Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Shabab Whipping Women For Wearing Bra's. LOL

nuune   

Helen Nyambura Mwaura, the lady who edited Abdi Sheikh's article and added more cusbo and suugo into the original story is known to write negative stories about Alshabaab since their rise, but she writes negative about all of Somalia.

Helen is from Kenya, and journalists in Kenya are famous for their twisted articles about Somalia to enhance earnings from world press like that of AFP and Reuters, and they fabricate about having local journalists in Somalia to make their stories more stable!

Allaahu yaclam

nuune   

^^ This is not about Alshabaab, they are crazy, everyone knows dat, but this article is humiliation intended for Somalia and Somali women in particular, and this is a campaighn done by Kneyan journalists, just like that Kenyan journalist who wrote that weird article about Somalia couple months back!

Many people will think this article will damage Alshabaab, IT IS NOT, it si your pride, and Somalis need to come out in protest about this kind of rubbish being ciruculated by Reuters in the name of Kenyan jourtnalists

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Garaad Bari:

This Sounds crazy,,,,,, could this be TRUE!!!!!!wallahi from these wild boys it is.. remember it was yesterday they wae removing capped teeth!

Just because one story was said to be true does not mean this nonsense is. Remember who we are talking about here, saaxib.

What is Al Shabab and what are they fighting for?

You see, it is one thing to hate and abhor your enemy and quite another to fall for every silly story that makes them look bad. Al Shabab, as you know and I know, want to turn Somalia into an Islamic run nation. Now you and I can argue about what that means and the level of severity they wish to apply but, surely, we can not argue over what an Islamic state is or how it would look like. We can't argue over the basic rules of respecting women, lowering of the gaze and all the red lines that should never be crossed when a man is dealing with a woman who is not his mahram. Yes, we expect an Al Shabab soldier to rebuke a woman who is not wearing her hijab (though we would argue about his authority there). Yes, we will not be surprised if he picks on a couple and demands to know if they're married or related (and again we would argue over the rightness or wrongness of such an act). However, because you and I are Muslim and KNOW what the deal is about intruding on women's private parts, we do not (and should not) accept stories about Al Shabab looking at women's chests and trying to work out if they're wearing push up bras or ones with the Somali star around the nipple area (of course, if we had our pervy hats on, we can fantasise until the cows come home). It goes against EVERYTHING they stand for (and they do stand for something).

This is akin to someone writing a report about Sh. Sharif organising all night orgies and importing countless Ethiopian prostitutes from Addis. Would you believe such a story? His opponents will point to his flip-flopping nature and may even cite the occasion when he shook Mrs Clinton’s hand (just like you did the teeth thing) to show that the good sheikh is not averse to touching foreign female flesh.

I oppose Al Shabab for their shortsightedness and confused logic but I do not for a minute doubt their overall sincerity (something that I strongly doubt in their opponents). Because if you ask Al Shabab why are they fighting, they will tell you it is because they want to institute an Islamic State in Somalia. If you ask them why are they opposing Sh. Sharif, they will tell you it is because he sold out. If you push them, they will give you a million examples of things they consider Haram and how it is their duty as Muslims to right such wrongs. Yet, the biggest wrong ever (in Islam or otherwise) is the death of innocents. I personally believe that all other sins/wrongdoings are acceptable if it would only mean that one life is saved (just one). Al Shabab disagree and claim not to be fans of expediency and pragmatism. To them, it is a matter of principle and dying for one’s beliefs. Such things as necessity, poverty of options or lack of choice are things they only consider on individual bases (if you’re starving, you can eat pork, etc). However, when it comes to collective considerations they refuse to budge and apply that same principle. It will dilute our faith, they argue. We must stand strong and fight against such watering down, no matter the losses.

Now, when you consider such beliefs, such stubbornness and such shortsightedness you may shake your head and try to think of ways to convince these madmen to see it your way. But, you surly can not question their (Islamic) morals or desire to ensure that Islam is what rules the land (albeit in their own wrapped vision of Islam). Now, please tell me where do bras fit into all of this?

