Sign in to follow this  
FatB

is this saxiix

FatB   

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (5269) from Sa’eed ibn Jubayr from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Healing is in three things: drinking honey, the incision of a cupper, and cauterizing with fire, but I forbid my ummah to use cauterizing.”

FatB   

Don’t really trust the website I got it from...n I don’t have a bukhari to verify it.

Back home, if a child had an illness or an infection, the affected areas where burnt, according to this hadith it is wrong? or have i misinterpreted the hadiith

Naden   

Here is a website that will allow you to do a keyword search. I don't think there's any room for misinterpretation.

There is another version on that same site ( Number 5468). It claims that the practice of cauterization is disliked .

FatB   

so... its rightt. then why do many people in somalia and other parts practice cauterization? or are they like i was, ignorant of the rulings concerning the matter?

Naden   

tHe oNe aNd OnLy,

Burning off diseased parts was the only way to save a limb or heal a wound (although some of the practices of people past were more desperate voodoo than medicine). The modern versions of cauterization, using electricity or chemicals, are used in surgeries to stop small vessel bleeding, treat future nose bleeds, and maybe remove warts and so on.

I'm curious about what you think of the whole supposed saying. The prophet (csw) was not a doctor and probably used what was available to his contemporaries. Muslims do not treat illness by honey, they rush to antibiotics, BP lowering drugs and all other modern treatments. Could he have been simply speaking of his preferred methods of treatment to people who asked him?

FatB   

"his preferred methods"... what do u mean preferred method? i would have thought that every thing the rasuul did had divin influence!....

Biixi, more like in the past

so, basically i got all those burn marks for nought?....

Naden   

^ Careful there, prophethood and divinity can be too close for comfort.

If Mohamed's (csw) every act/speech was divinely directed, it will be difficult not to think of him as God personified, no?

Viking   

Originally posted by Naden:

^ Careful there, prophethood and divinity can be too close for comfort.

If Mohamed's (csw) every act/speech was divinely directed, it will be difficult not to think of him as God personified, no?

Naden,

There's a verse in the Qur'an that says what the Prophet SAW brought to us was from Allah and not his whims. So yes, you should follow what the Prophet told you to do as if it was Allah telling you directly because he is nothing but a Messenger with a Divine Message.

Naden   

^ Viking, and yet honey and cuppering do not heal all illness (a generalization I gather from the hadith as it does not specify ailments) even if we consider them amongst what was brought to us was from Allah.

The verse you refer to (53:2-3) illustrates the important difference between نطق and قول (utterance & saying).

u know since stop using sugar and salt and switched to honey...my health has improved tremendously...!

i read more, i sleep much better, and i dont feel tried no more. u need the pure honey though.

try the honey and stop the sugar n salt. of course no jung food...thats just gonna put alot of jung in your trunk.

Biixi   

"Biixi, more like in the past

so, basically i got all those burn marks for nought?...."

Those burn marks probably boosted your IQ, otherwise you would've been not you!

Honey in the west has a lot addatives that may harm your figure lol, and the exported foods are so dangerous too eat these days.

For your general information.

"Honey is an ancient remedy for the treatment of infected wounds, which has recently been 'rediscovered' by the medical profession, particularly where conventional modern therapeutic agents are failing. There are now many published reports describing the effectiveness of honey in rapidly clearing infection from wounds, with no adverse effects to slow the healing process; there is also some evidence to suggest that honey may actively promote healing. In laboratory studies, it has been shown to have an antimicrobial action against a broad spectrum of bacteria and fungi. However, further research is needed to optimise the effective use of this agent in clinical practice."

Source

Rahima   

^ Viking, and yet honey and cuppering do not heal all illness (a generalization I gather from the hadith as it does not specify ailments) even if we consider them amongst what was brought to us was from Allah.

Nor do antibiotics or drugs. Healing is from Allah ultimately, but we as humans are to seek all alternatives avaible to us so long as they do not oppose the teaching of the prophet.

So there is nothing wrong with utilising modern medicines such as antibiotics; and at the same time use honey and black seed.