Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Somaliland: Ethiopia’s sphere of Influence

AYOUB   

A&T

Matter of opinion. I think the likes of Daud are lowest of the low. His Kikuyu boot-lickers cousins in the NFD are not much higher in my estimation either, Mr Freedom-Fighter. Like Mikal Dhegjar sang; take a look at yourself and make that change...

Abtigiis   

The only new thing here is Ayoub's degeneration into insult-hurling vagrant. Otherwise, none of the things said so far by the mouth-pieces of secession invalidate my statement that the enclave is not self-governing. The ususal suspects with the usual diversionary tactics!

Cawil or Cirro has no more powers on internal matters than Mulugetta and Takeda.

Kikiyu boots smell better than those of Axmaaro, I am told. So, if you can bend to Takeda, why do you get upset with those who prostrate before Kalonzo?

Whether my role in the struggle of my people is significant or not is a matter to the concerned people. Not to the man who tirelesly meanders in and around Doqon-ma-waaye in search of humans for shipment, to placate primitive masters!

AYOUB   

^^ That's a whole new meaning to doqon-mawaaye. :D

I did not mean to insult. Just wanted to point out "the ideals" you talking about are just that; talk.

Once again, you're conveniently ignoring Daud's part in everything you're accusing Riyaale of. How idealistic, huh?

later I'A

Abtigiis   

Ayoub,

If you want me to put Riyaale and Da'ud in one basket, I will gladly do so. I only think Riyaale is slightly better, for at least 'his' people are not killed before him. So, Shall I tell you once again, for me, Da'ud is part of the establishment I am fighting against, much as the head of Prison Services (was his name Ismaciil horta) was in those days when you were firing at Hargiesa from all corners!!

Oodweyne is masquerading as a citizen of an accomplished nation who have the right to choose who to arrest and who not to with such a righetous aplomb, one will actually think he is indeed from a mighty entity!!!!

The fact is even as wretched as they are in terms of realising their dream, my people have put in place deterrent mechanisms which will ensure no one who is intent in playing dirty skirt to Axmaaro for pilferage infringes on their basic rights and aspirations. And if it has to come in setting ablaze the 'oil' tankers that are the only means of livelihood for a certain clan, so be it.

Freedom is in the head and not in waving chequered maryo and singing calanyahow ha dhicin, when all moral values of the fore-fathers is thrown out of the window. In fact, if such things were ever to be good enough to the people who value their identity and islaanimo over anything, then I would have paraded Ina-iley's Landcruiser and eye-catching villa's and Mohamud Dirir's four-storey plaza in Addis. I would have compared the academic achievments of so many in the so-called 'region 5' to the Admas bogus diploma wielding youngesters in Hargeisa and would have told you, "look, how being a servant of Ethiopia gets us smarter".

But I never get distracted from the bigger picture and the fact that I deserve better than the half-eaten bone thrown at me by the occupiers.

Freedom is in the head and not in waving chequered maryo and singing calanyahow ha dhicin, when all moral values of the fore-fathers is thrown out of the window. In fact, if such things were ever to be good enough to the people who value their identity and islaanimo over anything, then I would have paraded Ina-iley's Landcruiser and eye-catching villa's and Mohamud Dirir's four-storey plaza in Addis. I would have compared the academic achievments of so many in the so-called 'region 5' to the Admas bogus diploma wielding youngesters in Hargeisa and would have told you, "look, how being a servant of Ethiopia gets us smarter".

But I never get distracted from the bigger picture and the fact that I deserve better than the half-eaten bone thrown at me by the occupiers.

Abtigiis at his best

UZTAAD   

Somalia was colonized by three European states: France, Britain, and Italy. Occupying a unique position unlike the rest of African nation-states, Somalia is peopled by homogeneous society with one language, culture and religion---a strong evidence that outside intervention plays a big role in Somalia's unrest. The presence of colonialism in Somalia still lingers today; it can be seen in the way we think, and the way we divide ourselves. We as people have been violated on our land, and in our minds. We are divided therefore we are conquered. The prevailing chaos and corruption explains why our environment can be easily exploited and openly destroyed with toxic waste dumping, and why our precious marine resources can be stolen.

Why do we continue to show them that we are weak, subjected to the pitfalls of our culture, the hatred and animosity that was fuelled by our colonizers? Furthermore we seem to sanction either in implicit or explicit terms corrupt men to govern our country. Corrupt and Ignorant men who can easily be persuaded to sell our natural resources out to the highest bidder shows how low we have morally sunk to the bottom. There is no doubt in our minds that we can squarely defeat those who have tried so hard to keep us from thriving to our fullest potential as a Great Nation. We are indeed capable of being a great nation that can be a role model to all other African countries suffering from the very same societal ills and hardships we are currently in.

An idea of a pan united Africa is a great fear for any developed country. We have the diamonds, the oils, the agriculture, and the intellect. The root cause of our problems are corrupt leaders, war lords, who strongly have good ties internationally, yet, exploit and starve their own people while collecting the riches of the lands and goods they have sold off. Our reactions to these extortions and exploitations were nothing more than a mere gesture of facial expression.

What Somalia needs and is lacking severely is solidarity.

Solidarity cannot be achieved if we continue to have such vast tribal inequalities amongst ourselves. The purpose of social organizations like clan, tribe or ethnic is knowing your identity or where one's ancestors came from, but to use that as a tool to discriminate against people from another clan is absurd. Allah the most merciful says in the Quran : 49:13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things) .It is shameful to use tribe as a means to hate; however it is still done every day, whether it is on a boat in Somalia, or in a coffee shop on Dixon. This is our pitfall; this is what has shattered the thin glass that was our nation.

No one could have imagined this is what would have become of Somalia, no one imagined having to flee their home in fear they would be massacred based on their tribe. What is more dangerous is to use tribalism as a means to govern for example the 4.5 system. It is a dangerous phenomenon that harbingers prolonged suffering and conflict because it is always going to be unequal system, one clan will feel they are more entitled and superior and must, therefore, govern those inferior to them. Even with legitimately formed government tribalism always comes into play, not who is most qualified for the job, but a means to placate some clans; this is why no stable government can be formed in the future. Here is a proposition: Somalia needs to engage in a campaign of Social Reform; a new total model strategy and norm needs to be created for the betterment of our nation, one based on merit not on clan.

We as a nation need to evolve and keep tribalism and politics separate. We need to enrich our family structure with our religion and revitalize the Somali education system. Moreover we need to address the environmental crisis in our country weather it is the dumping toxic waste by foreign ships, or the massive deforestation by hungry money lords. All these important issues cannot be addressed when we continue to accept the same problems that hindered our development and created a chronic dependency on western countries for support and survival. We need to stand on our own and create our own agenda that benefits all Somalis. We cannot have justice if we remain partial to tribalism. We must unite in order to create better political transparency, and accountability to overcome the culture of indifference to the exploitation and corruption that plagued us . I speak on behalf of the youth, the future of Somalia.

AYOUB   

The fact is even as wretched as they are in terms of realising their dream, my people have put in place deterrent mechanisms which will ensure no one who is intent in playing dirty skirt to Axmaaro for pilferage infringes on their basic rights and aspirations. And if it has to come in setting ablaze the 'oil' tankers that are the only means of livelihood for a certain clan, so be it.

That's where your sales pitch falls apart. If only your tribal malitia set ablaze oil tankers belonging to all those responsible for "infringes on their basic rights and aspirations" of "your people" and instead of targeting "certain clan". If your attitude is "so be it", what's the point of this thread?