Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Barre's brother to contest Somalia top post -

Jamaaloow, my cool friend, If the record of a previous politician can't be scrutinized for the simple purpose of avoiding other problems that might expedite another Caydiid revolution 10 years down the road, then I must say that itself is an unfettered "obstruction" of justice. There is alot of nation building that has to be done and Barre is definetly not the right choice to start with.

One doesn't also have to be a canditate himself if he is going to criticize the politician's previous record. We don't have to be all running for office. Citizens are the ones who give votes according to the politician's record. :D

There are many bad "politicians" running for office and none of them should be elected.

I respectfully disagree with the arguement that "there is nothing better than Barre out there" also. I say, let us all vote for that patriot CALANSIDE.

I agree with others that Barre must be allowed to run for office. If other criminals can run for office, why not him?

Gabbal   

the most intelligent observations I have seen from a group of Somalis. I'm telling the truth. If you are the Somali youth, then i am proud to say that Somalia has a great future in store for her. Keep up the good work!

Paragon   

Libaax sxb, it is a development to be able to agree to disagree you know. Anyways all i want is people who can't make a change, I don't like to argue when i can't make a difference. 13 years is a long period for pointing fingers at each other.

boycott   

Respect for jamal-11 I'd rather support LS theory cos i believe one thing: siad barre was a geezer to make any decision while his "wise" cousin misleading the country to collapse. New edition of those who ruined the country is just inconceivable...

Jamaal bro the 13 years of corruption and pointing fingers has been caused by the same old timers who had messed up the yester Govt. So how can a society ever agree to anything when the same people are either in position of power or wanting to go for another term. These same people wouldnt give way to others who would have done abetter job too. The only way out is to just shoot them down and get rid of the corrupt minded warlords. We wont have any credible Govt. for as long as they are there working very hard at amking sure nothing ever works.

Baashi   

On the surface, it seems unfair to us to deny one criminal to run for office and let another criminal run the same office...but deep down, it is just plain wrong to let criminals get away with crimes...or look up to them as potential leaders or justify their candidacy...all of that in the name of justice. I'm for denying the opportunity...reducing the number of crooks is not breach to fairness.

Let it be known to all warlords and former officers(we all know who they are..certainly victims know them) that they won't get sympathy or support from us...in fact, we shouldn't distinguish between them. Atleast, we can resist, new additions to this club of crooks who had been holding us hostage for too long.

Ladiif   

"Let it be known to all warlords and former officers(we all know who they are..certainly victims know them) that they won't get sympathy or support from us...in fact, we shouldn't distinguish between them. Atleast, we can resist, new additions to this club of crooks who had been holding us hostage for too long"

sxb, Baashi, ishaad kariday!! Couldn't have said better. Thank you

Paragon   

My convictions may seem irrational and to some people illogical but hey! it is politics. Anyways.... I respect and appreciate all your opinions. I could be wrong and you could be right, or even the other way round.

Respect to all Nomads.