Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

MOVE THE CAPITAL FROM MOGADISHU?

OLOL   

Well, I think what we have here is the folks from Starbucks and all their hoopla. Nothing original. It is another Fadhi-Ku-Dirir, this time in the cyber world.

I could come up with a plenty of ways to answer back to these prejudiced imposters but I have to remind myself that when someone of these provincial Somalis shows characteristic behavior, to just pay no attention and ignore it. I also have to remind myself that all this antagonistic hearsay is just the usual "Mudugh & Puntlandish" front. I have been informed that this kind of talk is what these nomads thrive: hiding behind smokescreens in order to boost their tormented egos.

Ma ceyrtii baa la jaray? Ma qurbahaa lala qabsan waayay? A primitive mind can’t cope with this ever-changing and dynamic globalizing modernity. So, looking back to what is familiar and holding to it is quite comfortable. Qabyaalad is really a fascinating Somali religion.

Somali political reality is a tough business though. And I must admit that. Nowadays it is quite so politically trendy to blame the messenger. This is the message folks:

Mogadishu is the Somali capital. The civil war was indeed very destructive but it had bulldozed nomadic folklore illusion and created new realities on the ground. The most influential Somalis in our era are in the Capital and guess what folks they are not warlords or opportunistic politicians. An exile warlord-president and his expatriate cheerleaders could romanticize these nomadic fairytales. On the other side of the inequation,ruthless warlords and clannish supporters on the opposing group, could also flex their muscle for a while but at the end of the day, change will come and the progressive voices of the scholars, intellectuals ( not clannish PH.D holders ) civil society activists will triumph and Somalia Inshallah will recuperate this disastrous amnesia.

Xamar waa ka barbar islaan sidii baati iyo laano!!

Baashi   

Originally posted by OLOL:

Well, I think what we have here is the folks from Starbucks and all their hoopla. Nothing original. It is another Fadhi-Ku-Dirir, this time in the cyber world.

I could come up with a plenty of ways to answer back to these prejudiced imposters but I have to remind myself that when someone of these provincial
Somalis shows characteristic behavior
, to just pay no attention and ignore it. I also have to remind myself that all this
antagonistic hearsay is just the usual "Mudugh & Puntlandish" front
. I have been informed that this kind of talk is what these nomads thrive: hiding behind smokescreens in order to boost their tormented egos.

Ma ceyrtii baa la jaray? Ma qurbahaa lala qabsan waayay? A primitive mind can’t cope with this ever-changing and dynamic globalizing modernity. So, looking back to what is familiar and holding to it is quite comfortable. Qabyaalad is really a fascinating Somali religion.

Somali political reality is a tough business though. And I must admit that. Nowadays it is quite so politically trendy to blame the messenger. This is the message folks:

Mogadishu is the Somali capital. The civil war was indeed very destructive but it had bulldozed nomadic folklore illusion and created new realities on the ground. The
most influential Somalis in our era are in the Capital
and guess what folks
they are not warlords or opportunistic politicians
. An exile warlord-president and his expatriate cheerleaders could romanticize these nomadic fairytales. On the other side of the inequation,ruthless warlords and clannish supporters on the opposing group, could also flex their muscle for a while but at the end of the day, change will come and the progressive voices of the scholars, intellectuals ( not clannish PH.D holders ) civil society activists will triumph and Somalia Inshallah will recuperate this disastrous amnesia.

aren't Asha Abdalla, Shirwac, Cabdi Samatar and Co. doing great job?

Xamar waa ka barbar islaan sidii baati iyo laano!!

Classic :D

Pointless and incoherent rubbish and no substance :D

We are on the "looting" subject and you seem to justify this unjust loot and the legions who perfected this art. You seem to be cornered and you felt necessary to bring walfare and cayr and the fadhi-ku-dirir and coffee sipping starbuck crowd into the mix. Brilliant :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by wind.talker:

This notion that Col Yeey will bring clan "hegemony" is nothing but coffee-shop he-say propagated and compounded by Mogadishu war/druglords and their mightiest cohorts, the media.

The worst kind of insult is when someone writes utterly rubbish and wants you to believe as if it is a divine word. WT hegemony and nepotism are the policies of Yeey governance from SSDF to the present. And if you want to deny that then sxb 'biyihi Bartacad aya kugu maqan'.

I have noticed in this thread that awoowe Bashi has emerged from his hibernation and eager to spread his ill conceived and dark wisdom.

