Sign in to follow this  
JIDAAWY

Would you marry a religiouse person ?

Raxmah   

Who wouldn't want to marry a pious person? As Bee said that's the individual everyones aspires to marry.

Being true muslim comes from the heart, it doesn't have to be the way one dresses, or what others think of that individuals.

Khayr

It takes a lot of courage for one to wear niqaab especially in the west, I have the utmost respect for the sisters who wear it, but its not required of one to wear it, and no matter how a muslimah dresses non-muslims will always think them as being oppressed weather is niqaab or hijab.

As for the turban I would have to say whatever floats ur boat, I dont many brothers who would wear turban even though they are devoted muslims, if I was interested in the person I would consider marrying them it really wouldn't bother me, as long as am not being told how to dress, bc as a muslimah I know how to dress.

I think the miswak is taking a bit too far though. :D

Raxmah i agree with u 110% couldn't have said it better maasha allah!

ppl plz read sura kaafiruun.

they dont worship what we worship! who should we try 2 pleace, the AL MIGHTY OR KUFAARS!

i dont care what ppl on da streets think about my dresscode,at the end of da its my business innit.

I rather pleace my greator than any1 else cos i know i shall return 2 him

Jidaawy... InshaAllaah Ameen but gotta work on myself first to reach a certain level of eemaan cause in general we tend to attract what we are so on that note got some tough work ahead.

See ya later breda cheers for opening our minds to this fascinating topic.

salam alaykom.

P.S. Miswak was practised as Sunnah so it aint taking it too far its just about cleanliness.

Peace out, MuJaHiD.

originaly posted by jawaahir.

And its sad life for that person...because to me the most beautiful people are those men and women who wear the religious/traditional clothes.

does islam has distinctive clothin code? i mean is there certain or particular type of clothe that we regard as islamic clothe?

i think alot of people misunderstand, do u guys want the somali religous women who live in western, generaly and in cold countries in particular, to wear the clothes of saudi women?

i live in dublin and there are alot of muslim women from far asia like malaysia,those women wear head carves and long jeans skirts and may be heavy coats.i consider them as muhajabats.and they are realy muhajabats.why not?as long as they covered themselves as per sharia required then,what is the proplem.

we should not obligate our girls the clothes that does not suit,culturely and even clamtely.

Khayr   

salaamz,

yes sayf, I agree with you about the part that the shariah just requiring the min'm for sisters and it is after Modesty.

But u know this side of the argument about the 'islamic dress code' I have heard before.

If u were to hang out with a group of friends and they wore baseball caps and sport jerseys, sooner or later, u would find yourseLF yearning for that type of clothing. Believe ME, its human psychology cause u are shaped by your environment.

I find it very strange to find a "Muslim Scholar"

coming to make a presentation on Islam and he is dressed in a suit and tie.

It just doesn't look right cause that person is saying one thing and following the Sunnah of another group of people infront of Muslims (whom he doesn't have to hide his Islam from unlike the Westerners!)

This argument against an Islamic Dress code is usually raised by Men and they are for pushing sisters to cover more and more and dress more Islamic while the Men just get to hide their 'islam' and just blend in with the rest of society.

I think that there is a definite problem here.

Inshallah, the more that u grow in Iman, the more hateful that u become to anything that is Alien to Islam and the Muslim Culture.

Your heart begins to yearn for Islam and more Sunnans.

I am more open to the Muslim cultures then to western cultures cause most muslim traditions stem from the sunnans and inshallah with the intention of emulating the Sunnah of the rasul

(salallahu caliyhe wasilm)

Fi Amanallah

Miriam1   

Salam

Intersting someone qouted me i usually enjoy dropping in, posting and leaving. Sayfulallah, Khayr has already said what I was thinking. And that statement was more of a personal preference than anything.

Wonderful response khayr smile.gif

I am humbled by al your comments regarding marriage, masha'allah. Let me point it out to you that some of you sisters think wise & sweet. I pray that you are successful in this life and the hereafter!. smile.gif

Peace

Cont

Modesty   

I don't really see myself getting hitched to a an uncompromising 'wadaad' :D I just have this deep deep deep deep subconcious notion that wadaad guys are just too boring, they don't like to go anywhere fun. When you marry someone, most likely you go for someone with your same likes or interests.

Khayr: Do muslim men have islamic dress? Because what I see most of the time is that the girls are the only ones who when walking outside are viewed immediately as being muslims.

a dress dont make u complete moslem! its the heart that has to feel and believe the calling! i dont wanna throw-up alot of stuff in here, but the word is that alot of the zorro sista are the worst! they are like devils in disguise!

i am a wadaad and i am sure that i can rock your world! just give me the chance!!! u will never go back to those losers!

valerie   

My personal view..i dont think (well at least 4 men from my experience in u.k) men would want to take a religious girl..who wears a hijab..prays..etc..i used to chat to this guy 4 almost 1 month...who used 2 call me almost everyday...bugging me with his calls..(never said dat 2 him..ofcourse!!) In ramadan..he called once...n said..wats up gal??..wat u been up 2??..i was like ..i am reading qur'an..wallao..can u call me later..coz..i am quite busy..he goes u read qur'an??..i said ..yes..he started laughing..!!wats so funny i said..he said nothing i'll call u later..he called bout 3 hrs later..(it was time for taraweeh prayer)..i said wallalo ..i am getting ready for taraweehda..so..u know (get off my line brother)..he's like taraweehdanah mad tagta ..hijabka mad gashata??..i said ofcourse..he laughed..then he goes..my bad..my bad..k then i'll call u 2nite..i said ok..He did not call me ever since..its been 2 months..not like i am interested..but i know why he didn't call..and i am not wat he expected!!...tough luck mate..i aint doing this for no man..if i chose 2 b religious.. then it aint 4 nobody..but 2 b closer 2 Allah..

Thats true Val, when most guys get to know that your a trully a practising muslim, and that your not gonna be on the game, the run away. Buts thats a good thing, you kinda sort out the Boys from the men that way. Always stay true to your self and be one step ahead of the Rat Chase smile.gif

Modesty   

Val. I am going to agree with ya on that. Ever since I started practicing Islam I've never been happier, all the anoying guys quit trying to mess with me. I feel that whether your a gal or guy if Allah wants to guide you, all of the haraam things in this world will go the other way.So next time an unwanted guy tries to bother you, just tell him 'I'm reading the Quran' -that should work!