Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Remembering the altar of our struggle: Dr. Mohamed Siraad Dollal

The Zack   

Dr. Dolal Allaha u naxariisto, he gave the greatest gift one could've given to his country,his soul.

May his soul rest in peace and in Firdowsa, Amen!

The Zack   

O.N.L.F Statement On Execution Style Murder Of Dr. Mohamed Siraad Dolaal 24, January 2009

The Ogden National Liberation Front (ONLF) strongly condemns the brutal execution style murder of Dr. Mohamed Siraad Dolaal. Dr. Dolaal, a British citizen originating from ****** was captured by armed forces of the Ethiopian regime on the 18th of January 2009 near the city of Denaan in eastern ******.

After confirming his identity and consulting with their military and political command, Ethiopian military personnel were ordered to execute Dr. Dolaal on the spot and they did so with shots to the abdomen and the head.

Dr. Dolaal's body was brought to Godey where the Ethiopian regime took photographs which were later displayed on a regime sponsored website established to spread the regimes propoganda among the ****** diaspora community. These pictures were deliberately displayed in gruesome detail.

Dr. Dolaal was a member of the ONLF central committee from 1991 to 2006. He served as the Foreign Secretary for the ONLF from 1998 to 2004. Prior to 1991, Dr. Dolaal was an activist heading the ****** Action Group (OAG), a United Kingdom based advocacy organization, advocating for the rights of the people of ****** to self-determination, development and democracy.

The ****** National Liberation Front (ONLF) recognizes the service of Dr. Mohamed Siraad Dolaal to his people and nation and extends its deepest sympathies to his family.

The ONLF affirms that the Ethiopian regime will be held to account for the murder of Dr. Dolaal and the countless murders it has committed against the people of ******.

May Allah give his mercy to this man. He chose to walk the walk.

This must not go unanswered. Prominent Tigre men in far away places like Addis must be gunned down in retaliation. The ONLF must send a clear message that such cruel act of executing a prisoner will not go unanswered.

Haneefah   

Ameen to all duas.

Originally posted by Nabadoon GASHADE:

Oga.den heroes don’t die,

Wake up Doc ones more prove them wrong,

I know you can hear me, tell them Cowards,

My head spins in sorrow disbelieve,

No human-being can dare parade a body in torment,

They are shallow animals awaiting termination,

Undignified of their callous exploit,

Brave men like you are indispensable,

A whole nation is engulfed in your loss,

Our heart and soul are always with you,

Forever indebt to your service,

Death isn’t rare, it waits us all, but a few pass the test,

None can compare your life long mission, even,

Dying your way struggling for the best,

Freedom solutes you,

Heaven treasures you deeply,

And I will miss your greatly

“Hodeen” my friend, rest in peace,

I will tell them Cowards,

oga.den heroes don’t die,

By Sadiq Abdirahman

A beautiful commemorative piece. Knowing Sadiq, he must've been in tears and agony while writing those words; I admire him.

Xidigo   

Inaa Lilaahi waa inaa Ileehu raajicuun. Allah janada haka waraabiyo, eheladii iyo qaraabadii uu ka tagayna Allah samir iyo Imaan ha siiyo Aamiin.

Dhimbil   

This is incredibly sad. I was hoping this news would be false. To god we belong to him we return.

Samir iyo imaan to his family and relatives. The mujahid was a giant and sacrificed all he had for his people and country. He was one among few leaders who take the struggle of their people very personal. I remember him during a conference when someone was lecturing about the og.den, he just wept and wept while everyone around him sat stone faced for a while and than others started weeping, it was humbling wallahi. May allah show him mercy and grant him jannah,amiin.

The Zack   

^Yes, he was ONLF leader. He was also an educated Somali elder, he was a PHD holder and chose to fight in his coutry and die for it. Allaha u naxariisto!

P.s. Brief of his biography is noted above.

Dolal's Biography

Yusuf Garad of the BBC is reported to have said "NO" to a request to air the Mujahid's biography so that Somalis who didn't know him could learn more about his long struggle.

Contact the BBC and voice your concern on this matter.

Xafiiska BBC-da ee London

Somali Service Bush House

PO Box 76

Strand

London WC2B 4PH

UK

+44 (0)20 7 557 1631

+44(0)207 497 1374