What was it that Somalis say about killing the gaal whilst still being fair to him? Al Shabab, agree with them or don't, are not even gaalo, saaxib (and easy with the khawarj label, kids).

In short, stuff and nonsense. :D

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by nuune:

Many people will think this article will damage Alshabaab, IT IS NOT, it si your pride, and Somalis need to come out in protest about this kind of rubbish being ciruculated by Reuters in the name of Kenyan jourtnalists

I second that. This story is utter rubbish.

Haatu   

Originally posted by nuune:

Helen Nyambura Mwaura
, the lady who edited Abdi Sheikh's article and added more cusbo and suugo into the original story is known to write negative stories about Alshabaab since their rise, but she writes negative about all of Somalia.

Helen is from Kenya, and journalists in Kenya are famous for their twisted articles about Somalia to enhance earnings from world press like that of AFP and Reuters, and they fabricate about having local journalists in Somalia to make their stories more stable!

Allaahu yaclam

Mar hadeyba Keenyaan qurunleey tahey, waa been.

Simple as that

Castro   

Originally posted by *hatu*:

Mar hadeyba Keenyaan qurunleey tahey, waa been.

Simple as that

Qurunleey? Somali cid ka qurun badan way yartahay aduunkan.

Anyone humiliated by this article does not understand what humiliation means. Somalis litter the globe in the most miserable conditions and the (real) news sources are flush with stories that would bring tears to a rock. For a people who choose to live on this planet in infamy, we can't blame others for giving us a bad name. Not even Kenyan journalists have done a fraction of what we have done to our own reputations.

NGONGE, "overall sincerity"? You must like to read your own rubbish old man. The so called Shabaab are even worse than the puppet regime we have, an almost impossible feat. They have shown to possess little understanding of Islam and even less of politics. These nincompoops are entirely capable of the ridiculous edict mentioned in this "news" article.

Haatu   

^^^ easy sxb, easy. I only called her qurunleey coz of my experience with these people. Simple hate thats all.

Abwaan   

It is either true or they might have done something close to this. As far as the name of the reporter is concerned, they sometimes have to use a fake name in order to stay save specially if they work for the main news agencies like reuters and AFP.

Paragon   

Originally posted by *hatu*:

^^^ easy sxb, easy. I only called her qurunleey coz of my experience with these people. Simple hate thats all.

Qofkii Kenya wax badan soo joogey unbaa garan kara waxaaad ka hadleyso.

Castro iska daaya - sheekadu waxay kaga dheggan tahay 'ha la ii bilaabo Somali af xumaynteeda iyo eedeynteeda'.

Castro, Is marji, 'akhii' :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Castro:

NGONGE, "overall sincerity"? You must like to read your own rubbish old man. The so called Shabaab are even worse than the puppet regime we have, an almost impossible feat. They have shown to possess little understanding of Islam and even less of politics. These nincompoops are entirely capable of the ridiculous edict mentioned in this "news" article.

I do as it happens. :D

I still stand by what I wrote above. Unlike you Castro I don't sway with the wind. I'd give any group the benefit of the doubt until they do something that proves beyond any doubt they are not what I thought they were. Al Shabab (though I disagreed with their stance way back when you used to support them icon_razz.gif ) have not done anything to make me doubt their overall sincerity.

Following Somali politics is really not good for your health, saaxib. You get too involved and it seems to spoil your mood. Not healthy at all.

Castro   

^^^^ Not even after suicide bombings have they not proven "beyond any doubt they are not what" you thought they were? It is better to sway with the wind then than to be that bullheadedly rigid saaxib. The road to Hell is indeed paved with overall sincerity.

Because if you ask Al Shabab why are they fighting, they will tell you it is because they want to institute an Islamic State in Somalia.

lol. You really believe this? These illiterate clan warriors know nothing of Islam or statehood.

Following Somali politics is really not good for your health, saaxib. You get too involved and it seems to spoil your mood. Not healthy at all.

Good advice even though it was meant to ridicule.