Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Maxaad karin kartaa in terms of Somali Food?

Cawaale   

^ so you are looking for recipes huh?

how do you know in aanan shaqo u baahneyn? why do you think i am here>? su'aalaha way bateen ma aragatay..

PS, i can cook almost everything so long i am cooking for myself :D

Juxa   

if it does not move, i can cook. such variety maka heshay

if you tell us what you want to cook, it may be easier to help you with simple recipes.

lol@cawaale

Somalina   

Juxa, thanks walaal.

My question says everything, "Maxaad karin kartaa in terms of Somali food?"..lol at Cawaale...I'm not...

How about if i asked my question differently? would that help? okay, allow me to rephrase it..thx

What is your best somali dish? the kinda dish that your family and friends can't seem to get enough of! the kind that you want to be named after....signature Somali dish..

Kulmiye   

i can cook Bariis and suugo. I have been told that my suugo is a *five star* duqad iyo barandho i dhiib and you will be craving for that dish everyday for the next 50 years:)

Blessed   

Originally posted by NNC:

Thanks B for sharing. I'm Semi-vegetarian, and the recipes don't have to be vegetarian. What is kimis? also, 4 the dilac bilash, do you actually use cambuulo somali?

I don't use cambuulo for dalac bilaash. It's just a quickie no meat sugo for when I make grilled fish / chicken. I made a cambuulo suugo once and it was lovely. I got this recipe from a S.African colleague. It's really easy and healthy but softening the beans takes forever(well overnight). Canned red beans is a good alternative. You just chop onions, carrots, leeks. Saute in oil until brown. Add cabuulo / red beans canned tomato (juice with garlic and coriander) two cups water. Then add cumin, black pepper, chilli, salt and simmer until beans are tender. Nice with couscous / anjeero.

I don't want to be tooting me own horn.. so I'll tell you what my favourite dish is.. my banoofee pie but the only thing Somali about are the bananas. haha. I fell in love with it after discovering it at the Blue Ocean Somali restaurant and then stumbled upon the original British recipe a few years ago.