Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Interesting discussion from Bosaso Sheikhs on Somalia situation......

Xoogsade   

Both links don't work for me. Will try again though I wouldn't mind if you highlight for me the main points.

Thanks btw bro.

What a provocative and timely discussion this is! Intellectually stimulating as well!

Here is what these learned scholars had the courage to take on: the fiqh of ensuring the survival of Somalis to revive Somalia, the republic! I have listened both sessions. I found the first session incomplete, and somewhat accusatory in nature. The second session is really great. It says intaan la rimmanaa waayadan oo dhan! Jihad is a means. The goal is to win, and not necessarily to die and meet the shahaadah! You can’t fight the enemy when you are utterly divided and weak! It talks about the exodus, and the death and destruction Ethiopia exacted on Xamar. It suggests a more meaningful and encompassing strategy to face and overcome today’s challenges. Divided Somalia is no match to the resourceful enemy that’s Ethiopia---the chief conclusion of these lectures!

Take the initiative and compromise. Realize your weak spots, and attempt to reasonably heal them! Promote unity. Understand division and what it really does; serves enemy’s purpose!Do jihad Al shacab and don’t sacrifice the cream of this dacwah in a war that they hardly understand who in reality are they fighting with, Ethiopia or America, or the world!

I wish I had more time with this! Where’s my sheikh, sheikh Nur as suumaali? I will come back Inshaa Allah!

Xoogsade   

I listened to the first part, and though it was accusatory in nature and the sheekh sounded very defensive, it was still good. He raised valid points not suitable where it matters the most which is Muqdisho. In Muqdisho, you are a target all the time, no chance to teach, mosques are closed or briefly occupied for prayer and soon abandoned, no safe place to conduct necessary means for a useful strategy and you have to stay in hiding. People are being killed on a daily basis, there is blood visible everywhere, young men rounded up, looting and robbery are rampant committed by clan militia and ethiopian troops. In such state, who has time on fine points before they react? Honestly, the same sheekh is next in line for the chopping block, he is next for the murder. It is a matter of time. He is best served joining others or give encouragement instead. I get the impression that he was either for passive resistance or for no resistance at this point of time. Let us just take whatever handed to us and carry on sorta suggestion.

I didn't get to the second part, and I hope it has a better voice than the first part.

Jamster   

Xiin and Xoogsade,

Which Sheikh was accusotory-- I can not listen as I have no audio on my computer. Let me know.

Thansk.

Xoogsade   

Fahiye, I didn't get his name but he is the first sheekh who spoke the entire 33 minutes of the lecture. He was a bit defensive and accusatory. May be he heard or knew some who criticised him for calling other than a war at this time. He was saying people should not be bothered with corrections we are making to the cause. At least he called the Xabashis enemies and expressed disapproval of the occupation. His message was mixed and my impression was that he wasn't for a war this time.

GJ should know his name perhaps.

CQadir Nur Farax (Gacmey)is the scholar i was refering to, Fahiye! He’s a great scholar by the way, and wise one at that. But in this particular lecture of his, his tone got in the way of what he was getting across to his audence, or that was the impresson i got! The lecturer (Sh. Ahmed Bile) who preceded Sh. Gacmey presented a list of what he called topics of dispute, in a scholarly fashion! Anyways this was a good presentation and it’s needed.

i am still short of time. i will come and take some nomads to the task :D ...

Baashi   

At issue is whether the civil war within Muslim polity such as the conflict in Somalia qualify as Jihad. In response to that question, which is the subject of discussion in the upcoming debate as infered in the clip, the Sheikh tried to narrate the background of these events as a backdrop of the larger question of how to end the conflict.

Xiin awoowe as they say in the land of honey and milk you gotta get the record straight before you dissect the details of the issue in dispute. Who did what, when, and why and what were the consequences of the decisions made by the leaders is something that needs to be straighten out from the get-go.

I kinda feel vindicated. I will sue these two scholars as they seem to advance good 'ol Baashi's "policy" without giving the proper credit he singularly deserves :D

The good Sheikh said there is a third way and that is to negotiate with the devils in the hope that we save thousands and thousands of innocent civilians without compromising our core principles. How and under what terms -- all these are secondary and can be worked out once the concept has been accepted. Listen how the Sheikh puts on his tactician gear when he narrates ways and means of putting Ethiopians on the hot seat -- get your ducks in line first, give the politicians a way out, and have them tell the Ethiopians, in a united voice, to get out. If it gets out wonderful and if not plan B kicks in and wala you are in a position to galvanize and energize grassroot uprising from enf to end. It might not work but it is effective if it takes off from the ground and saves blood of innocent civilians as well.

I say amin to that.

Fabregas   

One of the Sheikhs( I believe in the first lecture) touched on one of the least discussed and biggest Fitnahs which has plagued the Muslim world in the last 100 years, ie declaring war against secular regimes.I believe this is the Sheikh ppl said was defensive! I will add my few words to this discussion, when I get the right time, which is probably some time next week.