Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

A Glimmer of hope on the horizon for Gedo Residents

No offense but every Somali region has potential if you add it with 450 km of paved roads. Even than one must keep in mind that Gedo borders one of the most if not the most backward and underdeveloped regions of both Kenya and Ethiopia. Trade routes have always been and will most likely be for Kenya to Kismayo. Kismayo is closer to Mombasa and Nairobi than Gedo. And for Ethiopia it's muscle trading arm is the railroad from Addis Ababa via Dire Dawa to Djibouti. Thereby mostly northern regions would benefit, wich is currently happenning. Djibouti, Bosaso and Berbera ports are competing for Ethiopia's market.

and there are some rather peculiar statements in this writing if I may add:

it is the only region that has 2 international borders with two of the three neighbouring States that have a population of more than 100 Million.

He's wrong about the 2 borders part. Awdal borders two states and it's strategically in a far better position than Gedo in this particular aspect.

Gedo has the same potential as the regions on the other side of it's border. And look at them....

Gabbal   

Nationalist that's very objective ;) analysis coming from you...or is it? :rolleyes:

Although I can refute almost all if not all of the statements you made, I really don't see the point sxb. It's obviously politics that's getting to your head :rolleyes:

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Nationalist ...It's obviously politics that's getting to your head :rolleyes:

which are biased and unfounded...... :D

If you don't refute my views than all you can do is shut up isn't it?

Last time I checked it was a discussion forum. That's what I did, discuss the topic at hand. Sorry for trampling your unrealistic 'glimmer of hope'. Please don't make me laugh.

Gabbal   

all you can do is shut up

:confused:

Sorry for trampling your unrealistic 'glimmer of hope'. Please don't make me laugh.

What's so unrealistic about being hopeful for peace and development :confused: What's so unrealistic for people to stop fighting themselves and take advantage of one of the most blessed and richly endowed lands in Somalia? What's so unrealistic about your Somali brothers and sisters looking for their interest, when the mechanisms to do so are already in place? What's so unrealistic about the intellectuals taking advantage of the lapse of violence and insecurity to encourage and work for peace and development?

Sxb it's not unealistic, far from being unrealistic. People are realizing they cannot live like they did before, and I'm happy and overjoyed they are waking up now instead somewhere down the future.

You can be happy and a little bit more positive, then biased and cuqdad-filled attitude you have thus showed.

raula   

hope will prevail-Iam glad we have some progress no matter how minimal.

Nationalist-you are so repulsive and gloomy :rolleyes:

Listen, stop with the inferiority complex. I hate it when people say the same thing about Pland and ignore the reality on the ground. This is not an attack on Gedo so don't flatter yourselves.

But to make ends meet:

Insha Allah the people of Gedo will do well and move forward.

Now happy? [you tend almost to forget that this is a discussion forum]

Gabbal   

Listen, stop with the inferiority complex. I hate it when people say the same thing about Pland and ignore the reality on the ground.

I neither showed inferiority nor superiority, although I don't see how this comes into place? I've never downplayed the peace and development Puntland has achieved, and have even look at it as a model for Gedo. So how does what I've always said relate to the negative opinion you have shown?

Stop the twisting waryaa? When did I say you are downplaying Pland? I know you are not analfabetic, but I reserve question marks on your reading skills. I meant that I also confront Planders whom say everyhting is fine, while there are many problems Pland is facing.

You made your own thread turn ugly. If you just refuted my views, you would either convince me of your views or anything else in that direction.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

I've never downplayed the peace and development Puntland has achieved, and have even look at it as a model for Gedo.

Reer Gedo will slaughter you alive in a broad daylight for this statement...but then again they probably know the substitute of blodd in your body is water hence you have no honour.... :mad: