Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Somaliland: Ethiopia’s sphere of Influence

LANDER   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Under the guise of ‘friends of Somaliland’, Dr. Takeda Alemu’s office in the Ministry of foreign Affairs in Ethiopia in Filwuha, opposite the five star Hilton Hotel, is running the politics of Somaliland and virtually at no cost. ...

What proof or evidence have you presented to support this premise? Diner invites? Guest speakers?

Is this what passes as credible political critique round these ways? It's pathetic and what's even worse is I spent a minute reading that gibberish and another one replying to it.

NGONGE   

There is a lot more I can list in case some of the affecionados of the fake entity try to dispute. I expect the born-again-Issac, Ngonge will be thrown at me for some defence. And Ayoub will be on his side. But whatever they may say, even the loqocuious Oodweyne will find it difficult to find words to defend this little infatuation of his people. It is a truth that must be told.

Nothing will be thrown at you, saaxib. Not even my very considrable frame. :D

I think you'll find that, on the whole, most SL people on here actually agree with you. Though I'm not sure why you try to paint it in a very bad light. Would you prefer war with Ethiopia? Endless struggle? Death and destruction?

From where you're standing, I can clearly understand and agree with your point. But from whwere I'm standing, it does not mean a thing.

(Over to you, Ayoub). :D

AYOUB   

^^ Expected venom sxb, after all, the so-called imminent collapse of the beloved JSL failed to materialise. smile.gif

arrested arbitrarily and their goods confiscated at will in Wajaale and Jijiga customs

Africa for you. Bribe sorts it all out, so long as ( no pun ) no vagabonds burns our vehicles. ;)

Abtigiis   

I don't condone the vehicles burnt nor businessmen handed over to enemey. But that is not the issue.

My 'wicked' motives nor the collapse of Somaliland (or how the enemies got it wrong) is not going to stand against the truth I have stated. That this entity is a an appendex of Addis Ababa and that your politicians are a disgrace to the ideals the majority of Somali's hold. Of course I realise the Tolka never agrees with those Ideals.

Liqaye,

For all the myopia and miscalculations rer-Xisbul islam are known for, on this count they can held their head high. Not to expect triators in every society is quite naive, coming from a man of your pedigree. They have not surrendered their identity nor did they succumbed to the urge of standing up to 'other clans' by forming partenership with Ethiopia.

It is still true no one is firing guns in Geladi and Shinile. So, let us not say we are all in this!

Liqaye   

A&T as I said it is a sensitive topic, and everyone has to live of a myth of some sort I suppose.

This not the time or place to disscuss such Issues.

Just want to make it clear that the generalizations you are using are dangerous.

And any way how can my voice of sweet reasonablness be heard with guys like abokor on the forum?

Cowke   

Originally posted by Abokor Omar:

Difference between an Ethiopian and a Somali to the average SL. One tried to bomb me back to the stone-age times, the other offered me shelter...

1988 was caused by the snm faction who under the guise of "somalinimo" used clannish motivations to disturb the peace for the majority of somali people. The somali national government was left with no choice but to respond to anyone who was rebel and causing instability for the majority especially when it was for something as pathetic as "clan" based interest.

Sorry sir, but if your snm guys didn't exist, noone would've of bombed hargeisa, the blame lies straight on the rebels and not the national government.

However interestingly you don't blame snm because again your using clan allegiance the same thing that got you bombed in the first place.

Siyad Barre illegalized any form of parties in the state, why did snm break the law? Not only that why did they use violence to achieve what they want? why didn't they just lobby for change in a peaceful manner. The issue of 1988 if reviewed by any fair judge will bring alot of snm members and throw them behind bars for killing 50,000 hargeisa civilians.

So please don't ever let me hear you blame the siyad government, because that stands on fruitless non objective claim. Imagine if you were shooting at the police and they responded with shooting back at you. Would you blame the police? of course not you will blame the person who fired the first shot which was you. The same scenario is no different with snm, who attacked government bases in the north-west somalia and used it's civilians as a shelter. If your people didn't shelter criminals disturbing the peace, they wouldn't be attacked. Just like the taliban if they didn't shelter al-qaeda criminals they wouldn't be attacked.

Their were many hargeisa people who were not harmed in 88 who were working in the national government and not disturbing the peace.

So please don't disturb the peace for clan interest and siyad won't shoot you, if you can't accept that then sxb take a hike.

N.O.R.F   

There has been an influx of Garowe boys to SOL. Everything is Puntland. A&T, agreed but what is the alternative? If SL was to become a country it will be a proxy for both Somalia and Ethiopia.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by UZTAAD:

[QB] There is no doubt that Somaliland is an Ethiopian protectorate in fact the whole Idea of secessionism is engineered from Addis Ababa who wants to see Somalia week and divided.

Somaliland politicians view Ethiopia as their saviors and godfather, the love & admiration for Ethiopia is enormous among these folks. Where they believe Somalia as their number one enemy, most of these Secessionists will be very happy if Ethiopia annex them instead of being part of Somali republic.

Their worst nightmare is strong and united Somalia. They even don’t hide their happiness of the chaos in the sought because they see this suffering of their brethren will hasten their recognition but that is jus dilution. [/QB

Well said.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Jalle Liqaye:

The things you write about A&T are the shame of almost all Somali politico's, and a collective failing of the Somali people.

Whether it is in regaling us with clan based bantustans or warlord politics, Somalis every where to some degree or other buy in whole heartedly into the version of Somalia the Ethiopians produce.

Which is ultimately a greater crime and loss than listening to ethio music.
:D

p.s keep up the exposes.

Agreed.

I'm glad we're slowly and grudgingly coming to terms with our own failures. I predict a great revolution to sweep over Somalia and to free us one day.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Abokor Omar:

Difference between an Ethiopian and a Somali to the average SL. One tried to bomb me back to the stone-age times, the other offered me shelter...

That is total bs. The SL people are also Somalis. Y can't really compare or worse off even pick Ethiopian over a Somali no matter what has transgressed in the past. The German civilians were victims in world war 2 though they get blamed to this day by rest of the world though they were persuaded and fed lies by a lunatic. In this case, many of the Somali people were simply led to believe that Hargeisa was troublesome, most of them had no chance against Pr output of the facist govt of Siyad Barre.

RedSea   

Originally posted by UZTAAD:

There is no doubt that Somaliland is an Ethiopian protectorate in fact the whole Idea of secessionism is engineered from Addis Ababa who wants to see Somalia week and divided.

Somaliland politicians view Ethiopia as their saviors and godfather, the love & admiration for Ethiopia is enormous among these folks. Where they believe Somalia as their number one enemy, most of these Secessionists will be very happy if Ethiopia annex them instead of being part of Somali republic.

Their worst nightmare is strong and united Somalia. They even don’t hide their happiness of the chaos in the sought because they see this suffering of their brethren will hasten their recognition but that is jus dilution.

Adeer you need to man and stop this weakling accuasations when you are in fact your own worst enemy. Ethiopia would not be able to divide nor conquer parts of your country if you were just that much smarter or put the blame where it should have been, squarely on your shoulders. Ethiopia is only taking advantage of your own demise manufactured by the Somali masses. Somaliland does not nor has any desire in failed Southern Somalia despite what you might have heard from few extreme opinionated folks from SL. In fact most of human beings hate to see another one suffer. Now, you need to get a hold of yourself and quit this blaming game. Man up adeer. That is my advise to those who always blame others for their shortcomings.