Sign in to follow this  
UZTAAD

Amin Amir exposed

Amin has always been fair most of the time but his pirate flag for the region was a bit far-fetched, too much.

Very uncivilised, very un-artistic.

^I don't think he gets paid by ayone, but his problem is that he stares far too much into the politics and he thinks being a controvertial figure helps.

Amin has always been fair most of the time but his pirate flag for the region was a bit far-fetched, too much.

Very uncivilised, very un-artistic.

Agreed that was his low point, and after that the man lost my respect.

Peace Action, yes very low point, his narrow mind allowed him to link the state to political figures , he doesn't know politicians come and go, like Yey, Mohamed A. Hashi, Cade Muse and like Faroole will go but the state and the region is different.

NGONGE   

The more people from PL moan and complain the more he'll make jokes about them. :D

That's what a caricaturist does. It's in the job description you thin skinned kids.

P.S.

He made fun of SL, Sheikh Sharif and Al Shabab. Every time he does the targeted group go on about 'losing respect'. :D

^This time he addressed and attacked the state and not any political figure in that region.

He depicted a pirate flag for the region of Puntland. Now that is different from when attacking Sheikh Shariif or Ade Muse, even Riyaale.

NG this is not the first time a caroonist runs into trouble, even in your favorite western media it happens all the time. Here in the states caroonist know the limits of their craft.

The question is, 'fore one could give examples, whose standards is one to use in measuring what is acceptable and what is not to start with: Western, Islamic, Somali or else?

If western, who cares; if Islam, then a huge problem; if Somali, a beheading is in order; if else, mmmhhh, one scratches one's head?

Here:

Last week the New York Post published a controversial cartoon depicting Obama as a shot monkey, apparently criticising the stimulus bill. Today the paper published this statement from Murdoch apologising for offending readers:

As the Chairman of the New York Post, I am ultimately responsible for what is printed in its pages. The buck stops with me.

Last week, we made a mistake. We ran a cartoon that offended many people. Today I want to personally apologize to any reader who felt offended, and even insulted.

Over the past couple of days, I have spoken to a number of people and I now better understand the hurt this cartoon has caused. At the same time, I have had conversations with Post editors about the situation and I can assure you – without a doubt – that the only intent of that cartoon was to mock a badly written piece of legislation. It was not meant to be racist, but unfortunately, it was interpreted by many as such.

We all hold the readers of the New York Post in high regard and I promise you that we will seek to be more attuned to the sensitivities of our community.

NGONGE   

^^ Fair enough. Though I don't see any similarities in the two stories, I take your point about complaints making cartoonist back down.

Having said that, I still think you're overreacting here. But here are a few examples of some of the reactions in the past. Do you notice a trend?

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/11638/2#000016

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/9/18220

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/9/19300

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/9/6736

P.S.

Miles, don't throw words from the sidelines. Get stuck in, saaxib. :D