Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Its a Girl!

Castro   

"Whip the chauvinist in peace"?

There's something wrong with that sentence. Sheh has made her points loud and clear during Ramadan. I enjoyed reading her while I was "away". In fact, I venture that because of her, Nur went on a cruise in the atlantic. Be that as it may, flogging a dying or a dead horse (the mistake) brings nothing but ill will. Just how much is enough? That's all I'm asking.

So much Cuqdad :eek: :eek:

Sheh: For[Once!], i agree with Castro. I think you need to let it go. More than anything, i think your tone was very harsh,you are so much adorable when you are nice[er] :(

Girl, iska daaya Nur. He is by far the best on this forum. There are far too many maladroit charlatans to tackle than be concerned with Nur’s few stumbles. Its unfair to overlook all his years of good dacwa (speaking of which, if you enter the words ‘dacwa + islam + meaning' in google, the 1st hit you get is an article by Nur ( a good one) from SOL!! Ha ha), quality articles and simplifying complex Islamic issues for the rest of us. I admire Nur most of the time and hope he continues to write and spread the good message. I think the recent volley of negativity is slowing him down, especially coming from esteemed nomads. Yes, he should be humble enough and return to that thread and dispel the myths he was parading as sensible facts. If he chooses not to, let it be. There is no need to bring it up in every new discussion. He still reserves the right to praise who he wants and write on what he wants, even if you don’t agree or it isn’t to your ‘expectations’.

x_quizit   

Get off sheh's back ppl, she's intelligent and wise enough to see through our resident "sheikh"'s well timed campaign to get back on everyone's good graces. I, like sheh, would be more than willing to let bygones be bygones, but when such a person who's held in such esteem on this forum calls for the multilation of women, all of us, should hold our dear Nur accountable for such an ignorant and dangerous sermon. U might call it whining or just plain stubborness, but some of us wouldn't want the next generation raising daughters thinking that her clit is the root of all problems and sorry if we value our organs enuff not to fall for a few false compliments designed to keep us in our place and not question those who deemed themselves more spiritually aware than us.

p.s.-Since you're back Nur, from ur hasty exit in Ramadan, care to go back to that topic and let us all discuss the merits of multilation? It would be a better forum for us to debate our differences on that matter and not having to use other topics that may not be directly related to it. Not too much to ask for is it?

Castro   

^ Atheer, let's just mutilate the man's genitals and get it over with. It's no joke and I'm not trivializing the plight of Somali women, but the punishment should fit the crime. This man is bordering on paying for the sins of all the misogynists out there. Nur should be held in high regard not because he's an "ordained minister" but for his efforts. Remember that. He is NOT Allah's agent in SOL. No one is. He was lambasted by every Tom, Ali and Mustapha. If he's not learned a lesson from this, I don't know what will teach him. If he has, it makes no sense to beat him black and blue.

I am out of this topic. For good.

x_quizit   

Castro, I don't remember him apologizing nor even deeming to hear our concerns while masterfully ducking out of a debate donning the cloak of ramadan. Therefore I won't relent my stance against him. Hypocrisy isn't generally my cup of tea, so forgive me for not wlcimg him with open arms.

Kashafa   

Flapping mouths in the wind... Flap, Flap, Flap.

Nur,

You being our 'online saviour'(forced labelling is the latest fashion accessory), please send a tongue-in-cheek apology together with a pound of your flesh to appease Dracula's Feminists. Hopefully, that'll do the trick that Ramadan and Eid combined couldn't: Peace and Bliss on SOL.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Aeronwen:

Intaa meel aan lagaaga baahneyn baad afka lasoo gashaa,
NG

Let the girl whip the chauvinist in peace. He more than deserves it.

Without blowing my own trumpet too much, I thought mine was the only worthy contribution on this thread. Not surprised at all that the message has not been received.

Carry on. :cool:

Viking   

There's a risk that Nur's valuable contibutions would be trivialised because of this debacle. A good suggestion to those who want to discuss the topic of FGM is to open a thread and invite Nur to present his opinion with evidence from the Quran and Sunnah and even science to support his claim or invite him [and give him an opportnity]to apologise if he made a mistake. His intentions for initiating this thread should not be questionned because only Allah SWT knows whether his intentions are noble or not. Anyone ready to open a thread and invite Nur to discuss FGM?

^why when there already exists a thread that he initiated!? He abandoned it probably because he couldn't come up with the science and the hadith to back up his thoughts. That much is obvious and this thread is a way of weasling into our good books. My book is too good for that. Sowwy.

For all those who think I should give it up- I shall do so as when I wish. I have said all that I can on it for the moment, unless Nur himself decides this thread is worth returning to. If u can't handle seeing somebody being called upon to explain himself and undo the potential harm that he may unleash(intensified unfortunately by his good reputation), move on and find some other dead four-legged creature to flog. This one's mine.

Brown, I was once in a small town in the middle of practically nowhere in a country where I didn't speak the language. A group of us tried to hire a mini-van. The guy negotiating the deal for us was all blah-blah but no firm commitments were forth-coming. It was obvious he wasn't going to deliver. I needed to be on that mini-van at 7:30am the next morn and if not, take the horrendous local bus. So while all the others listened and listened to the guy talk all the while making no firm promise, I finally interrupted him:

If u can't get us the mini-van tell us now and we'll go somewhere else.

Him: blah, blah

Me: there are other men who can help us, if u can't do this for us, I'll find somebody else right now.

A tourist pipes up: this guy's not going to like u

Me: I don't want to be liked. I want to be on that bus tomorrow morning.

They make a deal with him and we arrange to meet at 7am the following morning. I get myself some breakfast and wait by the side of the road while the rest restlessly wait and wait. I knew he wasn't coming. By half-past the hour, they were in a state of agitation. Just where the hell was he?

Well, duh. If u want a result and u are in the right there comes a point when u eventually run out of sugar and honey to sweeten the truth but it still remains the the truth. I'm not in the business of being liked.

I have made my point. Get over it, get under it, get with it, get off with it, get by with it, get on with it, get out of it, get period. :D

Nephissa   

^Get off his back, and get on with it.

You are bright, articulate and competent contributor. It's sad that you waste so much of your talent in these tit-for-tat xag-xagasho.

I really don't know Nur well enough to say whether or not he's misogynistic. From what I do know of him, I probably wouldn't characterize him as overtly chauvinistic, and he doesn't deserve this blatant disrespect. Haraam!

And what exactly does everyone want him to apologize for?? :confused:

I still have such enormous respect for him. Nur, wherever you'r, come out, and address this issue.

1.A tourist pipes up: this guy's not going to like u

2. Me: I don't want to be liked. I want to be on that bus tomorrow morning.

3I'm not in the business of being liked.

Spoke n Heard@Sheh,Spoke N heard :D

One Last Quote;

I have made my point. Get over it, get under it, get with it, get off with it, get by with it, get on with it, get out of it, get period

Now,Get-er done smile.gif

Originally posted by Kashafa:

please send a tongue-in-cheek apology together with a pound of your flesh to appease Dracula's Feminists.

hmmmm, being opposed to FGM is so darn feminist. Didn't know that. Thanks for the look out, sis!

DraGon   

This is bordering harrasment now....are there no rules against this???

Hey the brother messed up and we all know that....afterall he is not an angel...time to move on. I understand the sisters position but they just have to let go.

And the insults was not called for.