Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

WHY I LIKE FAYSAL CALI WARAABE

Abtigiis   

I follow,religiously, all the interviews of the leader of UCID, Engineer Faysal, because they are never dull. Some say he is not diplomatic, or he is mad ; but I think the man is sharp. Maybe he is not in the right profession, but no one can say he is not convincing in his arguments. See what he said when HCTV asked him why he opposes that voter registration is done on the peripherial villages of Sool.

“You have Las Anod. What is the logic of taking the boys who are doing fantastic job to villages where you know they will face problems. Above all, why would we give a propaganda victory to those who would make a spectacle out of a minor incident.”

Then, the Journalist asked him if the Engineer doesn’t think that it is mandatory that all areas are reached to legitimise the elections. Here is where Feysal’s unique talent was revealed.

“Adeer” he said, “ North Uganda waligeed doorasho kama dhacdo. Yet Uganda is going to elections. Hangaraarac lug qudha uma dhutiyo. Therefore, you don’t have to reach every village to make the elections credible. They are credible as we stand.”

When he was asked why he thinks Riyaale has not done enough for the cause of recognition, this is what he said:

Adeer, wafti baan Hargeisa ku soo dhaweyney or Jaaliyadda Kuwait baan la soo shiray is not working for recognition.”

Describing the level of ignorance by the general public, he narrated an incident he witnessed somewhere in the rural parts of Sahil.

“I saw this man standing next to the boys who were doing the registration. The boys managed to eneter into the database more than 270 voters in short period. But the man did not understand why the boys were taking so long to register him. And he blurted out in rage: “KUWAN YARYAR HADAYNA SHAQEEYNEY, USHAAS BAAN KAGA SHAQEEYSIIN ”. The engineer Laughed when he finished the story. The kind of laugh you see on the faces of your friends when talking over tea. It was a good sight.

He is funny, direct and in most cases gives honest answers.

NASSIR   

What is your position of his ideas? Do you think his answers as far as the secessionist camp is concerned deserve a comparison with Uganda?

And which villages? The Las Anod or Hargeisa villages?

Abtigiis   

If you mean his seccesion ideas, I strongly oppose it! It can never go with my firm Somaliweyn aspiration.

But I like how articulate he is. He is talking about the villages near Las Anod or on the border with Puntland. I think his analogy this time is correct.

Hail Awdal!!!!!!!They are awkening.

Abtigiis   

Ok! They are rising. I mean they are starting to express their feelings, which for the last couple of years was put on ice, to milk Riyaale's presidency. Is that false?

Qudhac   

mate dont beat around the bush, just say you wish somaliland disapeared, just dont get your hopes up cos you will be disapointed :D:D

because wishing us harm has only makes us stronger. ;)

Abtigiis   

I am wishing you a happy re-union with the brothers. That isn't harm. I don't want Somaliland disapper, I merely want they join the rest; for we Somali's are indivisible.

This mentality that Somalilander's will not survive without going it alone is a poision. Who put it in your head?

Shaydaanka iska naara oo dadkiina dhinaca ka raaca!

Abtigiis   

They take their feifdom and will go. Not that of others. SSC and Awdal people will decide their fate!

Fair enough. If you don't want to be with clan X and XX becuase of X and XX; clan Y in British Somaliland doesn't to be with SL because of Y and YY.

Why is that a problem?

NGONGE   

^^ Rubbish. They stuck it out for 18 years. They're not going to leave now just because some old man grumbled a little. These people know what is good for their clans.

Abtigiis   

What is good for their clans is to take the money from the care-taker husband and wait for the real husband to arrive. That works fine for me too.

That uncalibrated honesty regardless of who's listening is why 'anti-Somaliland' individuals prefer Faisal Warabe.

It's also for precisely that same reason that his involvement in politics worries many Somalilanders. He's honest, too honest at the risk of revealing national security matters. His attachment to the Somaliland cause is beyond doubt though not always phrased in the most diplomatic of manners.

The man should have a speech writer though, to vet his public statements.