Sign in to follow this  
Nur

eNuri Salutes the Islamic Courts

Kashafa   

See RC, the thing is, The topic-starter/moderator/eNuri Enterprises is entitled to his own opinion. The vast majority of nomads who agree with him are also entitled to their opinions. Statments of support for the Islamic Courts doesn't constitute propoganda. That's where you went wrong.

You want propoganda, I'll give you propoganda: Denying that there are Ethiopian troops on Somali soil invited by the TFG, even when the UN, and other international agencies acknowledge it. Seewhatimsayin ?

However Kashafa, I would like to address you by saying if you mean by islamic revival you mean the violence and deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people, I'd rather there not be any revival at all

That's your intepretation of a revival, not mine. Mine runs along these lines (read the article in full, then hollaback).

Nor does a revival mean a wave of overzealous fervour, but a realization that in Islam(correctly applied) lies the solution to our collective problems. Take Tribal Mad Cow disease. 40 years of democratic & dictatorial rule didn't cure it. What makes you think A/Y and his secularist approach can ?

I think this section needs a new moderator

When pigs fly. smile.gif E-Nuri for President :cool:

Wiilo   

Aamiin, Aamiin, and Aamiin... Allah dhibka ka saaro dhammaan umadda soomaaliyeed meel kasta ay joogto.....

king_450   

To the People of Mogadishu

The Judges of the Islamic Courts of Somalia

The youth who liberated our captive people

All Well wishing Somalis and non Somalis worldwide

Well your true color came out. Representing killers and looters in public is same as ignoring those of us who have lost loved ones. Go to hell.

Coloow   

Asalamu calaykum,

The IUC have brought some light to the dark situation in southern somalia. Alxamdulilah mugdii waa laga baxay. Laakin faanole fari kama qodno; They need to provide rehabilitation to the young who know nothing but Moryaanism. They need to have a coherent policy towards social issues; an economic policy and public relations experts.

RedSea   

King 450, you have crossed the line,when it comes to discussing things in civilised, there is fine line,but how can one wish his own brother to go to 'Hell'? Ciyaadu Bilaah.

If you have something to prove to us otherwise,do so just like Nur did,dont' come out here cursing people plz.

king_450   

King 450, you have crossed the line

What a depressing picture! atleast am not hiding behind relegion ,i said what i said and i meant. You can lick his *** if you wish,alleging some 1 croos the line.You either yourself was one time part of the gangs or looking the other way,so in this case you perhaps is the one who had crossed the line 16yrs ago and still walking perpendicular in nature. Look you can be behind these thugs but don't tell me as a thread. If the truth hurts. Then Go to hell!

Maybe this will be the only slogan you of all people will listen.

Its ok to differ from another person's stance or thinking but respect is a necessity.I for one Differ from some of Nur's views,but that doesn't change my admiration and respect for the brother.Who ever insults him insults all the pple who hold him high.its not fair.

Nur   

RC

The Union of Islamic Courts are not a political organization, they are a collection of ISLAMIC, I repeat, ISLAMIC, one more time , ISLAMIC Courts that were set up to bring law and order to a tribally fractured nation, devastated by corrupt politicians and bloody warlords. The reality is that we are going to have peace, no matter how much you yearn for anarchy, travel without fear of bandits and warlords roadblocks, , and inshAllah, will celebrate a national government without the criminals at Baidoa.

King Bro.

May Allah forgive you, I wouldnt want you to go to hell, I will do all I can to help you safe from hell fire.

"Yaa qawmii maa lii adcuukum ila najaati, wa tadcuunanii ilaa naar?" Quraan

Why is it that I am busy calling you to safety and you are calling me to go to hell? Quraan

This is a forum of well mannered respectful individuals, as Xalane said, we differ on many issues, but no one has so far used your language on this page, As a moderator, I can remove it, but i opted to respect your freedom of speech so others can judge you if you are indeed justified.

This is an Islam forum, and as a Moderator I fully support the Islamic Courts peace and reconciliation for our people. I do not support anarchy, tribalism, and division of our nation along tribal lines.

If you are indeed a Muslim person, who prays five times a day, your prayer may not be doing what it was meant to do, Allah SWT says : Prayers helps you restrain yourself from swearing and insulting people, and agression.

Nur

Originally posted by Nur:

Devil's Advocate

As usual, you are defending the devil well, and you seem to have followers, The Union of Islamic Courts are not a political organization, they are a collection of ISLAMIC, I repeat, ISLAMIC, one more time , ISLAMIC Courts that were set up to bring law and order to a tribally fractured nation, devastated by corrupt politicians and bloody warlords. The reality is that we are going to have peace, no matter how much you yearn for anarchy, travel without fear of bandits and warlords roadblocks, , and inshAllah, will celebrate a national government without the criminals at Baidoa.

Last time I checked Nur, SOmalia was majority muslim. Therefore, ANY court in Somalia would be an ISLAMIC one.

Don't manipulate my name to offend me. I have reported your post.

Nur   

Devils Advocate

Your name appears on your singniture, up until you remove it, to me you will be Oppinionated/ DA and RC.

Do not run away from the issue you have raised, that the confrontation between the Islamic Courts and the Warlords has nothing to do with Islam, thus belongs to Politics ( which has nothing to do with Islam).

Now, if you hold that idea, defend it.

Nur

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

^^Oh Lord! Get a grip!

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

well, I'm not the type to run away when someone insults me ;) . I'm just wanting on a mod to respond to my request to remove Nur's insult.

NGONGE   

RC,

The Courts are the flavour of the month nowadays. It’s not difficult to understand why people are supporting them. Deep in my heart of hearts I too wish, pray and hope that they turn out to be what they claim to be. However, I’m doubtful, cynical and unsure about them.

What increases my unease about this whole thing is that in the few months that the ICU have been hogging the Somali political scene their loyal supporters have not sought to enlighten us about them or draw us a solid picture of how they expect them to maintain the peace in Somalia. Everything I’ve heard so far has been done as a reaction to events and not as part of a proper plan and suitable strategy!

Whenever I read what the understandable questions that those opposing the courts have asked, I always saw he same old replies: The courts have brought peace and order, etc. Yet, I know and you know that this is not enough. After all, this is exactly the same argument that I’ve been having with the Somaliland people about that country. They too used the argument of peace and order and how different they were from the rest of Somalia! When one removes emotions out of the equation, peace and order alone is not enough. Those in Somaliland had it for sixteen years and still did not get any recognition! I always believed that the reason for that was the lack of a coherent strategy and I suspect that the downfall of the Courts will also come as a result of a lack of strategy. Then again, maybe I’m wrong and maybe there is a real plan in play that we are not being told about!

Like I said in a previous thread already, give the Courts eighteen months and if they’re still in the ascendancy then they’ll be worth one’s support and if they’re not, well, we await the next new group to claim authority over Somalia.

In any case, and getting to your original argument, I see nothing wrong with talking about the Islamic Courts in the Islam section. One suspects that the author’s aim here is to discuss the issue from an Islamic prospective and not through the use of secular (for lack of another term) yardsticks.

You, I and others could easily make him sweat without the need to resort to disparaging comments about his position as moderator or accusations of propaganda.

Ps

I don’t think King wants anyone to really burn in hell here. It’s merely a figure of speech to display his dissatisfaction. Lets not pay too much attention to the words or take them literally, boys and girls.