Basho awoowe gocasho intey gari karta, ma waxan kaso bilowna 1990 iyo wixii ka dambeyay mise tan iyo inti xurnimada laqatey.

Houses have been looted, land and other properties likewise. But when did all start and when did it escalate? Untill you guys come to realise what was the catatlyst and cause to the current dilema and evaluate it, you will surely continuing wailing.

The kind of minds that has produced such civil misery in Somalia is present in Bashi according to this statement he wrote :

Horn, true Kismayo is a Somali city. So is Mogadishu where you actually have your booli qaran. If you are man enough make your stand where is needed. In any event, Kismayo is open to all but not ready to purge its residents and replace with other kooyto! Shido ma jidho boowe innagu waan iska heshiin doonaa ee waxaad yeeshaa wax isku hara aduun galinba waa ceyne

Only if you understand the message Bashi is trying to tell Horn in here then you will be able to solve where and when did the catastrophic tribal warfare start in Somalia.....

Baashi   

Why don't you help us all and decipher the coded message you seem to have gleaned from the post? Plz do that n will take it from there. Why can't y'all put on your finger on this invisible thing in my post that seems to hit ur nerves.

Again we are on "looting" subject. If there had been systematic and institutionalized looting done by the former government just bring it on and simply state it so we can put under magnifying glasses.

Let's for once condemn the looting and vigilante mindset as a method to rectify past grievances. Grown up men have been known to fight against each other in the battle fields but when the chabter is closed they have also known to sit down and put all on the reconciliation table. We are at a point where Somali state is hopelessly in need of rescue. It's in this spirit that I want to engage with whoever is dignified enough to talk sense and face the lion squarely in the eye and say al right lets deal this for once.

Gabbal   

Baashi Kismaayo kuuma diidani adeer. Aad, dag, guryahaad ku lahaan jirtay ka doono.

Aniguse Xamar kol horaan ka samray. Guryahaheeni agoon, hee, baa dagan. What can anyone say to that? What can anyone say about that? Where is Xalal vs Xaram in this case?

Hadaadse awal iga garan Cabudwaq ama Balanbale mid un baa dagi markaan Soomaaliya ku laabto. Xamar waa ka samray, kumana laablaabanayi. smile.gif

OLOL   

HornAfrik - don't lose hope! Xamar is more cosmopolitan than ever... if the "Butcher of Hargeisa " can easily be welcomed and get his "Booli Qaran" back, you have a lot of chances there. waxaa igu maqaala ah in villa saddex dabaq ah oo uu ku lahaa agagaarka circolo officiale in iyadoo sideedii u bad qabta uu dhex jiifo - welibana waxaa la sheegay in madiina mid uu ku lahaa iyo too kale oo ku tiilay agagaarka Jaziira loo soo celiyay? waa yaabe Morgan intoow ka keenay hantidaas uu ku dhistay intaas oo villooyin?

ha la xisaabtamyo ma xumo- reer magaal ma hishiin waayaan! igaarkii hal cariishh ka cararay iyo kii " garab" iyo "musuqmaasuq " iyo xoolo qaran oo xaaraan ah wax ku dhistay waa la kasaa! waxaan xasuustaa in xaafadeena (shanta geed) eey anagoo aad u yar yar soo dageen cid ka imaatay kor iyo galbeedka itoobiya. reer baadiye assoluto ah. waa la soo dhaweeyay - dadka dariska ah aa caashuun , sariir mobil ah iyo dhowr ganbar ugu deeqay. cidii seddax sanad ka dib waa guurtay. tobon sano ka dib, waxaa xaafadda booqasho ku yimid wiilkoodii iyo gabadhii ugu weyyneed oo landcruiser kala xiran wata - yaabka yaabkiis, ciyaal xaafadii eey dugsi quraanka isla dhagan jireen weli macaawiis iyo dacas eey wataan baraakooyinkeey ku jireenna weli eey dhex joogaan! su'aal? see ku dhacday sheekadaas? martiqaad ayaa lagu qabtray guri villa ah oo seddex dabaq ah oo iskoolka banaadir agtiisa ku yaalay oo cidii caashuunka loo gaday - qaad freezer igu jiro, vcr, dhowr gaari ( Mercedez Benz, VW Passat iyo old Fiat 132 parking ugu jiro ) leh laba waardiye - ciyaalkii xaafada baagamuudada ahaa martiqaad loogu sameeyay. meshaas waxaa la fiirsaday ciyaar soccer ah oo dhex martay AC MILAN iyo Bercelona -

saan u xassusto lee - martiqaad fiican oow ahaa

cidiiba ma ahan qaxootiga aheeyd - ka waran hadii qaxooti heerkaas gaaray maxaa u maleeyneeysaa kuwa dawladda lahaa ama kuwa isa siiyay ineey iyaga duriyad ahaan dhaxal u lahaayeen hogaaminta dalka?

