Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland flag flying over Accra

There is something mysterious about that picture. Was this flag raised during a private discussion with SL officials? Any other pictures from other sources?

Who has the details?

What a misleading and misinforming thread, intended to sooth ... Ma beenta la isku sheegaayo ayaa lagu seexdaa?

Let's see. The initial post on this thread links to the original site, which has these following words:

"ECOWAS flag, West Africa’s regional body, the African Union flag & the flag of Somaliland, fly high on the occasion of the seminar on “Somaliland and the African Union in the Horn of Africa” at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre in Accra."

One of the hired usual spinners was there: "Dr Iqbal Jhazbhay of the University of South Africa."

Heey, Gaana is a free country. I am sure I can fly my shaati along with any other flag too, as long as it is private gathering, not the real African Union venue, which this thread tries to mislead to.

These following flags, however, flew at the official venue.

r3030746108.jpg?x=236&y=345&sig=llvN5eZN

A Ghanaian guard stands near the flags of African nations on the second day of the African Union summit in Accra July 2, 2007. REUTERS/Luc Gnago (GHANA)

r1535211527.jpg?x=380&y=247&sig=O1v5hdGP

A Ghanaian guard walks past the flags of African nations on the second day of the African Union summit in Accra July 2, 2007. REUTERS/Luc Gnago (GHANA)

And inside the venue:

capt.sge.tfb83.030707125948.photo02.phot

A general view shows the opening session of the 9th edition of the African Union summit held in Accra, 01 July 2007. African leaders were struggling to nail down an agreement on a roadmap for a closer union at the end of a summit which exposed deep rifts over how fast they should move towards integration.(AFP/File/Issouf Sanogo)

------------

I don't think a gathering, whose official agenda was the discussion to unite the continental Afrika, will invite people who want to divide one of the countries that is already united. Don't you see the irony going to that venue of all places? :D

Emperor   

^ :D********** BUSTED *****************

War nimanki beentoodi waa laqarxinay, Adeer maxaa sidaa ugu gashayna :D

That picture was dodged and not in Accra, the house in the background looks Riyaale's compound in Hargeisa, they must have taken AU flag and put next to the Somaliland one Lol...

Look at the african flags in the venue, they seem to be clean next to eath other on an empty especial garden, and no houses near...

JB, you have some serious questions to answer, come forward.... that house next to your SL flag is a Somali design and hence the pic was taken somewhere in Hargeisa.

That picture was dodged and not in Accra, the house in the background looks Riyaale's compound in Hargeisa, they must have taken AU flag and put next to the Somaliland one Lol...

I wish Hargeisa is as beautiful as Accra. Seems you never been to Hargeisa but your perception is not bad :D

Look at the african flags in the venue, they seem to be clean next to eath other on an empty especial garden, and no houses near...

Confusion has exceeded its limit that we even deny those African flags in Accra. I never seen Ghana but i'll call a Ghnanian to answer this.

that house next to your SL flag is a Somali design and hence the pic was taken somewhere in Hargeisa.

how somali design ?? you better consult an arciteture before you talk about house designs adeer.