Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Washington: Recognition support for Stable Puntland Somaliland [No secession]..

^^ are you mixing up the journalists error and the actual comments and policy position of the State Department?

Again read the post, listen and watch the link of Mr Carson and the talk.

Amistad   

The whole DoS release is posted here:

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/9/24942

What is interesting to me is the US State Dept is announcing Stage 2 of their plan will be engaging Clans, sub-clans etc in south, south central Al Kebab held territory, something the TFG should have been doing a long time ago.

It also goes against some experts recommendations of a US Standoff policy of mixing in Somali Politics.

Amistad   

Originally posted by General Duke:

It's clear the US are thinking about the coming transition it's important to them that there is an allternative to the 2KM square Sharif Ahmed admin.

Well said.... who else would they reconcile with if there is no one to reconcile ? smile.gif South and South Central Clans seems like the obvious answer.

In fact, the government controls a bit more than a few blocks -- 37.5 percent of Mogadishu, according to the United Nations. That's six city districts, or approximately 8 square miles (for comparison, Washington, D.C., is 61.4 square miles). Insurgents control another 31.25 percent, or five districts, and a final 31.25 percent of Mogadishu is considered "disputed" territory.

AMISOM is slowly regaining some territory while Al Kebab launches desperate suicide attacks on the Villa and streets.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/09/23/how_much_turf_does_the_somali_government_really_con trol

Amistad   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Amistad the fact that the US will support the Northern States, and even the clans in central and the south independently does not bode well for Sharif's TFG.

While the talking heads with large checkpoints at US State talk politics to the press, they have secretly given up any much of any hope of the TFG. I have that from a good source.

They are simply doing what the TFG has failed to do, and will do so with or without their help. They are taking more of a "let the chips fall where they may" attitude.

Amistad   

Soon we are also going to see much more AMISOM security moving in, a very possible shift to an offensive mandate change in an effort to push Kebab farther out of Mog. The UN has definite plans being set in stone as we speak of returning to Somalia.

Also good news.

I Believe Amisom can take over Mogadishu in a day but they are not allowed to. For what ever reason there is a prolonging of the game and it's clear Sharif is being played with. The average layman can tell you that this man has proven his incompetence clearly.

Al Shabaab are the main enemy they have played their part on the great dance. However even little support for the Northern states will go along way they achieved their stability all on their own.

Amistad   

AMISOM funding and budget has been very poor and small. Until within the last few days anyway.... huge donor funds promised to AU/AMISOM by the US, EU and UN but that Diplo money does take some time.

The rug has been swept under the self-proclaimed secessionists troglodytes of Marfishland. Kudos, to the US senior envoy for not talking out of his a$$ for once in this life. :D

Thankful   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

quote:Originally posted by Thankful:

Africaown,

The U.S is basically reiterating their long held policy that just because they will work with other regions in Somalia directly it does not mean they are going to recognize them as independent nations.

I think we both know they see no value in recognizing any independent enclaves whether it is the Puntland or NW Somalia admin in Hargeysa. They dont need another poor african nation that they will have to support, now if we had something of wealth to offer them it would be a different story.

This article though is great news and I hope the Puntland government takes full advantage of all the aid and resources the U.S can provide. I hope the focus is on education and making many area's more self-sufficient.

Great news!

You're a secessionist, enough said. You want me to prove that you're one? I can provide you some articles
:D
You can not provide a single article!!

Just like last time when you said you could provide pictures of booraama celebrating Siilayno's victory in the NW Somalia's elections, then Mr. Somalia called you out on it and ask you to do it....of course you couldn't and you quickly back out of it!!!

You Somaliland hater Lot never disappoint. Somaliland this and Somaliland comes out your hating mouths. Let's look at the facts people.

First more finanicle support and projects will go to Somaliland.

Second more companies will invest in Somaliland now that the U.S. Is dealing one on one with it.

Third the Somaliland instatution will grow and support for local election will come. This a factor that does not exist in north east somalia or the south.

And finle the AU will be forced to deal with Somaliland and stop stating for somaliland to deal with a Somali government that does not exist.

Originally posted by Freedomfighter007:

You Somaliland hater Lot never disappoint.

I dont think its fair to label Mr Carson & the US State Department as Somaliland haters. They just wont recognise this entity as anything other than part of Somalia.. :D

The secessionists have hoped and waited far too long but this comes as their hardest hit, perhas the end of a chapter and the long dream of a fantom independent state.

The message is clear: We will deal with you as a state within Somalia per se, anything other than that, its NO, keep on dreaming.