Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom_Seeker

by Mohamoud A. Gaildon

Xoogsade   

Soomaaliya as a free country is dead for now, Ilaahay ha u naxariisto. It will take another humiliated and enslaved generation to rekindle Somali nationalism than the current one.

I even offered my parents a better place to live if they wanted to move and leave The Kilinka Lixaad of Ethiopia(formerly known as Somalia). Qof diin iyo nasabad leh kuma noolaan karo meel Amxaaro ka taliso.

Castro   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Instead give the TFG the minimum support: security arrangement it can live with. Absence of insurgency, the role of Ethiopia as a security gaurantor will evaporate overnight. That will be a paradigm shift in terms of the relationship of the puppet government and its backer.

This puppet regime is part and parcel of the occupation. Supporting this regime is supporting the occupation and no self-respecting Somali will do that. Now, one can pragmatically say the occupier is forcing this regime down our throats, let's just take it so they can leave our lands quickly. The majority of Somalis are resigned to this fate at the moment, except for the brave few who're actively on the battlefields and the even fewer cowards who're cheering the occupation.

This installed puppet regime has shown its callous disregard for the very lives of those it claims to govern and yet it wants to be accepted and supported. For the past few months, it has shown itself to be what it really is: an assembly of failed statesmen wannabes and washed up warlords. Hardly a group worthy of anything but contempt.

What's the solution? Dissolve this government. Keep the parliament. Have elections and see if Yeey is really what the people want. No go? Then Dissolve this government still, fight over what remains and let the winner rule the land. In either options, the occupation must be resisted until the last Xabasaha leaves the land.

TFG 2.0 is a failed crop, atheer.

Right on. The author articulated where we are today. He described the relationship of the power hungry puppets and the Kingmaker in the block. He highlighted the historical hostility of the two neighboring rivals. He pretty much summarized the sorry state we Somali found ourselves in.

Granted Ethiopians are victorious for they are pulling the strings. Inna Yussuf and his cabal are greatful and he will try his best to return the "favor" soon. Uncle Sam too is pleased for he now has folks on the ground doing the dirty job of apprehending "terrorists". All these are facts.

However what the author didn't do is articulate the way forward. What the hell we Somalis should do. Does he have any new ideas. He seems to be hurt. He seems to be humiliated by the recent events.

There are many ideas floating around in this site. Some are insisting on death or dignity ala Ali Dhuuxi's or was it Salaan Carabeey
Hadaad dhimato geeridu marbay nolosha dhaantaaye, Dhashaadeey sugtaa xaajadaad dhowrataa abid e,..
. If he is reading this post I would like to hear from him on this subject. Where does he stand on this one?

Sometimes you have to pretend you agree with the other side in order to get where you want. I for one think supporting the TFG with conditions is the way to go. As I understand Inna Yussuf has already ruled out negotiating with UIC leadership. Still I would like to see Somalis support this third grade politicians!

Do you want to get Ethios outta country? Do I hear yes? Well, how? I really doubt that AK47 and technicals stand a chance in the face of GPS surviallance, Gun ships, and superior American war machine. Insurgency is just a suicide of sort.

Instead give the TFG the minimum support: security arrangement it can live with. Absence of insurgency, the role of Ethiopia as a security gaurantor will evaporate overnight. That will be a paradigm shift in terms of the relationship of the puppet government and its backer.

Couple that with real and meaningful settlement on core Somali issues that kept us fussing and fighting on 17 years. With three conditions, the proposed reconciliation effort will hopefully succeed.

1. No foreign military in Somali soil.

2. Process must be owned by Somalis.

3. The meeting must be held in Mogadishu.

If TFG refuses to take this generous offer then may Allah help us all.

Baashe that I like your resilience is understatement adeer! You have never lost your focus on what still can be as opposed on what might have been! Perhaps you have anticipated defeat and planned for alternative courses. That much I admit and concede! But your insistence on embracing this TFG does not sound practical to me. I doubt these men are in control of these escalating events. Even if they are, with their attitude and public pronouncements, they have shown utter indifference about the plight of this country and are unlikely to change absent of outside pressure.

