dee ,,,

Our secessionist brothers, like Northern and Jacaylka, have a defect (a destitute sense of recognizing good things when they happen outside of their parameter) for seeing any progress in Somalia proper? This deprivation---note it’s not natural--will be overcome in due time IA.

So yes, a great progress have been accomplished in Jabbuuti, and we are grateful for Ina Geelle’s effort toward peace and stability in Somalia through dialogue. In case you did not bother to read the outcome of Jabbuuti meeting, here’s a recap adeer.

1- both parties agreed that the Somali conflict shall be resolved through dialogue, and not through violence (the country had its share of violence for two decades)

2- International players shall come up a political arrangement that’s palatable for both sides to effectively repair Somali sovereignty (this includes among other things complete withdrawal of Ethiopian troops)

3- to build on the momentum achieved in Jabbuuti, a follow-up meeting shall be convened no later than May 31, 2008.

The sheer fact that both sides come together and agreed on some thing is a progress for most Somalis adeer. And if things continue on this positive track, and we can only pray things continue on this track, then there is a distinct possibility that Somalis will begin to resolve their divisions and consequently revive their nation.

But again it’s not a secret at all that some secessionists have a puzzling dichotomy as it regards to the final outcome of Somali conflict. Or is it?

Emperor   

Norf its your norm to dismiss any peace effort for Somalia as a PR stunt, coming from a die-hard secess I am not suprised at all...

As for what was sgined, they have agreed upon to sit down and talk without any pre-conditions, no more first-ethiopia-out excuse, the government have also agreed to recognize them as an oppostion group and is willing to share power come May 31st for the continuation of the talks. The two Shariif were bold enought to swallow all their excuses, it's progress for all of us and for the poor people in Somalia.

As for whether the main players went Djibouti, I think so. Sheekh Shariif Sheekh Ahmed was there and the other Shariif went there too, Perhaps they are not main players to you, they have not been to me as well, I will give them the benifit of the doubt this time and see if they are really the main shakers of the Meza(table)...

Lately you have been missing the news I guess:

Warar Dheeraad ah oo ka soo baxaya imaanshaha Labada Shariif ee Madasha Shirka Jabuuti

Guddoomiyaha Isbaheysiga Sheekh Shariif Sheekh Axmed iyo hoggaamiyaha Golaha dhexe ee Isbaheysigaas Shariif Xasan Sheekh Aadan ayaa gaaray Magaalada Jabuuti ayagoo ku biiray wada hadalada uga socda Dowladda Federaalka iyo Isbaheysigooda.

Ilo wareedyo ku dhaw dhaw labadaas mas’uul ayaa waxay sheegayeen in Labada hogaamiye ay ku biireen Ergadii Isbaheysiga ka joogtay halkaas, iyagoo isla xalay kulan la yeeshay Ergayga Qaramada Midoobay u qaabilsan Arimaha Somaaliya.

Imaanshaha labadan hogaamiye ee dalka Jabuuti ayaa waxay kusoo beegantay xilli isbaheysigooda u kala jabay labo garab, ayadoo xalay Sheekh Xasan Dahir Aweeyes (Abuu maryama) wareeysi u bixiiyaay ku weeraray labada mas’uul kuna sheegay ineeysan cidina matalin wuxuu kaloo sheegey (Abuu maryama) in labada shariif ay lunsadeen dhaqaale fara badan oo isbaheysiga ku taageeren wadamo saaxiib ah.

Wararka ayaa sheegaya in sababta ay u yimaadeen Jabuuti ay tahay ineey xaflada xiritaanka iyo saxiixa heshiisyada kala qeebqaataan xubnaha Wafdiga ka qeybgalaya wada hadaladaas.

Sidoo kale kulankii dib u heshiisiinta ee u socday Dowladda Federaalka iyo Isbaheysiga ayaa lagu wadaa in galabta lagusoo afjaro xaflad gabo gabo u ah wajigii hore ee shirka dib u heshiisiinta.

Xafiiska Warqabadka ee Shabakada Carmooyin.com Muqdisho Somalia

For the sake of Serenity's Grammer and Spelling thread, its not Djabouti but Djibouti, **whispere** re-edit before she sees :D

My dear KK, the secess are in the solitary confiment of Burco-Har-Berbera traingle... you shoudn't give the attention they so desperately need, you know when some1 is locked how they so desperately look for outside attention, of those on the otherside of the fence :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Emperor:

My dear KK, the secess are in the solitary confiment of Burco-Har-Berbera traingle... you shoudn't give the attention they so desperately need, you know when some1 is locked how they so desperately look for outside attention, of those on the otherside of the fence
:D

Thanks to you, now I can't get Akon's Locked Up song out of my head all day...GRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :D :mad: :D:D

I agree with Emperor & Xiin, Djibouti and the terms of the agreement was a success.

