Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Interview with former Somali President Siyad Barre

Cowke   

Its funny how we have our distinct "clan" name for our region. You don't see that in other areas of somalia at all.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Libaahe*:

Haatu, lol do you actually believe that? that map was changed with other hidden motives like i said to try and weaken the SNM & USC people's , before USC- Mohammed Farah Aided faction's people were all located in mudugh and strong , while now they are divided into mudugh and galgadud and benadiir was 1 dominated by Ali Mahdi's people and siad bare divided into shabeele hoose iyo benadiir, so i like i said he did that to try and divide people.

But by separating them, it would weaken clan solidarity and force integration.

Cowke   

Does anyone find that strange? that no other area of somalia is given their own distinct clan-name for their region? Does anyone know why was that?

Saalax   

Originally posted by Haatu:

quote:Originally posted by Libaahe*:

Haatu, lol do you actually believe that? that map was changed with other hidden motives like i said to try and weaken the SNM & USC people's , before USC- Mohammed Farah Aided faction's people were all located in mudugh and strong , while now they are divided into mudugh and galgadud and benadiir was 1 dominated by Ali Mahdi's people and siad bare divided into shabeele hoose iyo benadiir, so i like i said he did that to try and divide people.

But by separating them, it would weaken clan solidarity and force integration.
No i think by seperating them it made things more complicated and worse.

Saalax   

Cowke, it's because before the italians arrived in italian somaliland there was a kingdom with that name "MJ" lead by Yusuf Kenadiid and Boqor C.M , that is where the name came from but it doesn't exist anymore anyway siad bare made it sure it was erased.

Cowke   

Under That regional map from 1960-1969 made puntlanders the top clan in somalia. It was after 1969 that siyad changed it because he knew of our domination.

Cowke   

Originally posted by Libaahe*:

Cowke, it's because before the italians arrived in italian somaliland there was a kingdom with that name "MJ" lead by Yusuf Kenadiid and Boqor C.M , that is where the name came from but it doesn't exist anymore anyway siad bare made it sure it was erased.

We know there was sultanate there but their was also a sultanate in makhir but they never used their name to name their region. They were just tagged under as british somaliland!!!

Saalax   

Cowke, but makhiir was not that influential and controlled less land and was eventually destroyed after garaad maxamud shiire was deported to seycheles.

Cowke   

Libaahe the italians also bombarded bari thats why alot of the buildings are in ruin, the only things saved are usually the things located inland.

But baargaal/hafun was grazed to the floor plus the boqor was jailed finally and deported to hamar.

So I don't know about that but the makhiris less control influence might be plausible reason

Haatu   

Originally posted by Cowke:

Under That regional map from 1960-1969 made puntlanders the top clan in somalia. It was after 1969 that siyad changed it because he knew of our domination.

How can a map do that? :confused:

Cowke   

haatu because we had more seats in parliament back in the 1960's then any clan from usc or d-block hence we had more degaans.

In a democracy it will work out better for us thats why siyad changed the whole system was changed to communism.

Put it this way the capital city is owned by ali mahdi people so they will always get guaranteed p.m or president. Then whats left is gobollada and in gobollada we have the most degaans from any other clan. Hence it was partnership between us and the ali mahdi people in the syl. Adan cadde and then sharmarke and it was going to continue like that.

Adan cadde tried not to reserve the p.m seat to waqoyi but they end up doing massive protest in waqoyi about it so sharmarke rectified it and gave them pm seat.

Though the president seat was going to revolve from afgoye to garowe to afgoye to garowe with a waqoyi tribe in pm seat.

Anyways that was the goals back then and siyad knew that and hence why he did the coup. Hence why he wanted to get rid of tribalism and all that sort of stuff. He wanted everyone to be treated equal.