Sign in to follow this  
Garyaqaan2

who can define (Qabiil)

Aslaamu Calaykum W.wb.

brothers and sisters i want ask you this Question which i think is very intersting.

Can you define "Qabiil" ?

who can tell us the best way to use and how to use?

Why some people think when they hear the word Qabiil is very shame?

Qabiilka sidiisaba ma leeyahay qasaaro iyo faa iido?

waxaan jeclaan lahaa in qofkasta ka dhiibto rayigiisa asagoo istacmaalaayo maskaxdiisa iyo jawaabta niyadiisa ku soo dhacdo.

Shaq shaq wareejiyo hurguf................

:D

OG_Girl   

Oooh let me back to my grade 4 text book. They define like this Clan system (Netham Alqabaly) is :

"Group of People share same lineage(same nasab or blood)) settled in the same area. There was a leader (Sheikh) that was the ruler over the whole Clan. He was responsible for his people. He was the one that had to be sure that they had enough to eat and their animals, rersponsible for their secure. In return, they have to help him when he needs them .they have to obey if he called for battle.Their responsible to show up when ever he calls them when he needs them".

Was good system , and was in need but after Islam people did not need the head of Clan(sheikh) cause there was system protected them and meet their needs.

About if Qabiil is bad or good.. is the way you use it. If you use it to identify who is your blood to keep "selat A raham". But is not good to show how superior you are!.

My self, I tell my qabiil any one asks me and don't see any thing bad at all. My mom has her clan name as her last name so do all her people back home.

I forgot to add that we still have head of Clan as a sympol for respect like Queen in England for Canadian and Australian but have no much effect for their system today.

Salam

OG_Girl

thanks for going back to your 4th grade tax book.

it is very good to educate ourself.

Originally posted by OG_Girl

"About if Qabiil bad or good.. is the way you use it. If you use it to identify who is your blood to keep "selat A raham". But is not good to show how superior you are!."

very good point <.....

Jumatatu

lol i was waiting your opinion, you just pointed my name.

i belive everybady thinks different about qabill .

i am waiting what other think about qabill.

SOO MAAL   

Og Girl thank you for your ample explanation of qabiil, the concept of qabiil in essence depends on how people use it, people can use it in positive side like silah al rahm as all ah said in Surah Al-Hujaraat Ayaah 13 ( mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

But in Somali Peninsula, Somali people used qabiil in the wrong ways like helping the murderer(denying the justice for the victim), Politicizing the qabiil, which is extremely dangerous phenomena, Somali history is great witness, all periods of Somali history, Before Colonial era (Somali tribes use to fight over grazing areas), colonial era ( all British, Italian, and French colonial powers that occupied Somali peninsula used Somali tribes against each other to crush defeat freedom movements, as divide and rule - proven equation). Post colonial era (Somalis failed to rule them selves, also Somali politicians failed to come up with political platform and ideology for Somalia, because their ignorance the only thing they campaigning for became the qabiil they belong, these led to destructive Civil wars that caused so much pain for Somali people. The problem is that All Somali political factions are based on qabiil from SNM, SSDF,USC, AND RRA. We very informed the qabiil damaged south Somalia and turned Mogadishu into ghost city. Even two peaceful Somali regions in the north Somaliland and puntland are both based on qabiil snm and ssdf, and their recent conflict is based on qabiil.

Somali politician need to grow up from for qabiil politics, it only proved pain and division for Somali people (the fact that any Somali politicians to camping for his affiliation for certain qabiil is not political platform). Somali politicians need to find other political ideologies such as liberalism, conservatism, Islamism, communism, and for get about qabiil ideology. Somali politicians should show leadership and come up with a vision for Somalia.

The Somali clan system is a primitive structure that divides people into rival groups. It spread through our social fabric to the core. It created conflicts and clashes.

Because of the clan animosity we destroyed our nation and more than one million innocent lives were lost while more than two million Somalis become dispossessed.

What is so appalling and disgusting about the clan system of the Somalis is it will never disappear.

Our parents and elderly people are illiterate and ignorant nomadic folk who know nothing else but the clan system and they still plant the seeds of discord, divisiveness and hatred in our minds on daily basis. we can't escape of this fact. i have witnessed it and experience it. the clan sentiments still play big role in our lives even here in the Diaspora. Here in this forum we have clannish people promoting the interest of their particular clan. Their whole rational and logic is based on it. They can't liberate themselves from its shackles. The clan has impaired their god give intellect.These people go to universities and institutions of higher learning in the developed world but still think like geel jirayaal.

the clan politics still haunts us even here in this lousy forum. we have those who defame and accuse other clans. we have those who support their clannish so called politicians and advocate for them. that is really depressing and disappointing. We can't get rid of the clan system no matter how hard we try to educate our people about its backwardness and destructiveness. We are all confused about it and have no clue how to deal with it.

If we want to make our country a progressive and modern one, we must do away with the clan and its vices. We are all one same big family and we can live in peace together and prosper togather. We have to understand we are all brothers and sisters and not members of particular clan. Let us all reject the tribalism of our forefathers and see each other as Muslims and Somalis first.

We have all one destiny and that is to make our country, Somalia a peaceful prosperous one.

In the holly Quran it says:

" WaiAtasimoo bihabli Allahi jameeAan wala tafarraqoo waothkuroo niAmata Allahi Aalaykum ith kuntum aAdaan faallafa bayna quloobikum faasbahtum biniAmatihi ikhwanan wakuntum Aala shafa hufratin mina alnnari faanqathakum minha kathalika yubayyinu Allahu lakum ayatihi laAallakum tahtadoona."

" And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided. "

Originally posted by macalimu

"Our parents and elderly people are illiterate and ignorant nomadic folk who know nothing else but the clan system and they still plant the seeds of discord, divisiveness and hatred in our minds on daily basis. we can't escape of this fact."

sxb lets not put the blain on our parents i am sure you parents don't want you to use the clan in bad way they just want you to learn your relative who is closer to you or who is not.

bro our elderly folks i don't think that they are ignorant. i belive that our generation took "Qabyaalada" in the wrong direction.

SOO MAAL >>>>>>

wonderful i like The aayah that you took as exsample.

Jumatatu sxb came up with your opinion not my name

my name is just a name.

bro and sis the question is Why some people think when they hear the word Qabiil is very shame.?

or why same people get very mad when they hear that word?

to me is just fun to talk about Clan couse you will learn all different of clans :D

batac batac bashakalalax wash yaawaaye hee..... :D

juba   

macalimuu you hit the nail on the head. its all on the part of our ancestores ingnorance by not seeing the destruction this clans system has caused. Imagine where somalia would be without it: great places. And its true that getting rid of this system that has prevailed since the dawn of time, will be impossible. If not get rid of it atleast lets strive to get it out of plotics for good!

yes its nice to know our relatives but at what cost? death of a nation aswell as a people? progress is hindered by this clan system.