Sign in to follow this  
me

Asamara crew's position

loooool, some sick Somalis like those in asmara would like nothing better then these poor people who have yet to recover from nearly two decades of civil war to know finish each in a sectarian war. Listen people, if you want sharia, sharia your selfs. Forcing your religious fews on others is something that can wait after these people hundred percent muslim pop is finished with real issues of access to clean water and god knows what else.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by me:

Asamara crew's position

5. We will not allow other countries to tell us how we should organize our society and government.

This is the only credible statement out of all and I must agree with it since it perfectly anchors my position towards the discredited top-down approach with total disregard of the need to seek the consent of the people.

It also reminds me of the recent World Economic Forum when a senior funds manager and ecomomic advisor from Ghana (I reckon) was asked his views on the dismal status of the financial system and its systemic crisis and how any CEOs, finance ministers of developed countries or even executives of IMF and World Bank or major Corporations like AIG can't seem to spot the problem areas and what went wrong in lieu of imputing it to unverifiable causes and lack of sound regulation, he said this and he had a big round of applause by the way, that "Thank God, no one will lecture us again how to run our economy.

me   

Koore,

That point is the central theme of their whole argument. The rest of their points flow from that resistance to foreign interference and the will to want to live free.

It looks to me that the new government will travel the same path of dependency traveled by all the failed regimes before them. We have suffered too much now to give in to the wishes of the neo-colonialists. You don't have to agree with the Asmara crew on everything to appreciate that stance.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

^^ What is your nonsense is that you are trying to claim that your Ethiopia army friends left because of politics.

Just because I think that argument is rubbish that instantly makes them my friends? Pull the other one, saaxib. :D

It is rubbish because there are more serious and BIGGER factors that forced the Xabashis to leave. Al Shabab fought the fight (and the part of blowing up Xabashis was the only good thing there) but they DID NOT force the Xabashis out. Sh. Sharif can claim that he did. The changing American admin can claim the responsibility for that one. Even Abdullahi Yusuf's failed Somali plan might claim that honour.

me   

^ Whatever the reason for the Ethio pull out, is Somalia today free of foreign meddling? How does the Sharif government fit into this equation. And finally does this give the Asamara/Alshabab a legitimate reason for them to continue their fight?

Is freedom important? Or should we accept our limitations as a fourth world country and be content with merely existing.

NGONGE   

^^ You can't afford to be too philosophical, saaxib. If Somalia can have a respite, a peace of any sort or just a break for a year or two, I really don't care who is in charge (even Ethiopia itself).

The Asmara group is talking nonsense in the mistaken belief that they are principled men! If they are serious, they should approve of this new administration and maybe bolster it with the few ruffians that they have on their side (god knows Sh. Sharif needs all the help he can get).

NASSIR   

Ngonge and Me, peace is all that matters but I am afraid for that eventuality unless President Sheriff thinks hard to balance the conflicting demands both home and abroad.

He must publicly announce that he will definately reform the 4.5 electoral system and promise everyone the laws of the land would not contravene the Supreme laws of Allah Ta'ala.

NGONGE   

^^ If 4.5 goes, Sharif goes saaaxib. All these people talking about 4.5 should just let that one be. Let your grandchildren change it.

NGONGE   

^^ There was already one stitch up to make this guy president. If he goes fiddling with the 4.5 deal it will look like an even bigger stitch up and the obstacles facing him will triple overnight.

Nothing to explain really. Too obvious.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

^^ What is your nonsense is that you are trying to claim that your Ethiopia army friends left because of politics.

Just because I think that argument is rubbish that instantly makes them my friends? Pull the other one, saaxib.
:D

It is rubbish because there are more serious and BIGGER factors that forced the Xabashis to leave. Al Shabab fought the fight (and the part of blowing up Xabashis was the only good thing there) but they DID NOT force the Xabashis out. Sh. Sharif can claim that he did. The changing American admin can claim the responsibility for that one. Even Abdullahi Yusuf's failed Somali plan might claim that honour.
forgive me for the friend part adeer. I thought you were someone else. ;)

All the things you mentioned were reactions to the military defeat of the Ethiopian occupation. The Sheikh would never have anything to bargain with or even would have ever been taken seriously had the US government not feared that Somalia would be taken over by radicals. The factors you mentioned occured way after Ethiopian occupation was removed from nearly all major cities and they were confined to a couple of bases in Badio and Muqdisho, where they were attacked every night.

It would be a secondary factor, if the TFG and Ethiopia had negotiated from a position of stregthne. In other words,the victory of the resistance forced Uncle Sam to seek the lesser of the two evils( the Sheikh). The old man was also removed, so as to give power to the so called moderate alliance and appease certain clans who some say made up the bulk of the fighting force. Yes, those(you mentiond) are factors too, but all of them where driven by the defeat of the Ethiopian occupation and the fear of millitant groups taking all of Somalia. Sheikh Shariff can take the credit for making the withdrawal legitimate and internationally binding, but they were already leaving, thus he can't take the over all credit. The ball was there for him to tap in to the goal.