1. Dialogue

2. Power Sharing

3. Removal of Ethiopian, other neighbouring troops.

Great indeed.

And their master had spoken about the sole issue la isku heysto, and their master being the one who can really pull the wheel, not his puppets. Asaga inay la fariistaan ayaa dhaanto than isku madadaaliyaan his stooges, who are as powerless as wariiri.

------------

Ethiopia says troops to stay in Somalia

ADDIS ABABA - (
) - Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi said on Wednesday he would keep troops in neighbouring Somalia until "jihadists" were defeated, in remarks likely to harm the chances of U.N.-brokered peace talks.

In a move supported by the United States but providing a target for militants, Meles moved thousands of troops into Somalia in late 2006 to help the nation's struggling government topple an Islamist movement that controlled most of the south.

Since then, allied Ethiopian-Somali troops have faced near-daily attacks in an insurgency drawing comparisons with Iraq and undermining stability across east Africa.

"When we exit from Somalia, it will be at the time when we are convinced that there is no imminent danger to our country," Meles told parliament. Ethiopians are anxious about the financial and human cost of their intervention.

Both Ethiopia, which is the Horn of Africa's main military power and sub-Saharan Africa's second most populous nation, and Washington say Somali insurgents have links to al Qaeda.

"Ethiopian forces did not enter Somalia to control the country, but to make sure that extremist forces will not be in power in that country," Meles added. "It was our responsibility to resolve the huge wave of jihadists."

Meles, and U.S. officials, say foreign militants have poured into Somalia to join the conflict.

Critics say the threat is exaggerated to justify Ethiopia's desire to be the dominant power in the Horn of Africa.

Meles has in the past said Ethiopia has about 4,000 troops in Somalia, but locals say the real number is far higher.

The military presence is a major stumbling block to peace talks the United Nations is trying to broker for Somalia and which tentatively began in Djibouti at the weekend.

"Meles' latest statement poses a threat to the talks. It will harden positions," said one analyst, who asked not to be named. "One of the main contentious issues at the talks was the withdrawal of the Ethiopians ... This is not good."

REBELS "NEUTRALISED"

During a question-and-answer session in the Ethiopian legislature, Meles made no reference to an explosion that killed six people late on Tuesday in Addis Ababa.

The blast, on a minibus, left body parts in the street. One victim was an American-Israeli professor.

Authorities said the explosion, the latest in a string of such blasts, was caused by "terrorists" but did not elaborate.

U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack in Washington confirmed that a U.S. citizen was killed in the blast. "Apparently there was an explosion on a minibus that this person was on," he said.

Asked if foul play was suspected, McCormack said: "It sounds like there is something more than just a faulty gas line."

In the past, Ethiopia has blamed neighbouring Eritrea for fomenting trouble inside Ethiopia, an accusation Asmara derides as a smokescreen to distract attention from internal problems.

Turning to domestic affairs, Meles said Ethiopian rebel group the ****** National Liberation Front (ONLF), which operates in a region near Somalia, had been largely "neutralised" by a military offensive going on for a year.

"There is no organised ONLF operation in the Somali region. It has been neutralised," he said. "There may be a few individuals and we are picking them one-by-one."

The ONLF denies that.

"ONLF is effective and operational in the countryside," spokesman Abdirahman Mahdi said. "The prime minister's statement is very ridiculous, far from reality, bordering on delusional."

N.O.R.F   

Well if it isnt the same players playing the same 'seccessionist' line. We now have Xiinfiniin joining in with his half hearted cheap shots forgetting his 'Ethiopia is everywhere in Somalia' line trumpeted for the past couple of years (I'm surprised you didn't mention it actually or is that reserved for SL issues?).

I simply asked if the meet was fruitless and you went into a tirade. Jumping the gun is not really your fortay saxib.

Today its progress between Somalis and no mention of the Ethios in the background!

Thanks for the recap of the results of the meet saxib. 'Dialoque is needed' is all well and good and I really hope all parties mean it but it is similar to what the Arab League usually come out with from their meetings. Ie 'we support Palestine' :D

My questioning the outcome of the meeting does not constitute not wishing for peace in Somalia. Or does it? Simplistic way of looking at things no?

Emp,

I see you're still failing to comprehend things(as did Xiin). I asked the question if the meeting was a failure. Granted I haven't been keeping tabs on things of late but by the way this meeting was built up on these here threads (notably by Xiin) I don't think I would be going too far to say it was, to an extent, a failure.

Would it be unreasobale to say most people expected more? A timetable for withdrawal?

My reality checks on here can be taken as not wishing for Somalia to be peaceful but I tend to leave that to the simpletons like yourself and KK but Xiin and Che seem to have joined the fray now. Those who know me can attest to my wish for a peaceful Somalia. I don't need to defend myself against simpletons.

KK, as usual you contribute very little to the discussion. Keep it up eedo. Don't surprise us ;)