Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Under an Acacia Tree

Baashi   

Northern awoowe may I bring your attention to poet Timacadde’s famous line. Speaking of Somalis and their tendency to shoot themselves in the foot and how they are naturally disposed of exposing themselves to foreign influences, he coined this memorable line:

Iyadoo is wada weydey baa wiida loo rogiye

As to the topic awoowe I agree that acacia tree’s shade is where this baby is heading to.

Dirrin is arguably the best venue where Somalia’s pathologically infested political problem can be dissected and ultimately settle. There are other undesirable ways in which this conflict can be brought to a close. One of them is all out war – civil war – where one faction gathers enough resources and mounts a successful winner takes all attack against other competing factions.

The latter is not a preferable option and it is hardly a prescription for a lasting peace. The first is extremely difficult stunt to pull off but not impossible feat to accomplish. With honest broker and able leadership, competing political factions can indeed reach a consensus to end this conflict.

The trillion dollar question is how to get them sit under acacia tree and have them discussing in earnest! Get the following technicalities right and the proverbial dirrin will deliver a la nomad style: who gets to sit on the dirrin, where should it be rolled out, what agenda should be discussed, and how best can the final outcome be implemented.

I don’t have the answers. However I do have four phases of reconciliation process in mind.

The practical thing to do at this juncture is to effectively decouple political migraines from cardiovascular diseases. Put aside the recovery zones and their issues for the time being. Instead focus on Islamists movements and the TFG simultaneously but in parallel tracks.

One track would be uniting Islamists on Sharia governance platform. In so doing the religious scholars who are charged to bring these actors to the dirrin must spare no effort to get the terrorist indictment against them lifted.

On the other track would be convincing TFG to have its parliamentarians be truly representative of their localities. Representation means representation period. This will reduce the size of the parliament to numbers reflective of the true nature of the southern clan makeup.

Once representative political actors based on the infamous 4.5 formulas is consolidated and anchored in the TFG platform only then can the next phase of the process be implemented!

Now the question is how to make the first phase happen. How to unite the Islamists and how to effectively detoxify and then streamline TFG into meaningful political unit? How to do all these things within reasonable time!

This game ain’t easy baba!

Duufaan   

You cannot divide and sometime pretend finding solution. It can only be one solution.

Somali situation never been worst and I do not see any solution very soon. The situation is even grimmer the warlods period. At least they were nationalist by nature. One side you have Alshabaab who will never sit table with anybody. The other side you have energized pro- colonial groups competing the blessing of colonial powers. It is really sad time, where the only options are Alshabaab vs. Pro- colonial groups (from Sharif in north moqdisho to British protected tribes in North West)

Somalia would never got, it is independence if the colonial group were not silenced and outnumbered. The pro colinal goups can not be trusted and they can not bring peace in somalia. The international community must stop interfering or seek a real solution for Somalia before too late. Otherwise everyone will pay prize

N.O.R.F   

Baashi, good points.

The first obstacle is convincing people that compromise is good. Compromise is not failure. Compromise would lead to a better situation for all.

I’m hoping our resident gun-ho AS voice Kashafa joins this dirrin (without his C4 vest of course).

Haatu   

Norf, I heard Kashafa said he'd join the dirin but only if he's allowed to bring his RPG :D

I've got a question for you Norf. Will you accept that we should give the Somali government a chance and then hold a referendum or are you for seperation 100%?

N.O.R.F   

^Aar ma hilibkaan so badiyaa? :D

There is no other way saxib. Going to EU countries on extended visits isn't going to get SL recognition. Wax fahan ninyow.

Haatu, haven't you read what I proposed to Oody? He is on board :D

Haatu   

Just as big as that ood is, is how bid your stance on seccession is. However, our dear friend Mr Norf is of thickle type. Tomorrow he shall come with a brand new proposal in where he shall completely contradict himself, as it were. ;)

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Haatu:

Just as big as that
ood
is, is how bid your stance on seccession is. However, our
dear
friend
Mr Norf
is of thickle type. Tomorrow he shall come with a brand new
proposal
in where he shall completely
contradict
himself, as it were.
;)

LoL, a sidewinder if ever there was one.

The sun had set on the isolated somali political environment, that is foreign interference-free, and with the climate change this is how Norfsky's acacia tree looks like :

399633_lone_acacia.jpg

geed aan hadh lahayn

flag.png

^ Al-shabaab don't negotiate with infidels.

som_flag.gif&t=1&h=186&w=271&usg=__r4yto

^ TFG wants to negotiate, funds management is what they want to negotiate on.

puntland-flag.jpg

^ these guys want to negotiate, hostage negotiation that its.

[b/] Somaliland+Flag.jpg

^ these guys want to negotiate on which color to paint the Mig monument in Hargiesa.

ONLF_flag.png

^ These guys hmmmm they are not even part of Somalia they shouldn't be invited at all.

Cal%5B1%5D.gif

^ these guys only negotiate with their cousins.

finally if you get it then you do, if you dont then I will kill you :mad:

Ibtisam   

North maybe you should have invited few females into your peace attempt, it might have calmed the level of testosterone in the air and all the chest beating. .