Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Why Are You Seceding… Brother?

^^ :D

At least, awoowe, you have included Borama and Saylac into your old "Hargeisa-Burao-Berbera" Triangle. I am sure, soon, you will also realise the facts about Sool, Sanaag and Buuhoodleh. Marka, qunyar soco talaabada runtu waa taabandoonta dhawaane. :D

In the meantime, I will be singing "Beeni Raad maleh... la la la" smile.gif

DulQarneyn

It seems that you are getting few applauses for your post from the "Unionist" corner. I see there are a lot of things that need to be corrected and I will duly address them insha-allah in a response this coming weekend.

Baashi   

A hardcore like you see things in black and white. Awoowe I don't believe in absolutes when it comes to shifting sand of Somali politicking. The case I have against secession is robust case and I have yet to see someone capable in refuting it.

The good thing is we are past the days when the total sum of defending secession amounted to Ambasador bldg pics and hate lame line.

I'm signing along with you prince indeed

Beeni raad ma leh haha been allow run ma moodaa

PS: Boorame folks are riding with the SL strongman who was chosen as the best way out of anaother Habar Kuuleey vs Habar Shiish civil war.

He settled that one al right smile.gif

^^ :D

Well, the people from Laaska could be said the same can't we? I mean, all of Laaska's heavyweights are in Hargeisa today.

Awoowe, the case that you have is really very simplistic. Your whole point surrounds to the notion "if Somalia is divisble, so is Somaliland". That notion doesn't hold any water whatsoever.

Somaliland has the history of being an independent entity, it conforms to the African Union charter of retaining the "borders left by colonialists". It has been a defacto indepedent state with all the trappings of a recognised country including "Flag, currency, passports, and working political system". It is a place that unites many clans for a common purpose.

I challenge you, if there is any other entity which presents that strong case, please let it be known.

The other thing that you often mention is that there is opposition to Somaliland coming from members who have kinship to Puntland's main clan. That is true and no one is denying that fact but again, one would be crazy to think that there any region or district which will have 100% of the same opinion on any issue. There will always be that "5%" that will oppose anything good or bad. Somaliland is not unique in this regard.

The Habar Habar talk, is so 1990s... :D markii fowdada la ahaa ee dadku dhan u socdo iyo dhan u ka socdo kala garanayn ayaa taas ahayd. Somaliland has never been so cohesive and united in its history as its today. The appointment of Daahir Riyaale was to rest the case for people who used to claim this country is a "clanish" country where only a certain clan rules. That argument has been dealt a sever blow and no one can come here and claim it now. That was the whole point of electing Daahir Riyaale and not the Habar Habar thing as you mentioned.

ps

Speaking of shifting sands, I think that describes well the politics of the South... ee malinba dhinaca dabayshu u dhacdo isugu durka. icon_razz.gif

warya t, dont know where you come from and never pretended to but the truth is, you sound like a dowladiid be you from north or south. It really does not matter how close you are, relation wise, but when you agree with the secesionist and say AY is the oppsticle to Somali Unity, truth must be told. the truth is, what benadir and hargeisa had in common was that they opposed the last Somali regime and Ay being the person to start the rebellion against the government, there he should be a hero but oddly enough, he is not.

Jamster   

Dulqarneyn! "Another politician that rose to prominance was Prime Minster Mohammed Ibrahim Egal who first became the president of SYL and then Prime Minster. He practically ruled the country and it's foreign policy during his term. The most important thing to the Northern Somali politicians during the first two administrations and the third was incorporating the Haud region into Somalia and the general opinion in that era was that the country's presidency would eventually rotate from the South to other regions of Somalia especially with the beforementioned ascendency of P.M Ibrahim Egal, the materialization of this theory was however denied by the Military government in a bloodless coup ironically through the brilliance of a Northerner named Captain Khaawe"

They will tell you; Khaawe (Ina Khaawi) was from Buuhoodle as such he is not a "northener" in its truest sense.

Dulqarneyn Al-somali, well done for the valid points though.