Xaaji Xunjuf

Your secret African travel destinations Somaliland suprises

The Zack   

Originally posted by NASSIR:

quote:Originally posted by The Zack:

^They are under age LOL.

Zack, ileen Oday baad aheed.
:D
LOOOOL. No, I am just older than those teens. Trust me iyaa.

Duufaan   

Before you reach berebra, why not visit the clasic F street in Hargeysa.your trip will one to remeber for ever!. I tough it was joke until I visit the street with famous name. why F street? Siilaanyo must rename that street. Good luck with you trip.

Taleexi   

My vacation plan is being changed to Berbera. Nassirow JB iyo ilmaadeeradiis waa dad xamaasad badane anigoo iska dabaalanaya amay budh ila dhacaan smile.gif

As beautiful a country Somaliland is..mashalah !

the truth is..a white man is one thing, but some guy walking around..opening his mouth saying abowee iska waran, or abayo..is bound to attract alot of attention? maybe a bullet to the brain.

these people are not like what you are use to in london, or north america. the little kids of somaliland can bully big teenagers in london ive seen it.

So dont get eaten alive, when i went , it was after university i went with two friends from my university one from hargaisa and one from burco and we stayed there for 6 months. We traveled from coast to coast and what we saw was worth every penny, the spirit, awe and gratitude to God for giving us this land is permanently instilled.

Somaliland is a really conservative islamic society, and most of the communist era somalia period relics have been renamed, or demolished.

Islam is the dominant feature of the land, and clan obviously being a somali society no need to lie.

But its not the same qabyalid as southern somalia or bosaso, qabyalid is more of a badge then an issue of conflict. People who fall within the borders of somaliland are welcomed like las canod, badhan or borama's population who have small naibourhoods within Hargaisa like isha borama. However if you dont hail from these people, or are not a refugee seeking brotherly help like the people of mugdisho for your own security dont consider somaliland as an option, and if you do good luck to you.

Amistad   

I`m white and traveled from Hargeisa to Berbera just after the Oct bombings in Hargeisa. I could not beleive the number of folks who were there that were American and Canadian. Everyone very friendly and helpful and a lot of nationalistic pride of Somaliland. We stopped at the Hieroglyphics, then traveled to beautiful Berbera. That place should be a tourist vacation spot of the highest order, the coasts alone are worth billions in tourism dollars.

I know which rock paintings your talking about they are located in las gaal, locals know it as las cidle, what we saw was just the surface of it, a UCL trained somaliland bron archeologist found hundreds more read the gaurdian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/17/cave-paintings-found-in-somaliland

when i went and saw these painting i saw, people dressed in white macawisis jumping, standing with their dogs, animals which have know gone extinct, them clapping their hands, a huge one sitting on a thrown think it was their king or something and right next to it the guide from the ministry of travel and tourism showed us their prison, a large hole in the ground were they would close with a huge bolder.

the new cave painting show more, they show the oldest humans being ever recorded riding horses and more.

I remember we had a road trip from hargaisa to burco like 4 times and every time it was amazing. the scenery, the farms, the people etc.

Alxamdulilah.mashalah..dont forget to say that man.