Lets start with your first condition though:

No foreign military in Somali soil. Here I am lacking that kind of power of positive thinking! Without foreign forces, there will not be a tfg presence in Mogadishu and in many parts in the south. These men are able to breath because of the Ethiopian troops in the south. As soon as these Ethiopian troops withdraw and go home, tfg will disintegrate or go back to its hole in Baydhabo. So logic dictates, if tfg is determined to keep recent military gains that were given to her, she must keep Ethiopian troops on our soil or get a replacement for it---that’s the only game in the town. This tfg has no legitimacy but it now has some sort of authority and it’s not going to give it up for reconciliation sake! Absent of your first condition you can imagine how tfg’s source of authority feeds to a natural insurgency. With its center not holding any more, its leaders on the run, wounded and tensely furious, you can imagine how Court’s remnants are going to react. The model is all too familiar for us! Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, and Palestine! Those who are certain in their cause will not give up weapons easily. And so they will fight, and fight, and fight until they drive Ethiopian’s out. And with Ethiopians, they will also drive this puppet tfg out as well!

Your condition # two:

Process must be owned by Somalis.. If you mean by the process of reconciling Somalis and reforming this transitional framework, I say that would be great. But will it happen? You can easily retort back that it won’t happen unless we try it. How can we try it when these puppets think they won? When they talk like exultant winners do, what they don’t realize is that the other side did not suffer a bitter lose of public rejection. Instead, the mightiest army in the world drove Courts out of power! In that sense, its supporters can’t reason a defeat and are not going to be graceful losers. And the natural outcome of that is resistance.

Your condition #3:

The meeting must be held in Mogadishu. good suggestion I say. But again I am very skeptical about tfg having this kind of imagination.

I must say, in principal, that I am in agreement with your proposed points and in the sequence you listed them! When the powers that be decided to take Courts out, however, I think they deliberately wanted to put us back into anarchy!

Abdullahi Yusuf, can’t rule Somalia. He doesn’t know what is going on in the country, but manages to justify the air strikes that are being carried out by the Ethiopians and US. He has no agenda to pacify the country, bringing Ethiopia troops and letting the Americans to drop bombs on innocent nomads is not pacifying the nation, but rather bring more chaos to a chaotic country.

The man should have thought about what and how he wants to rule. If he was a truly a patriotic leader, he would have spread as the humiliation and started with negotiation with Somalis. He would have kindly dismissed the foreign opportunists. He would have came to Mogadishu the same year he was elected, gained the peoples trust and prove that he is not just a tribal loyalist like Siyad Barre.

He failed to do that, but he did managed to bring Ethiopians into Somalia, bring back the warlords, watch as America bomb the country into the stone ages and didn’t said a word that could comfort a single Somali soul. He can neither to be trusted nor followed, the path he walks on leads to hell.

Som@li   

The other day, I met an old ethiopian Neighbor, 1977 war veteran, and sarcasticly,asked me," what happened to lions we faught in 1970s?" :mad:

This occupation humiliated us,and has taken alot from us,Somalis can never reclaim their glory till we unite.we must find a way forward. redface.gif

Hadda maa dareentay dareenka nagu jiray? The occupation sababtee noo dhibeyso is about its historical presence, Xabash occupying entirely Soomaaliya. Waxaan wax even in our darkest moments occured to us could happen ma ahayn.

It directly attacks the psyche of damiirka Soomaalinimo.

There are a lot of Soomaali people I personally know that never followed about siyaasadda qalafsan ee dalkeena ku sugnayd tan iyo markii dagaallada sokeeye bilowdeen, now aad ugu murugeysan and walbahaarsan these days. Waayeelkeena maalin walba iska ooyo, runtii. That tells you Soomaalinimo wali waa jirtaa, oo badanaa ku hartay dadka, that we will never forget the historical hostilities between Xabash regimes and anaga the last 600 years.

Hundreds of thousands fought those wars since then, including Axmed Gurey, Sayidka, Xalane and Halgamiyashii dagaalkii xaq u dirir ee Soomaali Galbeed. Their blood weren't wasted in vain, and neither will the future liberators of Soomaaliya. This is the last dose of reality Soomaalida needed to wake up for once and all and see who is the real enemy -- Sanaawi.

Som@li   

Saxb MMA waa dareensanaa waana la socday, laakinse waxaa xusid mudan in aynu ogaano waxa halkan ina dhigay. Waa maxay? iyo sida looga bixi karo. Kumanaan soomaali ah baa ku shahiiday dagaaladii xuraynta soomaali galbeed, (Abtigey Hooyaday la dhashey ku jiro).

In la cadhoodo oo la iska tiiiraanyoodo oo hadana waxna la qaban waxba tari mayso. Fekrad ahaan waxaan aaminsanaa in ICU ay siiso fursad TFG da ayna noqodoto xisbi wayn oo ka qayb qaata doorashooyinka 2.5 sano ka dib. taasi way ka baxdey meesha.

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Fekrad ahaan waxaan aaminsanaa in ICU ay siiso fursad TFG da ayna noqodoto xisbi wayn oo ka qayb qaata doorashooyinka 2.5 sano ka dib. taasi way ka baxdey meesha.