"

Former Somalia defense minister gets properties back

Wed. June 01, 2005 12:24 pm.

After a surprise visit to Mogadishu, former Somali defense minister, General Mohamed Said Hersi (Morgan) is claiming the properties he fled a decade ago. His old foes with whom he fought many years welcomed him with open hands and promised to give back whatever the general left behind when he fled Mogadishu in 1991.

General Morgan’s old enemy Mr. Yussuf Mohamed aka Indha Adde who controls one province in the south ordered the general’s large farm to be vacated by current owners who assumed ownership after the general fled the country with a convoy of armored vehicles with his father-in-law, former president, Moahamed Siad Barre. He will also reclaim real estate properties in Mogadishu.

The General served as the nation’s top soldier as defense minister under his father-in-law’s regime. He’s now back in Mogadishu and reconciled with southern warlords after he broke ranks with the current interim president, Mr. Abdulahi Yussuf Ahmed whose fragile government operates out of Nairobi, Kenya.

"

Gabbal   

HornAfrik - don't lose hope! Xamar is more cosmopolitan than ever... if the "Butcher of Hargeisa " can easily be welcomed and get his "Booli Qaran" back, you have a lot of chances there. waxaa igu maqaala ah in villa saddex dabaq ah oo uu ku lahaa agagaarka circolo officiale in iyadoo sideedii u bad qabta uu dhex jiifo - welibana waxaa la sheegay in madiina mid uu ku lahaa iyo too kale oo ku tiilay agagaarka Jaziira loo soo celiyay? waa yaabe Morgan intoow ka keenay hantidaas uu ku dhistay intaas oo villooyin?

Sxb the story of how my father tried to buy back his properties is one that can be told only in person. Do know what is on a poster sprayed with blood nailed to our ganjeel says? "Firki (Cidayda) haday soo laabtaan togasho maahaane soo dhawaan kale ma lahan". Meel fir laga gaadhay maxaa iga yaal? That's my father, I, my future son, his future son, his future son, etc.

It was only last year when my father was on a business trip to the continent when he tried it back, but believe me Xamar waan ka samray.

OLOL   

HornAfrik - hadoow ku yaalay gurigiina Jidka Fagax - agagaarka Baar Bakiin iyo warshadda sigaarka - weli ceymaad leedahay.

hadiise uu dhinaca madiina ama kaaraan ku yaal - aniga laftigeeyga habar yarteey gurigeeda oo laba dabaq ah aa ku yaalay mana degana iyadda xaafadda dayax gacmeedka agtiisa waase (Suuq Argentiin ) - ijaar oo loogu jiraa lacagna iyada kama qaadato laakiin weli waa gurigeedii

laakiin maalintii isbaarooyin la qaado - militia la aruuriyo - dadka dago - isqabqabsi goofeedka iyo tredicaha ah dhamaado - waxaan hubaa qof walba oo xamar deganaa gurigii uu xalaasha ku dhistay inuu u laaban doono -

kuwiii xaaraan iyo booli qaran wax ku xadayna - nasiibkood hee !

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Baashi:

It's in this spirit that I want to engage with whoever is dignified enough to talk sense and face the lion squarely in the eye and say al right lets deal this for once.

Awoowe hadalkeyga halku ka marey..I asked you halke ka bilowna gocashada...pre or post 1990.

Yes I agree with you looting should be condnmed whether it is both individually , tribalistically or stately organised.

So awoowe where do we start from?

As for your msg to Horn awoowe dont flater yourself it was not coded it was plain and apparent and only 'nin dhohan' aya uu bahan in lo fasiro.

posted by Horn

Sxb the story of how my father tried to buy back his properties is one that can be told only in person. Do know what is on a poster sprayed with blood nailed to our ganjeel says? "Firki (Cidayda) haday soo laabtaan togasho maahaane soo dhawaan kale ma lahan". Meel fir laga gaadhay maxaa iga yaal? That's my father, I, my future son, his future son, his future son, etc.

