Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A T: The Danger of Single Story

In this clip Chimamanda Adichie, a Nigerian Author, discusess the danger of single story, perceptions that come about as a result of a narrow narrative. If one listens between the lines one appriciates the accurate daignosis she makes on how able men equiped with half truths distort facts of entire communities, countries and continents.

This is for my friend Aw Tusbaxle who not only become the unexpected victim of a single story, but seems to have drawned himself in clannish emotions.

here it's

Kamaavi   

Ninkii dhahay dhabayacadu moral ma leh ma run buu sheegay mise been tolow maxaa daliil u noqon kara ? :D

Walle A&T isagoo gabay wata aroortii wuu soo toosi icon_razz.gif

When we first met in SOL pages he told me that the only good thing that comes from East is the sun. When I reminded him that we had Muslim scholars, intelectuals, judicoius kings and suldans, not menton btful girls, and after little silence he almost parapharased Bacadle's infamous verses:

Ka aftahan aadmiga xaqqana kuma ********'e

Inkastoo...

Asalkaa nifaaq uga jiraa oday ******teene

hadda tolka portals buu wuxuu ka aqriyey in wiilal la xiray, and our friend Aw Tusbaxle declared war on us all. From a UN office in some where in the heart of Africa

I was told he already called the deputy head of Kenya's parlaiment suggesting to take steps against Dhabayaco interest in Nairobi :D

Originally posted by Jafe101:

Ninkii dhahay dhabayacadu moral ma leh ma run buu sheegay mise been tolow maxaa daliil u noqon kara ?
:D

Answer lies between the title of this thread :D

Lol@Xiin

Jafe01, Aw Tusbaxle although he memorises some gabayyo he is not capable of producing any of his. There was a thread somewhere in SOL where I utterly defeated his literary insurgency. My parting gabay was so devastating one of SOL’s best script found its briliancy fascinating and transslated it in a manner few could ever attempt to compose after it.

So the man will not engage me in that area, he has come to learn his limits.

Kamaavi   

^ lol@Awtusbaxle

Bal isaga aynu ka war sugno wuxuu ka dhaho arintaas anu waxaan war ku helay in gabayada loo tiriyo dagaalada iyo nasab sheegadka uu balo ku yahay ,,, :D:D

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

quote:Originally posted by Jafe101:

Ninkii dhahay dhabayacadu moral ma leh ma run buu sheegay mise been tolow maxaa daliil u noqon kara ?

Answer lies between the title of this thread
But it could also be here. And It seems even Human Rights are monitoring the moral of dhabayaco. :D:D

Maaddeey   

Jafe101, Xogta waa Waagacusub oo weji kale leh!, waxa ey soo qoreen & hay'addaba iney iyaga uun yihiin baa laga yaabaa.

Saasooy tahayna, markaad aragtid dad la calool xumaanaya Afgaanistaan, Ciraaq & Falastiin, markii waxa waddamadaas shishe ee Muslinnimada darteed ula damqadeen Somalia (Xamar)ka dhacaan eed aragtid iyagoo ku faraxsan ayaa SHAKKI badan kugu abuurmayaa, laakiin dad badan oo wan-wanaagsan iney ku jiraanaan Shakki kale lahayn!

^^You should also watch it.

The point is really simple: seldom does a single story represent the large narative of entire community. Thus dont generalize. The old, Greek philosopher elequently put it this way: pitfalls await for he who dwells in generality!

Kamaavi   

^The lady delivers brilliant speech with clear & simple language but she is not attractive enough to be watched :D Eventually it does speak for it self.

Maaddeey, you can check around if you're interested to know the ground facts, even the well known anti ONLF websites do have it. Some nabadoons have also been arrested in Bossaso when they tried to speak out.

Maaddeey   

^Hay'adda (somalian Rights Group)& WEbsite-ka keliya ayaan ka hadlayaa ee in warku jiro kama hadlaayo, in other words, qolo been & fabrication lagu yaqaan ha soo xiganin.