Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Waa ciide ciida maanta

^^ :D

Welcome back bro ...

Tolstoy

As always, adiga ayaa waxaan odhanlahaa oo dhan yidhaa, and I am left hmmm... well nice read.

Xiinfaniin

You know that "seceding" is not really the right word to use in reference to Somaliland's quest for independence. Somaliland has strong foundations for its case. It was a self administring country for sometime in late 1959, it gained its independence and was a recognised country in the UN - albeit short lived.

It "united" with another country to form the Somali Republic. That country became a failed country and disintigrated. Somaliland declared to "restore" (Yes this is the right word) its former soveriegn status as an independent country.

Since 1991 upto this minute, Somaliland has been achieving a milestone after a milestone, to show how it surely deserves to become an independent country. So now, I don't think there is ANY other "seceding part" in this world which can field such a strong argument and supporting facts for its case.

"To me, the fact that SSC natives (or even a a secion of) didn't vote means that they don't want to secede from the Somali Republic. Why are you adamant about forcing your ideas onto them?"

Of course there is always that 5% of any sample of interest that will oppose anything. Having difference of opinion and views is as natural as humans can get. Of course there are those that want to remain part of the now defunct Somalia.

It happened in Eritrea, it happened in East Timor (21%voted against independence), and It also happened in Kosovo with its pro Serbia population etc etc. Somaliland is none different.

The official results will be anounced in a couple of days. But there are unofficial results already flying around.

Latest (UnOfficial) results suggest that Kulmiye is ahead in a number of regions, namely Hargeisa, Togdheer and Sanaag.

UDUB is taking the bulk of Awdal and Saxil seats.

While UCID is currently in a surprise runner-up in most regions/districts.

So far so good.

Gabbal   

Xiinfaniin

You know that "seceding" is not really the right word to use in reference to Somaliland's quest for independence.
Somaliland has strong foundations for its case.
It was a self administring country for sometime in late 1959, it gained its independence and was a recognised country in the UN - albeit short lived.

It "united" with another country to form the Somali Republic. That country became a failed country and disintigrated. Somaliland declared to "restore" (Yes this is the right word) its former soveriegn status as an independent country.

Since 1991 upto this minute, Somaliland has been achieving a milestone after a milestone, to show how it surely deserves to become an independent country. So now, I don't think there is ANY other "seceding part" in this world which can field such a strong argument and supporting facts for its case.

Lool..!! :D Your summary is precisely why this last election was a boost for the territorial integrity of the Somali Republic. ;) I suggest you go read my analysis on just why Baashi thought so too. icon_razz.gif

^^You sure have a method to your nonesense :D

Well, I think of the exact opposite is true.

No doubts, the parliamentary elections are a huge success that will sway a lot of things in favoure of Somaliland. Lets face it, the donor countries could have spent billions of dollars to get any other war-ravaged country to where Somaliland is at, at the moment. I am sure there are a lot of experts puzzled by that.

^ icon_razz.gif

What sorta name is Raqid? I always see Pakistanis with a name like that, although with a different spelling as in "Raqeed". Sxb, I reckon your old tshirt was much better and closer to Somalia. :D

Originally posted by Northerner:

Kulmiye for a slight majority i predict.

Yaa kuu sii sheegay? Tell me North, was this a set up? :D

Check the latest unofficial results out (5% error margin)

GOBOLKA AWDAL

KULMIYE: 3 Kursi

UDUB: 7 Kursi

UCID: 3 Kursi

GOBOLKA HARGEYSA

KULMIYE:9 Kursi

UDUB: 6 Kursi

UCID: 5 Kursi

GOBOLKA SAAXIL

KULMIYE: 2 Kursi

UDUB : 4 Kursi

UCID: 4 Kursi

GOBOLKA TOGDHEER

KULMIYE: 7 Kursi

UDUB: 5 Kursi

UCID : 3 Kursi

GOBOLKA SOOL

KULMIYE: 7 Kursi

UDUB: 4 Kursi

UCID : 1 Kursi

GOBOLKA SANAAG

KULMIYE: 6 Kursi

UDUB: 4 Kursi

UCID : 2 Kursi

WADARTA GUUD:

KULMIYE: 34

UDUB: 30

UCID: 18

Dadku si fican ayay u codeeyen. I didn't want neither 3 parties to get majority in the parliament. This is GOOD. :D

qumane   

US commends Somaliland on polls

(IRIN)

NAIROBI, 4 October (IRIN) - The United States has welcomed the recent legislative elections in the self-declared republic of Somaliland as an example to the rest of Somalia, US State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said on Monday.

"We congratulate the people of Somaliland on holding peaceful elections

with significant voter turnout," McCormack said in a statement. "The

United States calls on all political parties to work together peacefully

during the post-election period to strengthen the democratic transition

in Somaliland and serve as an example for greater Somalia."

"The United States welcomes the September 29 parliamentary elections in

Somaliland, which represent a step towards democracy in Somalia," the

statement added.

Somaliland voters went to the polls on 29 September to elect 82 members

of the region's parliament.

The polls are the breakaway republic's third since it declared

unilateral independence from the rest of Somalia in May 1991, following the

collapse of the administration of former President Siyad Barre.

Somaliland conducted municipal elections in December 2002, which were

followed by a presidential poll in April 2003 in which the incumbent,

Dahir Riyale Kahin, retained the seat.

In 2001, Somaliland held a referendum in which a majority of the

population backed its self-declared independence.

Somaliland has managed to avoid much of the anarchy that has dogged

Somalia over the past 15 years. However, the territory is embroiled in a

border dispute with the northeastern semi-autonomous state of Puntland

over the regions of Sanaag and Sool.

OogBoi   

The two posts above the post above this post :D

Alla labadaas ciil hayaa weynaa.. wax kaloo aydin kasheekaysaan baa weydeen miyaa?

Oh man, I still can't stop laughing. Caku third world reginal election. Couldn't they find something more suitable like a bucket.

I'll suggest this ones: like those they very handsome Half%20Bucket.jpgam04%20bucket%2081web.jpg

The speaker of Puntland told as a lie when he said that he was combating Ballot Boxes, I didn't know that they were combating cb_1.JPG?set_id=7 + 15251_f.jpg

They look like some tools used by suicide bombers. Or are they left overs by the cuban troops in the 1977 war that you collected.

I didn't know that you region made an international appeal to the world to send you some old dusty rucksucks, so that you could use them as ballot boxes. Really funny. :D:D

Bucket.jpg

Three buckets, in which bucket will you hand fall inside.

BN   

Originally posted by Shirwac:

normal_rayaale.jpg

LOL@Younis & Shirwac. I think Riyaale may be planning to backpack across Europe to campaign for recognition... :D:D

Serious note--, Are there any others that are surprised by how well UCID did? They went from very low numbers in the previous round to a very respectable showing...despite that Mr. Waraabe.