Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

I just dont believe this!! Somali/Ethio to Unite!

Somalia: Country and Ethiopia Will Use One Passport, Somali Minister Says

Shabelle Media Network (Mogadishu)

January 2, 2007

Posted to the web January 2, 2007

Aweys Osman Yusuf

Mogadishu

Somalia's internal affairs minister and assistant prime Minster, Hussein Mohammed Farah Aideed, who has convened with tribal elders at former presidential house (Villa Somalia) in Mogadishu, said his government intends to wipe out the boundaries between Somalia and Ethiopia.

He said 60% of 2 millions Somali refugees live in Ethiopia and use Ethiopian passports. "Ethiopia and Somalia have 2,000 kilometers between them. The two Shabelle and Jubba rivers in Somalia come from Ethiopia. Now we need to eliminate the boundaries between us because we are brothers, and we will use one passport", he said.

He said Ethiopia was the only country that was determined to set up a state in Somalia after more than years of without government. "No country in the world cared about Somalia", he said.

He urged tribal leaders to support the government and the Ethiopian troops in the country.

Aideed, the son of a former warlord Gen. Mohammed Farah Aideed, has also indicated that the government will completely move to the capital Mogadishu.

The minister's remarks came as Prime Minister Ali Mohammed Gedi officially announced that the country's airport and seaport were open starting Wednesday in a press conference he held in his house, north of Mogadishu.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

what the hell is this moran smokin????? :confused:

Are you serious? Was he drunk when he said this? now we are part of ethiopia? It shows you these ppl care less about your country, they rather be under ethiopians..i swear i am speechless that someone will even to think to say something like this..

LANDER   

^I couldn't believe it either. I thought maybe it was made up by the source and they put words in his mouth. Than I remembered passed actions of this Aideed Jr. from one day being in the US armed forces and the next day leading a USC faction. Simply put he is a moron capable of utering such things.

This has to be a joke. These politicians have already shot themselves in the foot by introducing Ethiopian troops in the first place. Any mention of Ethiopia as some trustworthy friend is an insult to the intelligence of every Somali.

I cannot believe there are Somalis out there who are turning the Ethiopian Imperialist dream into a reality.

Dbar   

What exactly is the real status of Somali passports? I've read that the transitional government established an official passport office in 2002, but that shops in Somalia and Kenya were still selling the old passports for anywhere from $25 to $100 as recently as late 2005. Is that still the case? How does the government intend to implement this new passport plan of theirs? If I'm missing something that you think is obvious about this, please forgive my ignorance.

I hope you all stay safe in this current war that's at your doorstep.

Best regards,

Dbar

ADNAAN   

Walee, waliba Somali oo dhani will be branded as terrorists when they resist. Btw, I have listened to da Somali bbc tonight and even the spokesman of the government didn’t completely reject what Adideed has said. Instead he came up with:

“ weli wakhti munaasib ah lama gaadhin”= “this isn’t the appropriate time!!” while at the same time calming down the millions of Somali listeners with “ aided waa u xur fikirkiisa”= “we have freedom of speech”

I reckon the contract of taking over Somalia was finalised long time ago while we were fighting over nothing!!

Read this article. the new palestine :( or redface.gif

Warmoog   

This just goes to show that Cabdalla Xaaji Cali and the other Parliamentarians, who went public with the map that was found in Geedi's office, were right. Many dismissed the whistleblowers’ concerns as a desperate smear campaign orchestrated by the Islamic Courts, but can one give Caydiid's mind-boggling statement an equally casual dismissal? I think not.

Meles and his Somali co-conspirators can dream all they want. They will be put back in touch with reality soon enough.

It appears this is well-orchestrated plan to shift the debate away from the current Ethiopian troops inside Somalia, and into a more riling issue such as “unity with Ethiopia” so as to “lessen” the twinge of the current state of affairs. I wonder if witty Juriile is working behind the scenes here. What a game!!!