Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

UDUB: A Party Invaded by The bad, the Incompetent and Anti-Somaliland Traitors.

UDUB: A Party Invaded by The bad, the Incompetent and Anti-Somaliland Traitors.

(Hadhwanaagnews) Monday, September 07, 2009

Firstly, let me state that I am not a journalist, nor am I affiliated with any of the Somaliland Political parties, I do not hold an ulterior motive or a hidden agenda, I am simply writing this piece to express my voice, my annoyance of what I see as the betrayal and the complete lack of leadership of the Somaliland President. I am one among the millions of countless Somaliland voices who are not heard of but, who are simmering with anger underneath and who if actions to address this situation is not taken will resort to direct action against the corrupt bandits who are hell bent in breaking the peace and security Somaliland has worked so hard to build.

As a girl from the Diaspora, watching the political chaos unravelling in Somaliland election is no surprise to me. Especially, knowing the conduct, behaviour and utter incompetence of the Udub leadership, in other words they are nothing more than warlords with legitimacy, and now that legitimacy does not exist as their elected term has long expired. It is unfortunate, that Somaliland electorate have put in power the remnants of the Siyaad Barre’s henchmen, people with questionable characters, some with blood on their hands, and unworthy of the political office they are bestowed upon.

Prior to 2004, I had no idea of Rayaale and his cronies past, and what their motives or agenda was until they came to UK, by invitation of the British MP’s in support of the Somaliland cause. I only came to realise their utter uselessness and there ‘Jabhad mentality’ during their brief stay here in London.

My first meeting with Rayaale and his cronies, happened by attending at a parliamentary committee meeting organised for the Somaliland President in 2004, this although to some may seem insignificant, to me it has become an event that had unravelled President Rayaale’s lack of leadership and his utter incompetence to guide his team and his Country effectively. Judging from the type of past we had with Siyaad Barre’s, regime Somaliland citizen’s, did not really deserve this backward, corrupt, ill-mannered drug addict leadership guiding our Country.

The Bad Joke

In this meeting I was unfortunate enough, to witness president Rayaale, reading a drafted statement. Now do not get me wrong, I can appreciate that English is not the man’s first language and perhaps he might not have practiced enough, but to not know where the full-stop in the speech is placed, remembering to take a sigh at the end of the sentences, observing comma’s and generally pacing yourself to give adequate speech, you would expect to be a common knowledge even for the most ill-educated politician. But, no this was a revelation of the inarticulate and the unprepared novice.

This was a diabolical display of utter uselessness. I can only describe the man’s speech as nothing short of train-wreck, speeding out of control and a total, incoherent articulation of words, in other words a right royal mess. I saw his lip move and sounds coming out of his mouth but, no idea what he said, he could have been speaking in Turkish for all I know. It really was an assault and battery against the English language, it would have been better to speak in his own native tongue and use a translator, which would have prevented him looking like an ignorant, inarticulate fool and saving us the listeners the embarrassment and utter torture of his speech. Having said this, you can forgive a foreign Premier not to be welcome spoken in other languages, or can lack the gift of the gap, and one can make an allowance for Rayaale’s lack of skill and aptitude for the English language. But, what is unforgivable is his lack of leadership in putting his house in order, and in putting his Ministers who have the political skills of a grasshopper in order.

My encounter with Udub’s leaders began when they came to London in 2004, I was a young eager student and politics especially, Somaliland Politics was becoming a keen interest of mine, and it was an opportunity to network and meet like minded people.

On my way to Madam Minister Edna Adan’s hotel room, I went pass the room the President was residing, outside his room sat one of his security officer right where the main hall was, bearing in mind, this was access point or a lobby to foreigners who were staying on the same floor.