On spot Dabshidow, UIC-da golden chance ayeey naga gubeen, they really let us all down blukah! fikirkaas annaa waan qabay, balse UICs waxaa faramarooqsaday (afduub) kuwo yar oo tuugo ah oo dantooda iyo danta qabiilkooda watay, cimaamad guduudan iyo gardheerna la soo baxay.

Baashi   

Castro's proposed solution:

1. Dissolve the government, keep the parliament, and call for elections and see if the old man gets elected. Or 2. Fight and fight and let the winner rule the land.

Xiin agrees with the proposal outlined in my post. He has his reservations but in principle, he thinks that's the way forward for now.

Now let's tackle Castro's line of reasoning.

First off I don't know what to make of your thought process sxb. You want to keep the parliament! Is that what I'm hearing from you? So you want to keep Al Xaaj Mussa yalaxow, Inna Aideed, Barre Hiiraale, and Qanyare :D I really do think this is some sort of slip or typo cuz this line of reasoning is not in line with your overall publicized take of the situation. I'll let you clarify this one.

Moving on...to dissolve the government point. How you do that? Not a bad idea but then again how would you do that. Surely that stunt alone would solve half of our problems. Hold elections as a referendum of Abdullahi's standing huh! lol I guess this one belongs to the record books. My man where will the election be held and for who?

As to fight till the occupation ends suggestion again what's your plan for waging effective and succesful guarilla war? Are you positive that negative tribalism won't in get the way. Who will fund the guarilla war?

As the saying goes, it is easy to propose impossible remedies. With absence of unity, any attempt to drive the "occupiers" will not come to fruition. Awoowe ever heard Timacadde's memorable lines:

Gardaduub haddii loo xidhoo, gaadhna ka ahaato,

Gacantii nin lihi goynayaa waa gumudantaaye,

Nin walaalkii geed ugu jidhaa, geesi noqon waa

Pointing fingers and namecalling aside, the best game plan is to put an offer TFG can't refuse. The Ethio presence in Somali soil is unsustainable. Uncle Sam wants to see stable Somalia whose leaders are under his thump. The situation in Somalia is a headache to the region and almost all the players want to an end to this ghetto yard in the neighborhood (out of self-interest).

Now it stands to reason to make a move that would win the support of interest groups. Support the TFG but with conditions. You can always throw the popular caveats such as "democracy" in order to give opposition parties in the West some ammunitions for their partisan politiking consumption.

Inna Yussuf is extremely clannish man. Deep down he knows how the clan equation works out and all its derivatives. He needs the support of key sub-clans in Mogadishu and he fully understands without their genuine support Benadir is ungovernable. He also understands that Ethiopia's help is limited once the major offensive is over. The only thing that can save hiom is an insurgency for that wins him Uncle Sam and Zenawi's unconditional support.

This tells me that there is a room for negotiation. It will be clannish in nature and it will be about Benadir. Once that deal is reached. The road for national reconciliation is open for travelling. That is the forum where the core Somali issues will be settled. among the issues that will make to the agenda include but not limited to

Long standing grievances

Looted properties

Flexible power-sharing scheme (war-time or post conflict and permanent ideology based kind)

Type of government (secular vs. theocracy)

Fedaral vs Centeral state (regional provinces under strong central government)

Constitution (final draft)

Somaliland question

etc.

Castro   

^ If I set aside my deep mistrust of Ethiopian/US imperial designs on Somalia, ignore the near cataclysmic track record of the TFG, and pretend our clan divisions won't be an obstacle, I cannot in good faith reject anything you wrote above. But the odds of all of those things happening are slim or none. And with what you propose, and given how the invasion bruised our pride, shredded our dignity and cost us many lives while creating new enmities, we've put all of our eggs in one (warlord driven) carriage. May Allah help us all.

Awoowe ever heard Timacadde's memorable lines:

Gardaduub haddii loo xidhoo, gaadhna ka ahaato,

Gacantii nin lihi goynayaa waa gumudantaaye,

Nin walaalkii geed ugu jidhaa, geesi noqon waa

Apparently not.

Castro   

^ Believe it atheer. I've never heard those words before. I've read them but never heard them.

P.S. Glad you brought back your signature. It's never been truer than today. :(

^^ :D:D @I read them but never heard them!

PS--i have struggled to bring it back! It's truer today, I agree . It was also true when the Courts miraculously emerged from a sea of anarchy and brought shoots of hope to the weary masses of Mogadishu!

Castro   

^ You know hearing it makes all the difference, right?

Can you think of any more poems that adequately express the state of Somalia today?