Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Sistahs what comes first-Participation is needed

Blessed   

This debate (women, careers and education) has already been exhausted numerous time b4.

*But anyway *

My priorities are as follows:

At the moment:

Learn my deen – area I’ve neglected due to studies

Develop my career

Near future:

Relocate to Somalia / Muslim country

Get married if I meet a brother worth marrying (who says you can’t do both?)

Children

khayr, see ku ogaatay in aan nimanka soomaalida jeclahay? wadaninimo maa iga muuqata?

yaan kuu gabanin, isbarasho aa niskeen laaban.

su'aal, hadii aad awoodi kari leheed, ma waxaad jeclaan leheed inaad afar naag guursatit?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Most of you have put up

Education as #1 and some of you indicated

that by finishing university/college that

you would be a role model for you siblings (family, brothers/sisters etc.)

Thats very interesting!

Now suppose you have a brother/sister and they

don't pray or don't care too much for anything but money. You are trying to set an example for them, so you show them that the best way for them to go is to finish University/College

ABOVE ALL ELSE. This point is drilled to them over and over again and ofcourse you pull out the hadith about 'seeking knowledge is obligatory'.

Ofcourse, you don't ask what kind of KNOWLEDGE

is OBLIGATORY and what isn't OBLIGATORY.

Now, is the concern for their Well Being?

1. If yes, then what do you

DEFINE as WELL BEING???

2. How do you judge what is the best thing for

someone?

3. What is the best thing for yourselves???

How do you judge for your own self?

4. Lastly, what do you prefer for you family, to

Inshallah enter Jannah or to have a

"NICE COMFORTABLE FAMILY". Suppose their was a

conflict btwn the two,

which one would you still follow?

To X-quizit,

I always said you needed a HUG, I still think that you need a HUGGGGG! ;)

I'm don't have a problem with cooking and cleaning. I enjoy it actually. Remember the hadith that states that Cleaniness is part of Iman. So I certaintely don't have a problem with cooking and cleaning. Do you? :eek:

Changed   

^^.if their sibbing look up to them for education and they try to follow their older brother/sister footsteps(by going to uni/college) dont u think they would do the same about islam, pray ,learn quran ,hadiith ect? NEWS FLASH:::::: people(including women)can actually do more than one task at a time :eek: :eek: .they can learn about islam too while they are in UNI :D interesting huuuh icon_razz.gif

barwaqo well said sis...i dont know where i would have been with out my older sisters..and trust me we the younger sisters of loving sisters like u appriciate all that u been through and all that u go through to set a "perfect" example..Raxmah like wise to u too...

adios

Khayr   

finishing university/college that

meaning that there is no other way to be a better model then to get a University/College education.

This is what has been stated by the SOL sistahs.

So MissUnique, I've broken it down a little for you, in hopes of trying to understand what I was asking, inshallah.

lol   

21-24

1. Education

2. Marriage

3. Children ( I wonder how else children would come before marriage that is being gaalo won't agree?)

4. career ( not too crazy about it unless otherwise necessary)

Raxmah   

P.S. Rahmah and all the sisters who are studying May Allaah make your matters easier- Ameen.

Jazakallah Bro- May it for the whole muslim ummah. Ameen.

Khayr-

Alxamdulilah I've learned to put Islam first. Nothing is more important to me than learning about my deen, and it's possible to learn abt Islam, while getting UNI education.

And why would someone set a bad example for someone they really cared about? :confused: Someone ought to know, they will be sharing the sin.

You can't judge what is best for someone, you can just help them. How I decide what is best for me is by experience - that's the best teacher I've had.

Salaams

bilan   

salaam

i do not understand what is so difficult to understand that college education is very important to sisters :confused: , simply it is a weopon in our hands that we can use it when necessary, some of you said that why education is important if the husband will take care of the family, what i always say is that who can guarantee that the husband will be there, how about if he dies, has an accident and can not work, what if my parents need money, or if he just leaves, what is the solution, if God forbid something like that happens i do not want to go and beg my brothers for money, but i would rather be able to take care of my children with dignity. so brothers should encourage us.the reason that muslims are what they are today is the lack of education. i would have understood the objection if the debate was career vs marriage.

Xafsa   

This whole idea of setting your priorites in life is all a waste of time and an illusion to waste our time. There is no way of knowing what we will do first...so why waste time and space. What you want doesn't really matter: man purposes, God disposes...so if we know that at the end only what God wills will happen then why the extra brain ache? Take care of things as they come up...deal with them one at a time.

So our priority should be the Diin and Allah....the rest shall follow.

Khayr: Walaal maskax wareer annaga hanugu ridin.

