Sign in to follow this  
man_in_malaysia

Yeah What do we mean romantic person..

Hunguri   

Yeah True Cambaro. To have the Faynuus instead of the candles, and a little Tent in replacement of Aqqal Somali with a plate of Hilib Geel and a Somali Guitar practicing the the Rythums of Hudeidi in title of the famouse song.

Wali waa Carruuroo

waa Laan Curdin ahoo

Waxaa loo carbinayaa

sida Faras Cunaabiyoo

Raganow Cugtamayee( Tartamayee).

Mmm What else :D . And the Xaliimo should be Close to the arms. Claping along with the Guitar folow :D . Lala Lala Lala.

PS:-

:D . Cambaro dee Massage-ka, iyo shaqqada gurigu iyadu waaba waajib loool. Taas Diintaaba sheegaysa smile.gif .....

My point is dear H: That westerners nooma keenin romance.

They did sis cambaro...

other then that the things you compared might be alike..but not have same meaning dear....

do somali peaple use faaynuus as romance?

does a flower makes happy somali woman...i am talking majority..?

is romance something exist really?...

Cambaro, I don't disagree except on the point of one not knowing any different when it comes to good lovemaking because there's nothing to compare to.

This is an oft-propagated statement which isn't true. One doesn't need to have a comparison available to tell a good performance from a bad one.

It would seem obvious, at least to me, that if it's a good performance then both will enjoy it. If it's bad, then one or both will not enjoy it.

I think there are enough books and manuals on the subject to inform and enable one to tell the difference between the two. When something directly affects you, as this would, you need to be fully aware of what you're getting into and you need to be able to look out for your interests (i.e. ensure your needs and marital rights are fulfilled).

Going back to the topic:

Anything and everything can be romantic, depending on the manner it is presented in or the intention behind it.

Ms DD   

I wonder if we somalis knew of flowers back home? I dont recall my aunties ever receiving flowers from those who courted them. I recall my aunties being taken to afgooye (with several girlfrieds) for dinner or being taken to theatre.

Huguri..Diiinta aa sheegeysa..but to me it is more romantic. Not many blokes do this. I prefer those i mentioned above to flowers and empty gestures.

Aisha   

originally posted by Cambarro:

To me romance is when he does little things like: Covering me with duvet when i am asleep, massaging my feet when i come from work, running me a bath ...lovely things like this that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

I missed that. Well said Cambarro! I second that!!

Ameen   

Cam, please continue cause I am a student of life and I enjoy to study issues in great detail (unless of course if studying it will only cause more questions to arise).

But I think the examples that you have presented are great examples of how Allah puts love and mercy in the hearts of the couple.

and Allah knows best

Ms DD   

Salaam Ameen

I was as western as they get when i got married. I wanted flowers, chocolates, special trips, dinners at posh restaurants etc etc. My hubby isnt the romantic sorts but since i was asking for all this, he was doing it. But then i thought to myself..why waste money on these romantic notions that isnt in my deen or culture. So i went back to read the seerah of our nabi (saw). The married life of the prophet himself is upheld as the model of Muslim conjugal bliss:

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2006/781/feature.htm

Eventually i really realised the little things partners do for each other is more valuable then wasting all this money which we are led to believe is romantce. Just who are we satisfying here? The florists? the restaurants owner ..who? or the wife?

The little things such as carrying the heavy stuff, kissing before he leaves, calling you at work to ask about your day, cuntada uu kuu soo ridaayo, doing things round the house is more dear to me than anything else. I know it is a duty however i still thank him for doing his duty and he shows appreciation for fulfilling my duty.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Cambaro
, I don't disagree except on the point of one not knowing any different when it comes to good lovemaking because there's nothing to compare to.

This is an oft-propagated statement which isn't true. One doesn't need to have a comparison available to tell a good performance from a bad one.

It would seem obvious, at least to me, that if it's a good performance then both will enjoy it. If it's bad, then one or both will not enjoy it.

I think there are enough books and manuals on the subject to inform and enable one to tell the difference between the two. When something directly affects you, as this would, you need to be fully aware of what you're getting into and you need to be able to look out for your interests (i.e. ensure your needs and marital rights are fulfilled).

Actually Val, I disgaree. Above may be true nowadays but in the era of our mums, they couldnt have known the difference. I have this opinion that in the olden days, they werent meant to enjoy it. It was for recreation purposes only. So whatever they had, they had to endure it.

Ms DD   

lool..you'd think so..

Dont worry ibti..you will open a school for the sisters there. They still havent a clue smile.gif unless they have been divorced or widowed before and they are in their second or third marriage. Then she can say "war heedhe, na dhaaf dhooroyahow, kii hore baa korontadeens shideye"

Ibtisam   

^^^looool^^^ looooooooooolll^ that cracked me up! loool.

And no i refuse to ope such school :D not my department :rolleyes: I'll leave that to the people who know what they are doing :D