What I found astounding about this scene, is that this officer, had a bundle of Khat on his lab, chewing aggressively, one side of his cheek the size of a tennis ball, eyes bulging blood red, sweat running down his forehead. I was horrified and embarrassed especially, seeing other residents of the hotel, mainly foreigners witnessing this incredible scene, confused glares, trying to figure out the substance the man was consuming. At the legs of the chair the officer was sitting on; was many dropping of leaves and stripped out sticks scattered around him. I approached the officer and expressed my horror to him, pointing out that this is not a good image for us and that surely, he must know although, still legal in UK, Khat or the consumption of it was a taboo and that most of the other European Countries this is outlawed. The officer replied by saying, “Bahasha kulul soo ma cabtiin idinkuba”, (don’t you guys drink alcohol too), well I do not know any security officer for the British Especial Branch consuming alcohol whilst in the performance of his duty nor smoking, what he failed to see is the fact that he was part of a diplomatic delegate and part of his duty entails observing protocols, in other words putting your right foot first and not offending your citizens or your host Country.

But, I must admit the problem does not lie with the officer in question but, solely lies at the feet of the President, for not educating his staff and for not setting codes of conduct for his travelling team to follow.

But worst was to follow, most of the delegates were high on Khat, after several ours of chewing the effect was quite obvious and they had continued to eat till the late hours of the night. Several doors away, I knocked a door, trying to relay a message I was given to, to one of the Ministers. The door opened, and right in front of me I saw the bed and mattress removed, the mattress placed on top of the wardrobe (bear in mind this is the furniture of the hotel), the frames of the bed detached and the individual wood pieces lay on one side of the room, a circle of men sitting on the floor, bundles upon bundles of Khat laid in front of them, the heat emanating from the room at a boiling point, red eyes staring back, the loud chatter coming to stop, intimidated and shocked I retreated back and left without delivering the message.

This scene might have been ok if these people were on a break or on their own time and leisure but, they had full schedule the next morning, meeting with high ranking British politicians. As predictable, the next morning they were late for their meetings. Some of the Ministers were suffering the effects of the Khat, pounding headaches, unable to focus, speaking incoherently, and frankly unfit to carryout their duties.

On the evening of that day, an enthusiastic colleague of mine, a young graduate had ask the then Minister of Information Cabdilaahi Mohamed Ducaale (then a Minister of Information) and now the current Foreign Affair Minister, about how the Country was doing, his reply was “ Addeer wax meesha yaal ma jirto, meesha waa tuulo”, imagine that rubbishing the Country that has given him his bread and butter.

The same Country he was met to represent, the hopes and expectation of his people bestowed on his shoulders and for him to see Somaliland his Country as a mere “TUULO” is just unforgivable betrayal for those who put him in power. Confused she asked “what do you mean”? He declined to elaborate. But, judging by their conduct it was quite evident what he meant. The value we place on Somaliland the love and pride we have for our Country is not reciprocated by our leadership. To us Somaliland is precious, as we know what we had gone through to have our land back in our hands.

http://hadhwanaagmed ia.net/detail.asp?id =2027

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Siciid1986:

But worst was to follow, most of the delegates were high on Khat, after several ours of chewing the effect was quite obvious and they had continued to eat till the late hours of the night. Several doors away, I knocked a door, trying to relay a message I was given to, to one of the Ministers. The door opened, and right in front of me I saw the bed and mattress removed, the mattress placed on top of the wardrobe (bear in mind this is the furniture of the hotel), the frames of the bed detached and the individual wood pieces lay on one side of the room, a circle of men sitting on the floor, bundles upon bundles of Khat laid in front of them, the heat emanating from the room at a boiling point, red eyes staring back, the loud chatter coming to stop, intimidated and shocked I retreated back and left without delivering the message.

On the evening of that day, an enthusiastic colleague of mine, a young graduate had ask the then Minister of Information Cabdilaahi Mohamed Ducaale (then a Minister of Information) and now the current Foreign Affair Minister, about how the Country was doing, his reply was “ Addeer wax meesha yaal ma jirto, meesha waa tuulo”, imagine that rubbishing the Country that has given him his bread and butter.

On the first, why is the writer surprised. Doesn't she know that the whole idea of Somaliland was born by mid-night Mirqaan. That is why some call it Mirqaan-land.

Second, Abdullahi M.Ducaale is right to say meeshu waa tuulo. That is not treason.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

God! I truly dislike Kulmiye supporters. Thing is, I am surrounded by them.
:(

Thing is, you know they're right smile.gif