Khayr   

So our priority should be the Diin and Allah....the rest shall follow

Sounds real PEACHY & CREAMY Flying Still/Caakifah

BUT we often don't ignore goals

5. and so on

and are stuck to the idea that everything will happen in order and that anything that comes in the way to disrupt this order is a BIG NO NO!!!

So when Allah decides to throw a curve ball at you and u can't see what direction it was coming from, you ignore the signs and proceed with what you had in mind.

I'm sure that some of the male nomads have this in view for them too that they need to:

1) Get a degree

2) Career job (aka The perfect job)

3) Have your own place

4) Then get married

5) Then have children

6) Then become a "GOOD MUSLIM"

You know ALLAH send to you things when you least expect them to test your IMAN .

When the sahaba were going to war and funds were needed for the campagain, non of the sahaba were sitting around saving up money on the side for the 'RIGHT BATTLE' . These battles came up unplanned and they had to give whatever they could. Some gave more then others but not according to what they OWNED but it was due to their level of IMAN .

I remember the story of the Battle of Hunain ( maybe the wrong battle, correct me if I'm wrong!)

in anycase Umar gave HALF of everything that he owned.

Guess what Abu Bakr did? He gave ALL that he OWNED and just kept a cloth that he could cover his caawra/private parts

(belly button to knees for the men)with.

Fi Amanallah

Originally posted by Khayr:

Salaamz,

Most of you have put up

Education as #1 and some of you indicated

that by finishing university/college that

Thats very interesting!

Now suppose you have a brother/sister and they

don't pray or don't care too much for anything but money. You are trying to set an example for them, so you show them that the best way for them to go is to finish University/College

ABOVE ALL ELSE. This point is drilled to them over and over again and ofcourse you pull out the hadith about 'seeking knowledge is obligatory'.

Ofcourse, you don't ask what kind of KNOWLEDGE

is OBLIGATORY and what isn't OBLIGATORY.

LoL...cajaayib. You know what dear? I dont think that merits a response. I'm not even sure if I am capable of responding to it in a civilised manner, markaa I'll leave you to your campaign.

Cawo...Thanx darling

Raxmah, Idil, X-quizit...

Tell you what...I think your all lovely. I'm glad to see so many of us experience the same things. Keep your heads up girls.

Miz-U,

LoL...Thanx hun. It feels good to know you appreciate ur older sisters' efforts and sacrifices.

Blessed   

Salaams ya'll

*gives Bee a cuppah*

Khayr walaal,

I understand where your going with making Islaam a priority. However, I must say that your research skills are somewhat dificient. Why? Because, you asked the people to choose between 4 specifics and to put them in order of importance. The sisters, kindly obliged and did as you requseted.

Than, you came back and made an analyses or rather a critique of their responses using a 5th factor. :confused:

Had you designed your survey differently and asked us - how important islam was to us, or added it to the list as an option. I think you' get a different response.

I don't know wether this is a short sight on your part or a deliberate attempt to put the sisters off seeking education (I note that the brothers were spared this lecture).

Whatever your intention.. as I'm not too concerened with your personal perception of the ill-effects of 'secular education' or the education of women. I think you could have been a little more open minded with your analyses.

Who is to say that a person that makes plans regards to their career and education is putting Islaam on hold? Why can't we be good muslims, that are educated and active in society?

Yes, Islaam should be our first priority - we should work 4 the aakhira... but we can't neglect the dunya. If one must state the obvious, there is no denying that education of the Muslims both Islamicaly and otherwise is the key to our advancement. Individually and as an ummah.

Like people have already said, education, work and family life do not get in the way of practising Islam. It can actually be a form of cibaadah.

Furthermore, if we make our intention pure and make contributions to the ummah using the skills gained from education - we will be rewarded for it.

Underdog,

Your calculation is 10 years off the mark. The average garduate is 22-23. It would take max 2 years to get into a career (if the person takes up postgarduate studies). So by 24-25 you'd be set up.

Besides, who is to say you cant be married and have a life outside the four walls -

And fyi- when some1 gets married is dependent on a force greater than choice. There is nothing wrong with getting married at 30 / 40. If it dosn't appeal to you - thats you!

Honestly, the some men of this forum are so rigid - expand your thoughts a little walaalyaal :rolleyes:

x_quizit   

Ameenah, couldn't have said it better myself, therefore, I'll let ur words speak for me as well. Great insight into the devious mind of Khayr.

Too many guys are using this forum to almost discourage young ladies in their pursuit of education/career, and I find it odd that the same effort isn't put forth to young men who aren't taking advantage of school. If they spent half of the time that they are dogging girls for not putting the apron before the pen and use it towards brothas that are too lazy to go to school, our society as somali ppl as we speak would have been on a different level. Instead of congratulating the sistas on working towards something good, they would rather drag them down, it is maybe that the men are threatened that their future lady might have a higher education than them? Think about it folks.

peace