Abti aad iyo aad ayaan uga xumaaday arinka idinka qabsatay dhulkiina aad xalaasha ku dhisateen oo maanta la idinka erayanayo. walaahi waa arin aad looga muragoobo.

Murti yar ann ku gabagabeeyo.

CIGAAL SHIIDAAD ayaa wuxuu yiri: Waxaan ku mooday, Waxaad noqotay iyo Waxaan loo noqondoonin

asxantu

Gabbal   

laakiin maalintii isbaarooyin la qaado - militia la aruuriyo - dadka dago - isqabqabsi goofeedka iyo tredicaha ah dhamaado -
waxaan hubaa qof walba oo xamar deganaa gurigii uu xalaasha ku dhistay inuu u laaban doono
-

War dhab ah, laakiin maxaa lagu dhahaa raga ku dhashay guryahaas qaxii ka bacdi ilaa iyo iminka? Maxaa lagu dhahi dadki yimid magaalada qaxii ka bacdi oo naf iyo maalba ka dhigteen guryahee dagan yahiin?

That in it itself is a walking time bomb, and I have no idea, absaloutely no idea, how it will work itself out.

Olol you represent those inhabitants on these forums (pardon the assumption) so can you please tell me just how you tell a mother and her kids to get out of the house they've lived in the past decade in the name of reconcialiation? In the spirit of reconciliation. Who is reconciled here?

I can tell you from my side, it's not even possible to tell a family to forget their "stolen" lands in the name of reconciliation. In the spirit of reconciliation. Who is reconciled here?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by checkmate:

quote:
posted by Horn

Abti aad iyo aad ayaan uga xumaaday arinka idinka qabsatay dhulkiina aad xalaasha ku dhisateen oo maanta la idinka erayanayo. walaahi waa arin aad looga muragoobo.

Murti yar ann ku gabagabeeyo.

CIGAAL SHIIDAAD ayaa wuxuu yiri:
Waxaan ku mooday, Waxaad noqotay iyo Waxaan loo noqondoonin

asxantu
Asxantu saana abtigiis, dhibaata ma leh Somali baynu nahay.

Congrats on your baby girl too. smile.gif

Baashi   

Originally posted by OLOL

laakiin maalintii isbaarooyin la qaado - militia la aruuriyo - dadka dago - isqabqabsi goofeedka iyo tredicaha ah dhamaado - waxaan hubaa qof walba oo xamar deganaa gurigii uu xalaasha ku dhistay inuu u laaban doono -

kuwiii xaaraan iyo booli qaran wax ku xadayna - nasiibkood hee !

Case closed smile.gif .

Originally posted by jumatatu:

Awoowe hadalkeyga halku ka marey..I asked you halke ka bilowna gocashada...pre or post 1990.

Yes I agree with you looting should be condnmed whether it is both individually , tribalistically or stately organised.

So awoowe where do we start from?

As for your msg to Horn awoowe dont flater yourself it was not coded it was plain and apparent and only 'nin dhohan' aya uu bahan in lo fasiro.

Warkuba waa intaa dee awoowe smile.gif . Hadda baad rag la xaajoon kartaa oo warkaagu macno sameynayaa. Ha laga bilaabo lixdankii ilaa iyo yoomul aamunuu war xun ma aha. Laakiin taasu waxba ka baddeli meyso kana hor is taagi meyso qofna gurrigiisii. Ciddii dawladii hore mudici ku ah hadde waa u furan tahay inay dacwad furto oo cidii wax uga maqan yihiin ay ku oogto. Waxaanse marnaba macna sameyneyn “aryaa anaa xoreystey†:D

Midka aa tidhi waad u baaqday Horn oo war sirgaxan oo aan munaasib ahayn baad halakan ku qortay addigaa farta wax ku goday e warka cadee ama afkaaga heyso oo iska aamu. Awoowe wax lala hulaabto meeshatan ma yaaliin oo hadde waa shabakad khiyaali ah. Sideydana warkeygu waaba iska cad yahay ninkii madmadow uu ka jirana anaaba diyaar ula ah oo ka haqab tiraya. Wax weydiintu wax xun ma aha oo hadii tuhun ku galay oo wax ku muuq muuqdeen :D waa wax suuro ah laakiin xayi iska dhig oo sida isu dhaan oo hadaadba marku hadashay si waafi ah u dhamaystir oo sheeg waxaad ka diday :D . So far tuhunkan aad sheegin waxuu yahay addigu gaar kugu yahay.